Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

My wife had to leave for duty to Korea about 2 weeks ago for a year, but right before she left, I bought her a brand new iPad with a bunch of accessories. We've both been pretty bummed out since then, but she wanted to lift my spirits up. She knew it was pushed back from May all the way to August, so she couldn't hold the surprise that long. Anyway, she bought it on pre-order, and then totally blew me away when she sent me the link to the Sideshow website via Skype. I clicked on it and it took me straight to the PF Batman page. Then she told me she had just hit the purchase button about 10 minutes earlier. I couldn't believe it. She's awesome. I'm so totally stoked to get this. I just started this hobby and the only other Batman I have is the black costumed Koto 1/6th. And I thought that one was the best I've seen so far....until this. Too bad the EX isn't around anymore....would love to have that when it's released.

Steven
Amazing gift!!! Awesome wife! Welcome to the board!

My wife had to leave for duty to Korea about 2 weeks ago for a year, but right before she left, I bought her a brand new iPad with a bunch of accessories. We've both been pretty bummed out since then, but she wanted to lift my spirits up. She knew it was pushed back from May all the way to August, so she couldn't hold the surprise that long. Anyway, she bought it on pre-order, and then totally blew me away when she sent me the link to the Sideshow website via Skype. I clicked on it and it took me straight to the PF Batman page. Then she told me she had just hit the purchase button about 10 minutes earlier. I couldn't believe it. She's awesome. I'm so totally stoked to get this. I just started this hobby and the only other Batman I have is the black costumed Koto 1/6th. And I thought that one was the best I've seen so far....until this. Too bad the EX isn't around anymore....would love to have that when it's released.

Steven

To echo what has been said above you wife is awesome, but I am sorry to hear about here deployment. Wishing you lots of great thoughts. Also, welcome to the show.

Chicago, IL - Go Blackhawks!

Well then ... Honestly if you will have the funds in January for it I would put down the NRD for the Superman Ex. You may be able to save a little getting it through an AD, but wouldn't you rather have the Ex especially since it is the a same price as the Reg?

Thanks fellas. This whole site is pretty overwhelming. So much to look at.

Take your time, do you mind if I ask what your interests are interms of comics???

Last edited:

Steven

Sorry to here about your wife being gone for a year. Hope she stays safe.

Haa, nice try! I think I'll take this whole DC thing slowly. Start with Batman and see where it takes me. I've had my eye on the Dr Doom LSF for a while now.......

You know Doom will be over $2,000 right?

Steven

And so begins your statue addiction. Congrats and welcome. What a killer piece to start off with. :yess:

If you don't mind me asking, how did she learn about the PF?

I hope the Batman and Superman lsfs won't be over $2,000. They know people will still buy them at over $2,000 though.

2g+ for a collectible dang. I have trouble flexing 350.00.:horror
Oh, make no mistake - if I am ever to buy a $2k figure it will be save up/ flexed for as long as possible type of event for me for sure.

Spidey, Jaws, Mr. Nice Guy, and everyone else....thanks for the warm welcome, dudes. Never been much of a reader, so I guess my interest in terms of comics is quite low, haha! I've read through quite a few comics while growing up as a kid, but not enough to keep up with them or know/remember what exact issues they were. Besides trying to keep up with comic book reading, as with everyone else, I mainly grew up with characters like Batman through Saturday morning cartoons, toys, and movies. I love all of them though, with Batman being my absolute favorite. For some reason, even though I don't keep up with the comics, I do prefer statues for any character based off their comics more so than based off their movies. They just seem way more dynamic, and scream vintage.

My wife knew about the Sideshow website, because I would never shut up about it. She's not really into collecting the way I am, but I'd always show her stuff I was interested in. She turned out to be a great note taker. I ended up making a list on my phone of statues that I wanted. I know she probably saw it one day and took note that the Batman PF was the 1st one on the list I intended to buy. She obviously beat me to it. Thanks again for the welcome, guys. Looking forward to sharing pics, opinions, stories, and OOOOOs & Ahhhhhs with everyone here.

Steven

Spidey, Jaws, Mr. Nice Guy, and everyone else....thanks for the warm welcome, dudes. Never been much of a reader, so I guess my interest in terms of comics is quite low, haha! I've read through quite a few comics while growing up as a kid, but not enough to keep up with them or know/remember what exact issues they were. Besides trying to keep up with comic book reading, as with everyone else, I mainly grew up with characters like Batman through Saturday morning cartoons, toys, and movies. I love all of them though, with Batman being my absolute favorite. For some reason, even though I don't keep up with the comics, I do prefer statues for any character based off their comics more so than based off their movies. They just seem way more dynamic, and scream vintage.

My wife knew about the Sideshow website, because I would never shut up about it. She's not really into collecting the way I am, but I'd always show her stuff I was interested in. She turned out to be a great note taker. I ended up making a list on my phone of statues that I wanted. I know she probably saw it one day and took note that the Batman PF was the 1st one on the list I intended to buy. She obviously beat me to it. Thanks again for the welcome, guys. Looking forward to sharing pics, opinions, stories, and OOOOOs & Ahhhhhs with everyone here.

Steven

Be careful with your choice of words Steve. Some people here are sensitive :cuckoo: and won't warrant your use of the word "favorite" :lecture

other than that :welcome1:

Be careful with your choice of words Steve. Some people here are sensitive :cuckoo: and won't warrant your use of the word "favorite" :lecture

other than that :welcome1:

tumblr_m933a4umsK1ruiv8h.gif

There are some elitist that have laid down the law in the WW thread.

:lol That is why I no longer feel worthy to speak in there. I don't even read comics :huh

:slap, shouldn't have admitted it. Now your just opening yourself up to ridicule from those more educated comic nerds out there. :panic:

Back