SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it really is.

Now, i like the regular HS more than the EX so i REALLY wish i woulda waited...Oh well.

I blame Wor Gar........he took awesome pics with the exclusive sculpt, sucked me into a purchase. Along comes Rook with great basic sculpted shots but too late.....damage was done :lol

Freakin impulsive buy :gah:

Great pics GlennFett!!!
:rock!!!

Here's a quick snapshot of Palps with Medi R2

DSC06930.jpg

Nice pics kuz!

Very cool figure!

The regular headsculpt looks almost melancholy.

Just not evil enough for the Emperor. As stated before, I would have preferred that it were a sinister grin or even a smug look. (like when he says, "your faith in your friends..." to Luke.

The exclusive sculpt is probably in the top 5 best 1/6th Star Wars sculpts, in my opinion. It captures the Emperor perfectly.

I love this figure even the paint job looks good. Only thing missing is force-lighting. I have the glue gun heating up, I'm going to try to make some. Has anyone else tried this?

Sad day for me. Ive had my wife waiting at home all day for my package cause it says it was out for delivery. On my train commute home I tracked the package on my iphone and seen that it was delivered at 7:55pm. So I called my wife and she proceeded to tell me she was sitting on the deck in front of my house waiting and no package had been delivered. When I check the UPS sitethe status says left with man. Isnt there supposed to be a signature required? I immediately called UPS and they were really no help at all. They told me they could not help me till they heard from Sideshow first. I sent Sideshow an email but will have to wait till tomorrow to hear anything.

I always feared this day would happen with a Sideshow package. Maybe its just me but I cant stand that Sideshow ships out our exspensive collectibles with the name of the product on both sides of the box. It can be very tempting for a thief. Not saying this is exactly what happened to me and my box could have been misdelivered somewhere else. But still, I know Im not getting it back wherever it went. Either way I hope Sideshow will be able to help me out. :monkey2

Sad day for me. Ive had my wife waiting at home all day for my package cause it says it was out for delivery. On my train commute home I tracked the package on my iphone and seen that it was delivered at 7:55pm. So I called my wife and she proceeded to tell me she was sitting on the deck in front of my house waiting and no package had been delivered. When I check the UPS sitethe status says left with man. Isnt there supposed to be a signature required? I immediately called UPS and they were really no help at all. They told me they could not help me till they heard from Sideshow first. I sent Sideshow an email but will have to wait till tomorrow to hear anything.

I always feared this day would happen with a Sideshow package. Maybe its just me but I cant stand that Sideshow ships out our exspensive collectibles with the name of the product on both sides of the box. It can be very tempting for a thief. Not saying this is exactly what happened to me and my box could have been misdelivered somewhere else. But still, I know Im not getting it back wherever it went. Either way I hope Sideshow will be able to help me out. :monkey2

Signatures are required only for items over $100 unless you send in a waiver. Emperor was under $100 so no signature required.

Got most of it done paint is still wet but I think it looks good. Going to try to use some other material tomorrow, when I have more time I kind of threw this one together quickly.

100_0449.jpg

100_0452.jpg

100_0461.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0469.jpg

100_0472.jpg

100_0473.jpg

My contribution. Indoor pics arent that good.

IMG_6256.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

IMG_6362.jpg

IMG_6363.jpg

IMG_6367.jpg

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uY7iGasxEYk?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/uY7iGasxEYk?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

I used copper wire then hot glue around the wire. Some blue paint and your done.

I'm very impressed! I never thought the Hot glue could ever look so good. :clap So did you drill holes in the fingers or just melt the wire in? The only other thing I was pondering was using the Unleashed lightning, but it's too short.

I'll do a tutorial this weekend and post it in the Star Wars custom section. But yes I put the wire into the fingers.

Doily outside!

Yeah, I've been liking how the shots outside have been coming out. The last several items I've done that with though its getting to be fall/winter so those will be on short order. Figured I'd do something different.

Josh, just try finding a room where the natural light comes in pretty strongly and you should be able to get the same quality as shooting outside.

Josh, just try finding a room where the natural light comes in pretty strongly and you should be able to get the same quality as shooting outside.

For the most part where I take my shots things work well. I couldn't get very good shots of it at SDCC either honestly. The color mixtures of the figure don't work well with the fact I do use flash and all.

Back