SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

I could care less about lights on the throne frankly.

Light up features are overrated for the most part. I would honestly like to customize the throne with lights myself. the polystone kills those ambitions...

Working lights would be awesome but I don't expect them.

I DO expect at least the light panels sculpted where they should be.

I'm sure this will be fixed... Seems like a major oversight though.

Yeah, no real point. But the precedent was set with Thrawn... so I expect it will be the same case here.

I find it funny because, as SS stated in the Dec 9th Q and A, 'Sideshow has been, historically, focused on affordable quality'... Seems like using plastic on an item like the throne would be an ideal way to give us 'affordable quality'.... I'm ?????ing for this reason, The throne will run up to 150 (my guess based on the price point of 225 for Thrawn+his throne). If plastics were used I would assume the price to be around 50, and that difference is enough for us to buy a figure...

Looking at the way his hands are sculpted, looks like we might be getting sith-lightning accessories. :rock:rock:rock

$225 for Thrawn and his command chair sets a precedent, but the fact that Palpatine's throne is being sold separately makes me expect a higher combined price for the two.

$225 for Thrawn and his command chair sets a precedent, but the fact that Palpatine's throne is being sold separately makes me expect a higher combined price for the two.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Perhaps it's not just the chair, but it will have a floor base and the background window too. Then there will be enough room to display ROTJ Luke battling the (eventual ROTJ) Vader in front of the Emperor! That would be REALLY awesome!

Light up features are overrated for the most part. I would honestly like to customize the throne with lights myself. the polystone kills those ambitions...

Light up features are neat but not necessary, like I'd have enjoyed if the panels on Han in Carbonite lit up, but that's not the end of the world.

Display lights, however, i think have a lot of value, like a spotlight setup over the Han in Carbonite wall like in Jabba's palace would have been awesome and something I would keep lit all the time, same with the Emperor, a nice spotlight overhead in the chair would look really sharp.

Cobra Commander's throne was $199 and the figure was separate. I think we should expect no less here.

Light up features are neat but not necessary, like I'd have enjoyed if the panels on Han in Carbonite lit up, but that's not the end of the world.

Display lights, however, i think have a lot of value, like a spotlight setup over the Han in Carbonite wall like in Jabba's palace would have been awesome and something I would keep lit all the time, same with the Emperor, a nice spotlight overhead in the chair would look really sharp.

Yeah, exactly... But the lights on one of my Predator or Ironman or Endo figs are very rarely used.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Perhaps it's not just the chair, but it will have a floor base and the background window too. Then there will be enough room to display ROTJ Luke battling the (eventual ROTJ) Vader in front of the Emperor! That would be REALLY awesome!

that could easily be done in plastic versus polystone & done quite cheap.............and would be an even more epic display

that could easily be done in plastic versus polystone & done quite cheap.............and would be an even more epic display

Plastic or polystone, the only difference would be the shipping price. As with the Boba Fett PF, Sideshow's proven they'll charge the same price for either to keep it in the same range as other "like" products. Durability and weight would be the only benefits.

Yeah, exactly... But the lights on one of my Predator or Ironman or Endo figs are very rarely used.

Indeed, that's why I'm against trying to make production lightsabers light up, to me it's a waste of extra cost for a feature I'll rarely use, it looks cool, but it doesn't really illuminate the piece, I do really care about lights when it enhances the presentation, like spotlights.

Gahh!

I sold off everything but Jedi Luke and Sith Obi-Wan. But this is very tempting. And makes Vader more tempting.

in my head, this should be cheaper than the cobra throne, because its smaller and less intricate.

it seems every new product from SSC these days is a test on my sensibilities as a collector.

if the stand alone throne costs as much or more than the cobra throne, I'm going to pass even though I'm anxious for this item. Heck I was anxious for the Han in Carbonite item when it was previewed and I still haven't picked that up, so I can live without this too if I have to.

I hope the price for both is pretty decent, but this is such a highly wanted piece, I'm in for it no matter what. The ROTJ scenes with the Emperor are just some of my favorites in Star Wars and the throne is part of it all, I like Emperor perched as a powerful overseer, I can't imagine having him on display just standing around, unless he was using Sith Lightning on Luke. Him sitting on the throne will look great with the 1:1 bust.

in my head, this should be cheaper than the cobra throne, because its smaller and less intricate.

it seems every new product from SSC these days is a test on my sensibilities as a collector.

if the stand alone throne costs as much or more than the cobra throne, I'm going to pass even though I'm anxious for this item. Heck I was anxious for the Han in Carbonite item when it was previewed and I still haven't picked that up, so I can live without this too if I have to.

You missed the black Friday sales? I wound up biting for Carbo Han at $126 shipped. :lol

Damn, really? That is an awesome price for Han. I was w/family who had slow-ass internet; so I didn't even attempt to check the sales :monkey2

This is going to look so awesome.

throne1.jpg

I don't think there's an overhead light in the film chair, if there is, it's small and behind his head in the shot above, but all the closeups definitely had some kind of overhead lighting and I'd love the figure to be lit that way as well, it's how I envision Palpatine when I think of him in Jedi.

Emperor4-ROTJ-vcap.jpg

Damn, really? That is an awesome price for Han. I was w/family who had slow-ass internet; so I didn't even attempt to check the sales :monkey2

Yep. $199 before shipping and tax was easy to scoff at, but at that price, I couldn't resist. :(

Back