SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, what it is missing is the slight smirk. The lips on the figure have a sort of frown.

He does have a bit of a smirk, I think.

P9020082.jpg

It does look like the lips got much more pink since the prototype which makes him look more sad than stern.

He does have a bit of a smirk, I think.

P9020082.jpg
If you look at the pic at the top of this page you'll notice that the left side of mouth has a slight upward turn. On the figure it's pretty much a straight line across. To me, the image shows some attitude, the figure has a more thoughtful look which doesn't really work for the character. With that said I still believe this head can be useful. It just needs some creative thinking.

Instead of the neutral sculpt that we got, it would have been fantastic if we had gotten the smiling sculpt like the one seen in Customikey's signature.

Then it could have been used with the Darth Sidious figure as well.

Awesome pics Mikey!!
thankyou also for the box pics that the Emp comes in!
I guess the only futzing needed is in the cowl to not only get it right,but to show the neck sculpt-which looks amazing..and then also the posing and the lighting,which plays a big part.

Great pics everyone!!!!

Emperor arrived mint today - minor miracle considering the small shipper box.....reason I rarely buy from Sideshow anymore (other than the rare exclusive, like this one)

Very nice overall looking. First time I wish Vader was more in scale, though. Emperor looks way too short next to him.....Cloth material is nice...wish he wasnt commando, though...LOL

Put him on a box :lol

Its comedic the size difference.

Here are shots of my height-adjusted Vader next to Palpy, standing side-by-side right next to one another. I held the camera lens level to top of the Emperor's head, so there's no forced perspective here! As you can see, he comes just above Vader's shoulders. I even got him propped up by his cane (which really is a tad short).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I wonder when the Emperor cut his fingernails? They were long in ROTS.

With the way he looks, seems like a strange vanity.

I've wondered that too Wor-Gar, why Lucas gave him such long nails on ROTS when they weren't long in ROTJ? It seems like Lucas went more extreme with Palpatine's prosthetics in ROTS than in Jedi, which I think should have been the other way around. Still an awesome looking figure though, I'm loving eveyone's pics! :clap:clap

Back