Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I think the whole thing looks awesome, cape included RB. However I think the SDCC pics show it off better. If you look below, to me the cape gives the whole statue a sense of movement, whether he is coming up onto the Gargoyle or throwing his cape back for his Batarang, he just seems to be moving. It is a dynamic feel to a static statue, which is awesome. At least that is my opinion.

11AF716C-AE89-4466-8CFC-BF1A5E8A90ED-6479-00000E76A7BF6C59.jpg

607F198E-B86F-45DF-8922-78864DCDD9EE-6479-00000E76A3D11938.jpg

9EC819C4-2A46-404E-BD46-F8959D394B9E-6479-00000E76A0660E8E.jpg

Thanks for your input Spidey, theres no doubting the quality of detail that has gone into this statue, i mean just look at his utility belt! :horror awesome! but that cape just has me in a spin. Really not sure what to think about it, i really want to say it looks awesome but i feel that it couldnt have been positioned so that the distance between shoulder and cape was reduced... :(

Thanks for your input Spidey, theres no doubting the quality of detail that has gone into this statue, i mean just look at his utility belt! :horror awesome! but that cape just has me in a spin. Really not sure what to think about it, i really want to say it looks awesome but i feel that it couldnt have been positioned so that the distance between shoulder and cape was reduced... :(

Remember that these are flat 2D images that accentuate issues.

Remember that these are flat 2D images that accentuate issues.

Good point Spidey, seeing these statues in the flesh are a whole new ball game :goodpost:

Remember eyebrow gate :lecture

I will never forget eyebrowgate for a long time :lol but another good point. Thanks Spidey :hi5:

I'm with Roberto in that I think the cape is too far off the shoulder. I think it looks off being able to see batman's shoulder. Also because of the stance it has a very feminine "wind in my hair" look. Only from certain angles. Some angles look epic. It's why I am not overly worried.

Eyebrow gate was an over reaction but I still feel the way the brows were done took away from the rage in Hulks face and I still wish it was painted more like the proto.

I think at the one angle I don't like, Batman looks more like the photo on the left then he does on the right. I know it has to do with his foot being up on the gargoyle. But with the cape off his shoulder and the angle of his shoulders, hips, and legs, it is not batman at his most masculine. In fact he is only "hands on hips" away from being a total chick.

stance.jpg

I used these photos because both have their symbol on the chest pointed directly at us. Superman has the Masculine stance that I wish came across more in the Batman statue. Superman could put his hands on his hips and still look masculine. Unlike Batman who would look like he was thinking about changing his lifestyle.

stance.jpg

15f158cb-1600-42f6-8ae7-f212cc09a823_zpse1328fed.jpg
null_zps46cd853b.jpg

Of course I am willing to accept that this may all be because of it being a 2D photo and it could end up looking very different in person.

I think at the one angle I don't like, Batman looks more like the photo on the left then he does on the right. I know it has to do with his foot being up on the gargoyle. But with the cape off his shoulder and the angle of his shoulders, hips, and legs, it is not batman at his most masculine. In fact he is only "hands on hips" away from being a total chick.

stance.jpg

Since I'm probably going to pose him like this

Batman-Premium-Format-Figure1.jpg

I don't think there's anything to worry about

I'm with Roberto in that I think the cape is too far off the shoulder. I think it looks off being able to see batman's shoulder. Also because of the stance it has a very feminine "wind in my hair" look. Only from certain angles. Some angles look epic. It's why I am not overly worried.
QUOTE]

Agree with all your points Jaws...im hoping he looks epic inhand. :pray: i've probably got more chance of taking J-Lo out for dinner than there would be of SSC changing the cape design :dunno

Since I'm probably going to pose him like this

Batman-Premium-Format-Figure1.jpg

I don't think there's anything to worry about

The other head and a different angle with the pose should make him look good.

SideshowPremiumFormat-Batman0021_zps12d7bf57.jpg

EDIT: Josh-A-Tron beat me to it :)

My issues with the straight on shot is that the cape looks "off" coming off his shoulder at that angle.

Well I plan on posing mine like this

I just like my statues to look good from all angles. Those are the best statues IMO. When you can check them out at 360 degrees and it always looks great.

I see it as if he just flung his cape back to throw the batarang, a la a gunslinger clearing his long tan cowhide coat to prepare to draw... But since I didn't get the EX this theory doesn't work for me. :pfft:

My issues with the straight on shot is that the cape looks "off" coming off his shoulder at that angle.

Well I plan on posing mine like this

I just like my statues to look good from all angles. Those are the best statues IMO. When you can check them out at 360 degrees and it always looks great.

Jaws, i bet if you did that poll like you did for the Superman PF Ex head, for the Batman Cape and see how many people are happy/unhappy with the cape, what would be the percentage of those who thought it looked poo and wanted SSC to change it? :dunno

I think they should just fix the cape and then it can look great no matter how you pose it. I don't get the point of making a statue that has to be posed just right to make it look good.

Back