SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the confidence! Yeah, I can't wait to put Palpy under the brush.

I'm most eager to see you redo the eyes. If there's one thing I could say I'm not thrilled with on the paint apps, it's the lack of contrast in his eyes, they seem to have painted the whites on top of the pinkish tone of his skin, but the result is so dark around the Sith eyes, they don't pop out much, and a signature thing of ROTJ Palpatine is how crazy his eyes look in all the closeups.

Here's the Emperor compared to Vader (who has been torso modded and helmet modded):

VaderhelmetBEFORE-AFTER49-5-10.jpg

VaderhelmetBEFORE-AFTER5GIF.gif

My Emperor is hunched over for the cane so he'll give a little more height.

You don't gain much height diff with the helmet mod, but the mod does make the helmet look more to scale and not so big and clunky (besides looking world's better and much more mean).

Little things like that make such a huge difference. :clap Congrats!

Love to see a non-hunched side by side shot. :D

That Vader pic of mine (the gif) I just realized is not accurate because I matched Vader's height but forgot I did the torso mod so it's not showing the height lose. Good for helmet mod though.

Here pjam, this is with Vader height mod and Emperor not slouched...

EmperorAFTERHeightcheck.jpg

Emperor1-1.jpg

Emperor2-1.jpg

Emperor3-1.jpg

Emperor4-1.jpg

I think I like the hood better on my unfutzed one. I need to fiddle with this some more.

Here'e the hood adjusted slightly...

Emperor10.jpg

Late to the game few quick pics. I like the figure, only thing that bothers me is the cane.

012-10.jpg

014-11.jpg

015-4.jpg

018-3.jpg

Last edited:
Little things like that make such a huge difference. :clap Congrats!

Love to see a non-hunched side by side shot. :D

Well, pjam. It so happens I also have such a photo.

picture.php

It's hard to tell, but these guys are standing side-by-side, Emperor straight up (& cane down!) next to my helmet-modified & height-modified Vader.

I caved... all these dang pictures made me reorder him. Not sure about the throne but I guess I do need the Emperor... how can a Star Wars collection be complete without him.

That Vader pic of mine (the gif) I just realized is not accurate because I matched Vader's height but forgot I did the torso mod so it's not showing the height lose. Good for helmet mod though.

Here pjam, this is with Vader height mod and Emperor not slouched...

EmperorAFTERHeightcheck.jpg

Emperor1-1.jpg

Emperor2-1.jpg

Emperor3-1.jpg

Emperor4-1.jpg

That's it. You nailed it! Heights are just about perfect. Nicely done.:D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ChozTEKskoM?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ChozTEKskoM?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ChozTEKskoM?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ChozTEKskoM?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lol Sony Entertainment have blocked this video in Sweden due to trademark violation.

DAMNIT Sideshow does not allow to pay with paypal, now I STILL cant get the EX version. Any suggestions? I'm not going to pay 150$ on ebay for a guy in a robe lol.

Finished reading Darth Bane last night and it has me pretty excited for this release. Getting it today. :rock

Back