SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

I think its the PRO but I also think the head is one piece. I am anxious to get my dead punk to see how it works having a sculpted neck as a two piece.. If it looks good I hope that is the route they chose to go on Palps.

I would imagine it looks like any Hot Toys figure where the neck is sculpted.

I would imagine it looks like any Hot Toys figure where the neck is sculpted.

I have never seen an HT fig with a sculpted neck. Just normal run of the mill necks. Which ones specifically are you referring to?

what was all that hoopla when the pro was first released that buck heads were not compatible with the pro?

Is it just SSC doesn't want to offer neck adapters?

they'd probably do a decent business if they offered nude pros w/ neck adapter to retrofit the old figures...

I have never seen an HT fig with a sculpted neck. Just normal run of the mill necks. Which ones specifically are you referring to?

Any Dark Knight Joker, Marcus Wright, John Connor. Any nude TT.

TTM-08_HTTrueTypeBody.jpg

Godfather had a sculpted neck... so did the Joker heads. Not all of them are the separate neck piece; but the majority are.

Edit MF just beat me to it :lol

Honestly, there's no chance in hell he's on a Buck. Having a sculpted neck doesn't mean a thing. His neck could be sculpted to the head or it could be it's own independent piece with sculpted detail... either way, he's on a pro.

Those are sculpted necks on a one piece head sculpt. Perhaps a reread of my original post would do some good for those who use emoticons before they use their brains:

I think its the PRO but I also think the head is one piece. I am anxious to get my dead punk to see how it works having a sculpted neck as a two piece.. If it looks good I hope that is the route they chose to go on Palps.

:rolleyes:

I think people only wonder about the Buck because so far, all the Pro figures have had a jointed neck, it didn't seem like Sideshow was ever going to offer sculpted neck Pro figures.

For someone like Palpatine, it's ideal, he needs the aesthetics of the neck details more than the posability.

I'm actually more interested if he's Pro v1 or v2.

Those are sculpted necks on a one piece head sculpt. Perhaps a reread of my original post would do some good for those who use emoticons before they use their brains:

I don't see it as being 2 piece sculpted neck. The skin that hangs down below the chin would look pretty silly sculpted to the just the chin or neck.

I don't see it as being 2 piece sculpted neck. The skin that hangs down below the chin would look pretty silly sculpted to the just the chin or neck.

Hence the curiosity of my statement re: how it will work on the Dead Punk vs how it could work on Palps. :lol

Misunderstood you, I don't follow the dead so I didn't realize Sidshow made a unique neck piece for that figure.

I think Palpatine is and should be a solid neck and head, with his wrinkling flowing from his jaw into his neck, a jointed one would leave things misalinged, it wouldn't be a smooth transition, same with like a Tarkin. Even if necks have anatomy and texture or anything sculpted in them, if the particular face has distinct features that run from the face into the neck, there shouldn't be a separation of any kind.

I think people only wonder about the Buck because so far, all the Pro figures have had a jointed neck, it didn't seem like Sideshow was ever going to offer sculpted neck Pro figures.

For someone like Palpatine, it's ideal, he needs the aesthetics of the neck details more than the posability.

I'm actually more interested if he's Pro v1 or v2.

I'd assume he'll be on the v1, FF is on the v1.1 and Duke on the v1.2... Can't imagine the Emperor needing the additional height or bulk.

I'd assume he'll be on the v1, FF is on the v1.1 and Duke on the v1.2... Can't imagine the Emperor needing the additional height or bulk.

I'd prefer him on the original for height compared to the rest of the Star Wars line, but I wouldn't mind him on the largere one for better scale to Vader.

Intuitively I agree with you MF. I hope its a one piece head sculpt... Still, maybe in conjunction with hood placement they could pull off a two piece head sculpt.

We'll know soon, I'm eager to see the face from an angle that doesn't make him look almost eyeless though, I think that's part of why some people are lukewarm about the face right now, the high angle makes him looking squinting, almost eyeless, which isn't right for him.

Back