SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as my grandma really isn't the Emperor and doesn't force lightning me I'm probably fast enough to dodge the cane. :)

Lit wrong and both faces look odd, but lit with good shadowing and they're totally NcDiarmid from Jedi, great job Tim.

Even lit right I think the reg head just looks lame. I guess its the no expression that throws it off for me. That reg head will be spending a lot of time in the box.

Maybe once I have it in hand my opinion will change. Lord knows I've seen a lot of blown up pics pf things that look bad but once I got it they look fantastic.

Wasn't there something once upon a time about Lucasfilm requiring neutral expressions on these figures?

I don't remember reading that, but if true, Sideshow should then always include an extra headsculpt with "character" in order to get around that ridiculous requirement.

SS: "Here you go, Mr. Lucas. A neutral sculpt just as you asked for."

GL: "Meeesa likes it!"

Even lit right I think the reg head just looks lame. I guess its the no expression that throws it off for me. That reg head will be spending a lot of time in the box.

I think it comes down to how you envision the character, no qualtiy of image will sway you on a sculpt if the design doesn't suit you. For me, the regular head better depicts Palpatine in ROTJ, I'm happy with both sculpts but definitely prefer the regular.

Wasn't there something once upon a time about Lucasfilm requiring neutral expressions on these figures?

I don't know of any broad LFL dictation. Wookster commented once that he'd caught from his sources that more neutral sculpts are what usually is preferred and most easily approved. Even Hot Toys sculpts are pretty neutral unless there's more than one portrait with a figure. It would seem that with 2 heads we get some variety, with 1 it's mostly neutral.

I think it comes down to how you envision the character, no qualtiy of image will sway you on a sculpt if the design doesn't suit you. For me, the regular head better depicts Palpatine in ROTJ, I'm happy with both sculpts but definitely prefer the regular.
Couldn't agree more! And after having the figure in hand, I also prefer the regular head. The only minor nitpick I have about it, is that sometimes, I have to concentrate a while to really really really see Palpatine. I guess it is something about the upper lip... could be the paintjob too, not sure.

SS needs some Maulfan shots on their web site. This one in particular needs to be reposted.

STILL6.jpg

When do you think Sideshow will smart-up and hire Maul Fan?

This figure is tough to photograph unless you have a nice set up going. At least thats how I look at it for what thats worth.

He needs a more shadowy effect to get the creepiness going but for me I don't really care for that style. I want to see the details of the piece not see them hidden by shadows.

Back