Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Thanks for the help! The Pop Culture Zone has a better price, plus they give out free comics with purchases over $50. I've never heard of them, but might have to pre-order through them.

picard_make_it_so_number_1_display.jpg

I'm actually going to wait until SDCC is over. Might be something better that I will want to get, plus with the edition size being to large, i dont think I will have an issue getting a regular version in the future.

I'm new to this Batman PF thread, so it might have already been discussed, but with the large edition size, I am thinking that I can probably get it cheaper than normal price through secondary market after it comes out. Whatcha think?

I'm actually going to wait until SDCC is over. Might be something better that I will want to get, plus with the edition size being to large, i dont think I will have an issue getting a regular version in the future.

I'm new to this Batman PF thread, so it might have already been discussed, but with the large edition size, I am thinking that I can probably get it cheaper than normal price through secondary market after it comes out. Whatcha think?

Many have discussed it, but there has never been a consensus of it. Personally, I think if you are lucky you MIGHT grab one of the few deals that will come along n terms of the REG, but it won't be a HUGE savings. Guys don't want to lose money. If you look at almost all of the Jomer Rega that have so,d they have gone fore retail or higher ONCE you figure in shipping. Now as for the Ex you may get lucky and find a once in a blue moon deal, but I doubt it.

Also, large ES or no, once in hand pics start to pop up, or maybe even as soon as the new SDCC pics show up, this is going to start flying off of SSC shelves. Remember they sold 2000 of he Ex in 5 days last year...:lecture

P.S. if CBG comes in here and starts saying " oh you will find some GREAT DEALS" ccc well every prediction I have read from him has been wrong

Lest we forget the edition size is bigger because there's more fans...
Even with the larger size, with new fans like myself, this piece may still be just as hard to get in the future as spiderman pf, ms marvel, etc

Many have discussed it, but there has never been a consensus of it. Personally, I think if you are lucky you MIGHT grab one of the few deals that will come along n terms of the REG, but it won't be a HUGE savings. Guys don't want to lose money. If you look at almost all of the Jomer Rega that have so,d they have gone fore retail or higher ONCE you figure in shipping. Now as for the Ex you may get lucky and find a once in a blue moon deal, but I doubt it.

Also, large ES or no, once in hand pics start to pop up, or maybe even as soon as the new SDCC pics show up, this is going to start flying off of SSC shelves. Remember they sold 2000 of he Ex in 5 days last year...:lecture

P.S. if CBG comes in here and starts saying " oh you will find some GREAT DEALS" ccc well every prediction I have read from him has been wrong

Thanks for the input. I will probably buy it before it comes out (I'm inpatient). You are probably right about it not being much cheaper than regular price. So its supposed to be coming in October? Dang thats a long wait.

Lest we forget the edition size is bigger because there's more fans...
Even with the larger size, with new fans like myself, this piece may still be just as hard to get in the future as spiderman pf, ms marvel, etc

:exactly::goodpost: the price will be dictated by how easy it is to get ahold of, and if this bad boy lands in people's collections and NEVER leaves for the most part it will demand a high price.

Thanks for the input. I will probably buy it before it comes out (I'm inpatient). You are probably right about it not being much cheaper than regular price. So its supposed to be coming in October? Dang thats a long wait.

Lol... This went up for preorder LAST JULY... Some guys have been waiting a year already ... The next three months are going to KILL!!!:rotfl

Hoooo boy! If you're impatient this is going to be a very tough hobby for you :lol

I agree,I have been patiently waiting since last Comic con and now.the Con is upon us once more..Patience is the name of the game NN..

Hoooo boy! If you're impatient this is going to be a very tough hobby for you :lol

In CBG defence I have actually seen a few of his price drop predictions turn out bang on. The most recent one was the Colossus PF. He predicted being able to get an EX for $475 in time and pepple blasted him. Sure enough a couple months back there were two on the for sale threads for that price and there have been others. Everything sells really high when something first gets released because people want to jump on the bang wagon. You won't find one cheap at first but give it a year and with this high an edition size you'll be fine. I am sure the reg will be in stock at SS for quiet sometime.

In CBG defence I have actually seen a few of his price drop predictions turn out bang on. The most recent one was the Colossus PF. He predicted being able to get an EX for $475 in time and pepple blasted him. Sure enough a couple months back there were two on the for sale threads for that price and there have been others. Everything sells really high when something first gets released because people want to jump on the bang wagon. You won't find one cheap at first but give it a year and with this high an edition size you'll be fine. I am sure the reg will be in stock at SS for quiet sometime.

I did concede that there are those few deals, but those are impatient flippers. I wonder how many guys have been sitting on Spiderman Coms, and Hulk PFs for YEARS just waiting for a good time to sell them.

I've been collecting for a while, but yes, it is tough to wait. I want my statues and I want them now!

I concede NN this PF has without a doubt pushed my patience to its limits :lol Compared to the 4 comi's I have which arrived as described collecting these PF's is a whole new ball game. It's damn HardCORE!!! As of now it's safe to say we all wanted this months ago :gah: :)

I concede NN this PF has without a doubt pushed my patience to its limits :lol Compared to the 4 comi's I have which arrived as described collecting these PF's is a whole new ball game. It's damn HardCORE!!! As of now it's safe to say we all wanted this months ago :gah: :)

Yeah this has to be the worse wait I've had for any collectable. I remember the HT Lightcycle taking forever but I ended up cancelling that

This is what happens when you make 9,500 premium formats. It can take forever to make them.

AWWW that lightcycle is sexy RB. That's a shame. No chance I'm canceling Bats though. So far the Ex has already been very sought after IMO (even with large edition size we've had a number of people chasing him through this forum, which means there have to be plenty of others outside of it)

For all the awesome people on this thread I hope SS make it worth the wait :lecture

Man, I don't have the patience to wait to PO a piece. If it's a piece I like, I usually PO it within a few minutes of it going up. I came into this hobby after most of the "grail" pieces (Dr. Doom, Hulk etc.), but still have been in it long enough to remember pieces selling out within a few minutes (I remember the freaking Daredevil comiquette selling out within one day)...I guess I have never lost that mindset.

I figure if I have to think about it, hum and haw over whether I want it, that usually means I won't buy it. If it's a piece that I want, I usually know right away, and I won't waste time hunting around on the internet to try and save $20 somewhere.

Last edited:

I did concede that there are those few deals, but those are impatient flippers. I wonder how many guys have been sitting on Spiderman Coms, and Hulk PFs for YEARS just waiting for a good time to sell them.

Doesn't matter if it's impatient flippers or people who land on rough times and have to sell the point is that I have seen alot pieces have stupid high prices at release and then normal ones a few months out. With the edition size on Batman that will be what happens for sure.

Doesn't matter if it's impatient flippers or people who land on rough times and have to sell the point is that I have seen alot pieces have stupid high prices at release and then normal ones a few months out. With the edition size on Batman that will be what happens for sure.

:lecture Very true

My concern is that these really high ES are not tested. We have no prior examples we can really go off of to know they even have potential to increase in value. As a long time collector my only examples are Bowen and DC Direct...and most of those were priced lower than what SS is doing.

Back