SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

V 1.1 / V 1.0 / V 1.2

PROS.jpg

V 1.0 = Original
V 1.1 = Taller
V 1.2 = Taller and Bulkier

Why the heck wasn't Indy and Lando on this taller Pro?

The Emperor's a little guy. Needs to be on the Petite Pro.

Because they picked the launch of a crucial figure from a fresh new license to R&D their new product? :dunno

?????k Vader. :)

Seriously, I don't want to resize my entire collection to accomodate Vader. He's too tall. He needs to be fixed.

These came well after the first Indy and at this point, for consistency, every Indy should be on the same body.

As for Lando, he went up for order shortly before these were unveiled. I thought maybe he'd end up on the taller one, but they stuck with what they were committed to in preorders, and for all we know his base body may have been in production already, bodies don't require the approval process like sculpts, paint and accessories so the factory can start on them whenever.

These came well after the first Indy and at this point, for consistency, every Indy should be on the same body.

As for Lando, he went up for order shortly before these were unveiled. I thought maybe he'd end up on the taller one, but they stuck with what they were committed to in preorders, and for all we know his base body may have been in production already, bodies don't require the approval process like sculpts, paint and accessories so the factory can start on them whenever.

I'm sure that's true. Plus tailoring is done and signed off on so any body change could foul things up.

Still... we all end up swapping bodies anyway. :)

Well the plus is, if we get a Han on a Pro, he'll likely be on the taller and same height as previous Han's, so at least in that regard there should be continuity. This also means likely, a Skiff Lando will be on the 1.0 to keep Landos consistent.

Well the plus is, if we get a Han on a Pro, he'll likely be on the taller and same height as previous Han's, so at least in that regard there should be continuity. This also means likely, a Skiff Lando will be on the 1.0 to keep Landos consistent.

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 I'd rather have a proper height Lando and a shorter Lando than two that are too short.

Vader. He's too tall. He needs to be fixed.

I agree. I added some pen-cap risers to my medicom ROTJ Vader and now I'm really happy with the height/figure overall. A bit harder to shrink the SS though:lol

I agree. I added some pen-cap risers to my medicom ROTJ Vader and now I'm really happy with the height/figure overall. A bit harder to shrink the SS though:lol

Unfortunately, height isn't the only issue with Medi's Vaders.

Unfortunately, height isn't the only issue with Medi's Vaders.

Not sure what you're referring to (construction, screen accuracy?) but after almost purchasing the SS Vader several times I've personally decided to stick with the Medi. Granted the SS would be more accurate dueling my old ben, I'm excited to display the ROTJ next to the upcoming emperor.

Not sure what you're referring to (construction, screen accuracy?) but after almost purchasing the SS Vader several times I've personally decided to stick with the Medi. Granted the SS would be more accurate dueling my old ben, I'm excited to display the ROTJ next to the upcoming emperor.

If, in your mind, Anthony Daniels played Vader, he should be fine. ;)

If, in your mind, Anthony Daniels played Vader, he should be fine. ;)

Haha Ahhh well, that mental image is a keeper... I've seen some interesting pad work done on the medi to bulk it up :lol just haven't gotten around to it myself

I think its time for you guys to re-watch ROTJ. Emperor was not short at all. In fact, i remember thinking how tall he was in relation to Vader. I'd say the middle one to be safe

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1mLJ1zuW048&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1mLJ1zuW048&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

so after seeing that vid, he should be about the same height as a Stormtrooper figure, right?

Couldn't help it nam...

anthonyvader.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1mLJ1zuW048&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1mLJ1zuW048&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks like at the tallest point, he's at Vader's nose piece, unless that was just the camera angle.

Couldn't help it nam...

anthonyvader.jpg

:rock:rotfl:rock:rotfl:rock

Back