Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I am really really trying to create a stream lined collection of must haves only. I don't want to have stuff in my collection only if its for the sake of complimenting another charater. That is my goal anyway. Now... that said, if I come into some extra cash down the road after this throttling I am taking with all these amazing DC characters Etc, etc coming out I may entertain a Reg edition of the Joker.... maybe:wink1:

I totally get that as that's exactly my way of thinking as far as collecting it just so happens that the joker is a must have for me not a complementing piece, so I can't wait for bats since is another must have for me.

I totally get that as that's exactly my way of thinking as far as collecting it just so happens that the joker is a must have for me not a complementing piece, so I can't wait for bats since is another must have for me.

Yeah I HAVE to have a Bats, but I am not in that place with Joker yet.

Last edited:

What's everyones take one 7500 Bats PF up for grabs, does it help or hurt the resale value of this piece, IMO Batman and Superman are the most popular superhero's of all time, hence the high number

What's everyones take one 7500 Bats PF up for grabs, does it help or hurt the resale value of this piece, IMO Batman and Superman are the most popular superhero's of all time, hence the high number

I think you covered it all right there :)

That and SideShow can pull in the same for just this one release as like 7 Skaars, as long as they have the same profit margin.

The value of a Sideshow piece has never gone for below what you originally bought it for. If your concern is about the statues over saturating the market and somehow making Batman (or Superman) worth less than what Sideshow msrp's it for, I wouldn't worry. But if your concern is about the increase of each statues value being based on the production numbers, then you're playing a losing game imo.

I'd be willing to bet by the end of next year they will likely be sold out. I am just making a friendly wager. So we will see I guess.

The value of a Sideshow piece has never gone for below what you originally bought it for. If your concern is about the statues over saturating the market and somehow making Batman (or Superman) worth less than what Sideshow msrp's it for, I wouldn't worry. But if your concern is about the increase of each statues value being based on the production numbers, then you're playing a losing game imo.

well my brother wants to get into collecting now, as for me i was able to get my hands on an EX PF, but he wasn't so lucky. I just think the 7500 was an unattractive number for him which is why he's a little questionable about this piece. IMO i think its the nicest PF i have ever seen and thats enough conviction for me even if its just the reg PF.

well my brother wants to get into collecting now, as for me i was able to get my hands on an EX PF, but he wasn't so lucky. I just think the 7500 was an unattractive number for him which is why he's a little questionable about this piece. IMO i think its the nicest PF i have ever seen and thats enough conviction for me even if its just the reg PF.

Agreed. It will maintain its MSRP value. Plus its just amazing. In this case I'd have to put my love of the sculpt before my distaste for the ES provided I was your brother.

do you see the PF selling out anytime soon thou?

hmm tough to say Amazen

I think the only reason it's so high is that they recieved a mountain of orders as it is.

They then need to cover themselves for any future demand while maintaining some kind of exclusivity.

There MAY be time to order this piece but I'm not sure there is anything in the past to compare this too. Batman is huge, it's an iconic pose. It seems like new ground for most here. I feel it will sell out though. I don't think it will be sitting in their warehouses as some are predicting.

As more and more DC fans join the SS community this will dissapear.

I bought the Reg PF because it looks amazing, and I can't see myself ever selling this unless it s to upgrade to an EX (I am new to collecting too and missed the EX). However, in the end I love the look of this piece. Hence my avatar and my sig which I made myself by the way ... :rotfl... As long as I have a collection a version of this PF will be in it.:lecture... This I promise..lol.

do you see the PF selling out anytime soon thou?

Honestly, I think it depends on how many noobs this piece brings in. It could be like a gateway drug. People thinking that they are JUST going to get Batman.. Till they see superman... Who looks equally awesome ... Then WonderWoman... And By then they are hooked. You could see thousands of new collectors because of this piece. So if the noobs come a running then it could sell out faster then some think. Like Ondi said whole new territory.

I also see the higher number as SS trying to claim a slice of the after market value for themselves. Some of the more rare pieces go for crazy $$$ none of which SS see coz this is all happening in the after market. By increasing the ES they make the figs a bit less rare and, provided they sell out of em, capture some extra moolah for themselves - $$$ money that would have gone to flippers otherwise. And with a character like batman it's a no brainer, the thing will sell out for sure - if it's not sold out before in hand pics come out on the forums any remaining Regs will go like ****en nobody's business when people start posting pics and review vids. Can u imagine the hype in this thread and the tools regretting not pulling the trigger on this come March! It's going to be ****ing epic lmfao there will be so much 'I hope I convert :pray ' and 'why didn't I pull the trigger on this at SDCC :slap '. You snooze you ****en lose broseph.

I also see the higher number as SS trying to claim a slice of the after market value for themselves. Some of the more rare pieces go for crazy $$$ none of which SS see coz this is all happening in the after market. By increasing the ES they make the figs a bit less rare and, provided they sell out of em, capture some extra moolah for themselves - $$$ money that would have gone to flippers otherwise. And with a character like batman it's a no brainer, the thing will sell out for sure - if it's not sold out before in hand pics come out on the forums any remaining Regs will go like ****en nobody's business when people start posting pics and review vids. Can u imagine the hype in this thread and the tools regretting not pulling the trigger on this come March! It's going to be ****ing epic lmfao there will be so much 'I hope I convert :pray ' and 'why didn't I pull the trigger on this at SDCC :slap '. You snooze you ****en lose broseph.
:goodpost: This could VERY well be how this plays out:hi5:

2379598-superheroes_batman_superman_superheroes_we_all_know_whos_really_in_charge_super.png

This could be another scenario that could work!

Honestly, I think it depends on how many noobs this piece brings in. It could be like a gateway drug. People thinking that they are JUST going to get Batman.. Till they see superman... Who looks equally awesome ... Then WonderWoman... And By then they are hooked. You could see thousands of new collectors because of this piece. So if the noobs come a running then it could sell out faster then some think. Like Ondi said whole new territory.

Hence my little brother, decided to finally give in and start collecting, he ordered Bats and put in an order for Joker even though its on backorder which im not sure how that works.

Any of you guys ever put an order in that was labeled as a backordered? if so what was the outcome?

I just looked at the specs for Bats and he's 25" tall! My Besta (which I just finished painstakingly building) only has 23.5" clearance per compartment! Where am I going to put this goliath?!! it might have to go on my fireplace mantle, where it's going to be exposed out in the open...

I just looked at the specs for Bats and he's 25" tall! My Besta (which I just finished painstakingly building) only has 23.5" clearance per compartment! Where am I going to put this goliath?!! it might have to go on my fireplace mantle, where it's going to be exposed out in the open...

Lower the shelf on the besta.

Hence my little brother, decided to finally give in and start collecting, he ordered Bats and put in an order for Joker even though its on backorder which im not sure how that works.

Any of you guys ever put an order in that was labeled as a backordered? if so what was the outcome?

I just ordered the Batman 1:1 bust. It is backordered too, all that means is that the item is now for sale (no longer a pre-sale) but the warehouse is currently out of stock. As soon as they get more in they will ship it to you.

Just pretend it's a pre order, it's pretty much the same MO. :wave

Back