SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they also included the sculpted neck so he looks more like this
Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

What do you mean by included it, you mean added so the neck and head are one piece not two or do you mean that the neck piece will be the one with unique Palpatine sculpt details? If it's the latter, I can't see why they wouldn't, the prototyped itm if they were going to cheap out they'd have done it before, it'd piss off a number of customers to not include it.

What do you mean by included it, you mean added so the neck and head are one piece not two or do you mean that the neck piece will be the one with unique Palpatine sculpt details? If it's the latter, I can't see why they wouldn't, the prototyped itm if they were going to cheap out they'd have done it before, it'd piss off a number of customers to not include it.

Yes that's it. I think there are many collectors that want to display him like in the picture, with his neck showing. How they do it (one piece or two pieces) i don't mind, but it has to be there :lecture

I received a similar email as well. Seems like SSC is having trouble selling the Throne! Looks like another addition to the GC list.

What really strikes me as funny is that I already own the thone.

Hey sideshow, if you are listening, there is a catchphrase for you to help boost sales of the throne!

OWN THE THRONE!

Yes that's it. I think there are many collectors that want to display him like in the picture, with his neck showing. How they do it (one piece or two pieces) i don't mind, but it has to be there :lecture

It won't look AS nice because of the head and neck being split in 2 pieces but the Palp neck like the official site pics should be there, probably just no futz effort to pull the neckline of the robes down.

I doubt there's a sculpted neck or they wouldn't have it covered with the robe in the pics from SDCC.

I hope there is but I don't think so.

There was one on the prototype so I don't see why they wouldn't have it on the finished Emperor. Hell, they could just as easily reuse the Punk's.

I doubt there's a sculpted neck or they wouldn't have it covered with the robe in the pics from SDCC.

I hope there is but I don't think so.

Clearly you're not familiar with the lack of clothing futzing on Sideshow's part. I love their products but their showcasing of figures often doesn't show the full potential of the costumes with parts puffing out awkwardly or covering something. I'm sure whoever set him up at the cont just made sure he looked right sitting in the chair and didn't worry about the exactness of ever detail visible, he was one of many pieces to be setup for the show.

The proto had a sculpted, unique neck, they're not going to ship him without that, it's not some small detail that people will be forgiving about if it's missed on the production figure. If they wanted to not include it, they wouldn't have had it clearly visible in all the proto photos.

PALP.jpg

There was one on the prototype so I don't see why they wouldn't have it on the finished Emperor. Hell, they could just as easily reuse the Punk's.

Clearly you're not familiar with the lack of clothing futzing on Sideshow's part. I love their products but their showcasing of figures often doesn't show the full potential of the costumes with parts puffing out awkwardly or covering something. I'm sure whoever set him up at the cont just made sure he looked right sitting in the chair and didn't worry about the exactness of ever detail visible, he was one of many pieces to be setup for the show.

The proto had a sculpted, unique neck, they're not going to ship him without that, it's not some small detail that people will be forgiving about if it's missed on the production figure. If they wanted to not include it, they wouldn't have had it clearly visible in all the proto photos.

Excellent, I stand corrected.:lecture

Thanks for clearing this up, I didn't see those pics before, don't know how I missed it, that is really cool. Now when's he coming?

Sadly, no clue, definitely going to be a month or more after the throne's shipped, which kind of sucks, but no notices or anything. Product page says July, but that's not happening.

A friend of mine got a notice that they're shutting down the Waitlist for the Ex.

I hate when they do that...

Looking forward to this. This is one of the latest SS EX's that actually has some significance.

(might be hard to get down the road even with 1000 LE. Cause it is THE EMPEROR!)

How many Ventress ex's are there? And there's no comparing the popularity between the two characters Emperor PWNS!

A friend of mine got a notice that they're shutting down the Waitlist for the Ex.
Hmmmmmmmmmm

I'd seriously doubt that info if I were you. He hasn't even billed yet so shutting down the Wait List this early would be laughably pointless.

I'd heard of another product doing this recently, I think Vader 1:1 Ex., having the WL close notice before it even shipped or charged, but I think there were still some conversions in the end.

Could just be a glitch with the system, I've had issues lately where items ship but never update on my page and I have to notify CS to update them so I get the points.

I'd seriously doubt that info if I were you. He hasn't even billed yet so shutting down the Wait List this early would be laughably pointless.

Nope, saw the email myself. No doubts here. And...

I'd heard of another product doing this recently, I think Vader 1:1 Ex., having the WL close notice before it even shipped or charged, but I think there were still some conversions in the end.

Could just be a glitch with the system, I've had issues lately where items ship but never update on my page and I have to notify CS to update them so I get the points.

... it has happened before. The Vader 1:1 is a good example. I've also had the same glitches that MaulFan mentioned. I recently got SSC to change my HT Sarah to "shipped", since I've had it for weeks and it was still listed as "processing."

Does anyone else think it was a bit foolish to announce The Emperor PF on his throne? I mean, anyone who gets both 12" and PFs will probably not want to display both versions the same way, so I imagine the desire for the 12" scale throne will diminish. Or are SW fans rabid enough that it won't matter an ounce?

Back