Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Don't like the face at all. This face and the 1:1 bust misses the mark big time.

BB

I totally disagree, but there be two heads a coming, so I hope you like the other one. We all deserve to love the pieces we buy. I admit I was kind of with you till I saw the pics like the one above from SDCC. Then I was all like :love:blissy:elefant:bouncin:winner:rock2

I personally prefer this head sculpt compare to the bust.

I personally prefer this head sculpt compare to the bust.

I do too actually... BUT that is only because there is an eye issue with the bust that I can't seem to get by. The eyes are TO far appart by about half an eye, and as an artist myself who has studied proportions it BUGS me to an unreasonable degree. Now I do really like the bust and I would get it if I had the space and the funds, but that is why I prefer this headsculpt.

Different strokes Dude... people are aloud to have opinions.

I do too actually... BUT that is only because there is an eye issue with the bust that I can't seem to get by. The eyes are TO far appart by about half an eye, and as an artist myself who has studied proportions it BUGS me to an unreasonable degree. Now I do really like the bust and I would get it if I had the space and the funds, but that is why I prefer this headsculpt.

Spidey, that's just not true. As you know, I have the bust and i measured the eyes with a pair of sculpting calipers and the eyes are one eye width apart. You can't go by pictures, you gotta see this thing in hand, it's perfection!

Spidey, that's just not true. As you know, I have the bust and i measured the eyes with a pair of sculpting calipers and the eyes are one eye width apart. You can't go by pictures, you gotta see this thing in hand, it's perfection!

Actually I was going by a picture posted up in the Bust thread where someone did a sketch over of the anatomy and it shows a half an eye difference. I am not putting the bust down, I would love to own it m8, just stating why I prefer the posted head sculpt over the bust. I do LOVE the bust Dude.

DUDE IT WAS YOU!!!
Batmanbust_zps94fdc8c8.jpg

Your sketch over clearly shows that the eyes are about half an eye to far apart. I said from the beginning that I thought there were anatomy issues, and then you proved that the eye width issue was the ONLY problem and we had the whole conversation.

There's nothing wrong with the bust

See above... there is a small anatomy issue

andy b said there wasn't. I believe him over you

Believe what you want Dude... but here is a manipulation of the actual pics from SSC... all I have done is copy both eyes and centered them.. no size manipulation at all. It is FINE to have a little extra space between eyes, but MOST people have the distance of 1 eye between their eyes. So honestly, I know what I know and what you believe is what you believe., but the eyes shoud all be alligned AND touching at the edges..:dunno

CB84B4FE-2891-4F1F-97A7-3F881873F1D9-26754-00002F337225FF14_zpsb734534c.jpg

Spidey, that was a quick sketch, not critically accurate by any means. But using the calipers it is proportioned correctly, one eye apart. The problem I think you are having is by applying 3 dimensional proportions to a 2 dimensional image.

The eyes do continue a little further towards the center (nose) that you really cant see in the picture due to lighting/shadow/contours etc. I know it's a silly argument but I just wanted to post a counterpoint when you state as fact that the eyes are out of whack, 'cause they aint:lecture

Ok now let's get back to complaining about the PFs fat legs!:lol

Spidey, that was a quick sketch, not critically accurate by any means. But using the calipers it is proportioned correctly, one eye apart. The problem I think you are having is by applying 3 dimensional proportions to a 2 dimensional image.

The eyes do continue a little further towards the center (nose) that you really cant see in the picture due to lighting/shadow/contours etc. I know it's a silly argument but I just wanted to post a counterpoint when you state as fact that the eyes are out of whack, 'cause they aint:lecture

:goodpost:

Tamato ... I am not trying to be rude here ... I am not.. but that measurement... with eyes being one eye width apart .... IS a two dimensional measurement, and it is the one used by all of the greats. NO matter how well lit a photo is... when I apply the measurement it is off.

Here is another example
9642FB23-3E3E-43B8-B408-3C70C225EC6A-9164-0000088FDEAE9E56_zpsad69d034.jpg

EDIT: out of respect for the original owner I have edited this pic down to just show the eyes

The eye width measurement is suppose to be done in 2D Tam. I have seen this bad boy in person and it looked off when I saw it then. Three different examples all show the same thing Dude... pretty close to a fact m8.

Now let me be clear. That is all nitpick... I think the bust looks amazing, but it stood out for me right away everytime I have seen it. I am not putting the statue down, but like you I have studied art, and this is off when put against the "classic" proportions and that is WHY I prefer the PF sculpt to the bust. It is simply a preference thing.

As for the short fat legs... we will have to see.

Last edited:
Back