SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I canceled it. I don't have the cash either with other purchases coming up. Plus I'm gonna want the throne, and I'm not willing to take the risk.

Ok I understand I'm the only one that doesn't mind it's made of Polystone and the only one that is happy with it not made out of plastic. But sideshow knowing they always find a way to get the best (and highest) price for their collectibles and people still buy it.

Now imagen if the Throne was made out of plastic, would you still pay $140,- for it?

:)

No I wouldn't have paid that much, but this is not the idea. At least we wouldn't have had so many breakage issues. BTW polystone is a type of plastic too...

Pictures of the damaged item:

Itemquebrado006.jpg

Itemquebrado003.jpg

Itemquebrado005.jpg

Itemquebrado002.jpg

Itemquebrado007.jpg

Sorry to see this, will you get replacement?

So the screw threads into the polystone? They should have just made it where the stand has a peg that the chair rests on.

Just got my FedEx invoice for this piece. They charged me another $51 for this. That's a really expensive 1/6 scale chair... Hope the Emperor can appreciate that.

Is that customs? I thought sideshow said polystone didn't incur customs, at one point.

Edit: It's probably VAT right?

Last edited:
Doubt SS has any control on what a country charges for customs fees.

Nah, I know that. Just they stated a while back that most of their stuff [including polystone] is duty free in most of the EU.
FedEx has a tendency to overcharge as well. Question everything.

Nah, I know that. Just they stated a while back that most of their stuff [including polystone] is duty free in most of the EU.
FedEx has a tendency to overcharge as well. Question everything.

I guess the object description is more important than the material it is made of. Which means that (if you are lucky) POLYSTONE STATUES are free of duty, because they are "original collector's sculptures" (in ANY material n.b.). The Emperor's chair is just a TOY (or a toy accessorie in this case), no matter what material it is made of.
It's all in the TARIC harmonized codes, you see. I've noticed that no matter what (correct) TARIC code SSC uses, customs sometimes change it to their pleasing. Then it is up to you to complain.

According to the documents that came with the invoice of the Emperor's chair, customs didn't charge duty in this case, so it's all taxes. But, FedEx always overcharges on advancement/handling fee. They always make you pay a minimum of $12. That is really outrageous. And although SSC is not responsible for the fact that our countries charges us taxes, they should do a lot more for international customers in regards of order consolidation, so we can save on shipping costs and the FedEx handling fee. They will consolidate orders that are processed/ship within the same week, but that just isn't good enough.

I always said SS should consider other shipping companies next to FedEx. FedEx were the stupid ones damaging my 1:6 Vader when they opened up in their own customs office 500 km from my city - who knows what they did with the package there? For example when sent by USPS a package is opened in front of the customer in the city where he lives. BTW VAT tax in Romania is now 24%, really cool :slap

Just got notification that my throne is enroute from fpi
Worried it's gonna be busted ...

<hr style="color: rgb(212, 212, 212); background-color: rgb(212, 212, 212);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Nobody's supposed to even be charged till the 23rd. It's gotta be throne or something else.

After seeing all the hassles w/ this throne, I'm glad I passed on it.

This was made moot for me anyways when SS showed the WIP pixs for the upcoming PF version.

I think there was only one hassle with the throne, which was that whenever one piece of styrofoam wasn't included in the packaging, the stand broke. This has been reported by four people (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Back