Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

url

Yeah for me it is a little thing because I am not ordering the bust even though I think it looks good, but having drawn for 30 years, and having been on a fairly big proportions and anatomy kick for the last 10 or so(still working so so hard) .... Well let's just say it jumped out at me in the first 30 seconds of seeing the photo. It is one of the Devine proportions isn't it??? However, yeah it is one of the main reasons I like the PF head sculpts better.

Spidey, IMO these are the essential volumes:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Artistic-Anatomy-Practical-Art-Books/dp/0823002977/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362005579&sr=8-1&keywords=artistic+anatomy[/ame]

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Dynamic-Anatomy-Expanded-Burne-Hogarth/dp/0823015521/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362005644&sr=1-1&keywords=dynamic+anatomy[/ame]

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Head-Figure-Perigee-Jack/dp/0399507914/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362005817&sr=1-1&keywords=hamm+head+figure[/ame]

All of the above corroborate what you are saying.

Whew, makes me glad I'm not an artist. Now I know what books to avoid so I can actually enjoy Sideshow's products. Thanks for the heads up:hi5::lol

But stupid is forever.

Sorry to dip out on this scintillating debate, but I have a classroom of 20 young ladies (and a few gentlemen) waiting. Later.

For the record, I just measured the width of my Batman Bust's eyes with a piece of string and then measured the distance between the eyes using that string below the nose of the cowl, and they are exactly the same at 4cm. The nose on the cowl makes it very hard to gauge the dimensions in a photo. So there you go, actual measurements, not lame photoshop speculation BS :pfft:

For the record, I just measured the width of my Batman Bust's eyes with a piece of string and then measured the distance between the eyes using that string below the nose of the cowl, and they are exactly the same at 4cm. The nose on the cowl makes it very hard to gauge the dimensions in a photo. So there you go, actual measurements, not lame photoshop speculation BS :pfft:

url

Fortunately for me I won't let your opinion as an art scholar diminish my opinion, but hey you gave it your best shot.

As for stealing my pic, I guess if you feel entitled to steal it to manipulate it to suit your needs there isn't much I can do about it. But hey, since you saw it in person and all and were able to inspect it up close, why don't you do your own photo shoot to highlight your perceived flaws. Send me the power point :wink1:

Dude I am TOTALLY SORRY I meant to say it "shouldn't diminish" your enjoyment. It was a typo I didn't catch. I freely admit how I typed that was prickish, but it want HOW I MEANT IT. You have my apologies. Honestly, I am truly sorry.

I'm calling BS on this. Pics of you and the bust or you lack credibility :nana:

I can vouch I live in the same city as Spidey. They have him at a store called Silver Snail and unfortunately, I saw Thor and Batman's Bust and though very cool, I wouldn't spend this amount of coin on these busts. They look great and all, but not something I would buy. I think PFs have better paint jobs (at least IMO). If you like the bust, enjoy :)

How big is batman's bust overall guys? I dunno if he would fit in my space.

I can vouch I live in the same city as Spidey. They have him at a store called Silver Snail and unfortunately, I saw Thor and Batman's Bust and though very cool, I wouldn't spend this amount of coin on these busts. They look great and all, but not something I would buy. I think PFs have better paint jobs (at least IMO). If you like the bust, enjoy :)

Yeah that is exactly where I saw it. Climbed right up on that lame step stool they have so I could have a GREAT LOOK at him.

I own two of the three and was going to use a shot from Hamm to show my point, but I was in a rush.

Fact: I own the bust and its amazing in person.
Fact: Photo's of the bust for whatever reason make the eyes seem way more off they they are in person.

This exactly

hmm, where did you steal that picture from? Oh yeah, its one of mine. Many might find it rude to steal other's pics without asking, especially to trash one of their favorite collection pieces :mad:

I'm calling BS on this. Pics of you and the bust or you lack credibility :nana:

Fortunately for me I won't let your opinion as an art scholar diminish my opinion, but hey you gave it your best shot.

As for stealing my pic, I guess if you feel entitled to steal it to manipulate it to suit your needs there isn't much I can do about it. But hey, since you saw it in person and all and were able to inspect it up close, why don't you do your own photo shoot to highlight your perceived flaws. Send me the power point :wink1:

csi - My Friend, I think you are getting a bit over upset over nothing. I don't think that anything Spidey has done or said is out of line. He was clearly stating this all as his opinion in how he feels about the piece and was just backing up his point of view with photos. I found that even though he had an issue with the bust he was still respectful of the work and to the owners of the piece.

He in no way attacked owners of this piece or insulted their taste. Basically he just stood his ground from a comment that ink said.

As far as using your picture. Come on my man. It was not like he tried to call it his own. He said he got it fro somewhere. It's not like he profited from using your photo or made fun of the photo or anything like that. It's not like it was a photo of your family or something.

I am not trying to defend Spidey's point of view or anything. I am just defending the fact that he has been respectful in sharing his opinion. It would be different if he was insulting the piece and it's owners by saying things like "this piece sucks, what a waste of money, people who buy this just have no idea what real art is" etc.... No instead he just shared a well thought out point of view.

That is what these forums are all about. It would be boring if we all agreed all the time.

Back