Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

out of curiosity, and maybe I'm in the wrong thread, which batman pf do you guys prefer, this one or the keaton..and actually not which do you prefer but which pose/statue…by this i mean not like "oh I'm not a fan of the movies or i like the comics better so id say xyz"..not including judgments on the characters (movie v comic) but the actual statues, poses and bases for a batman statue-

I like the base on the Keaton one, but overall, I like this comic one best. If I had to point to one thing why, it'd be the cape. The cape on this is just really well done.

out of curiosity, and maybe I'm in the wrong thread, which batman pf do you guys prefer, this one or the keaton..and actually not which do you prefer but which pose/statue…by this i mean not like "oh I'm not a fan of the movies or i like the comics better so id say xyz"..not including judgments on the characters (movie v comic) but the actual statues, poses and bases for a batman statue-

Sculpt wise I prefer the comic version. Bear in mind though that we have yet to see in hand photos of the Keaton version. That could mean all the difference in the world.

I would find it hard to pick between the two, which is why I went with both. I can tell you by having the comic version in hand it is a very impressive, huge and dynamic piece. It demands attention and it gets it. I think the pose is a bit better on the comic version, and gives you more display options with 2 heads, and a swap out Batarang if you get the EX. The sculpted cape is EPIC. You can also display the comic version from many different angles. They both have excellent bases, but I prefer Keaton's a bit more. I know you don't want an opinion on weather the person likes the comics or movies better but that really should be what your choice comes down to. The comic version is an excellent representation of everything Batman, while the Keaton is very specific to that version of Batman. If you find yourself an all-around Batman fan you should pick the comic version, but if you love the Burton films and they are your favorite version of Batman you should definitely pick Keaton. As Keaton's Batman is in my opinion the best Batman if I could only have one, it would be the Keaton.

If you go with the Comic Batman PF you have to do some modifying to get his suit right, otherwise you end up with saggy armpits and the symbol on his chest sitting to low.... So you have to pull up the fabric and then do some regluing... Some will say it's not necessary but IMO it looks pretty bad without fixing it, once you fix the issue it looks 100x's better. Also the viewing angles are limited, if you view him straight on it looks like he has to pee really bad, if you view him from the far left he looks like he has a giraffe neck. The optimal view is from the right side. So with a fixed outfit and the gargoyle facing about 7-8 o'clock he is pretty killer looking

Not sure about Keaton PF until we actually get it, I do like the pictures but with SS you never know what your going to get until it's made and shipped out.

If you go with the Comic Batman PF you have to do some modifying to get his suit right, otherwise you end up with saggy armpits and the symbol on his chest sitting to low.... So you have to pull up the fabric and then do some regluing... Some will say it's not necessary but IMO it looks pretty bad without fixing it, once you fix the issue it looks 100x's better. Also the viewing angles are limited, if you view him straight on it looks like he has to pee really bad, if you view him from the far left he looks like he has a giraffe neck. The optimal view is from the right side. So with a fixed outfit and the gargoyle facing about 7-8 o'clock he is pretty killer looking

Not sure about Keaton PF until we actually get it, I do like the pictures but with SS you never know what your going to get until it's made and shipped out.

Pits really come down to the eye of the beholder.

Pits really come down to the eye of the beholder.

I disagree, unless it's a fashion trend to have your pits down by your mid section.. People who claimed it wasn't an issue at first but ended up doing the fix have all said it makes a huge difference in appearance.

Last edited:

personally I already own the comics bats, i paid to have it customed, fully repainted, the whole 9, it should be here Friday I believe..I ask out of curiosity, as I stated. Keaton has some issues to me that need fixing, which is why I'm hesitant on that one..

Thank you for the advice. Yeah that would've been my biggest problem probably. I am also a rookie

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Dude if you like art you are going to love this.... Oh but be sure t understand that everything will not working according plan at first...lol.

Damn that blue costume looks good :)

Also I wanted to share I managed to find a Batman sculpting kit more in line with my skills

View attachment 107915

Cannot WAIT! to get started on it. Be PREPARED for some competition Spidey! :hi5:

Damn you cheating bugger... And all I got done was this

d6ce76a4e28790a6b9ec539bedc2c074_zpsdb2e3fc6.jpg

abc1902696deb1ac1b4bfe6b7c434e2f_zpsd1c5dd0c.jpg

22328fd6cb32f78cb8b9ea19fca23015_zps43f84e86.jpg

Last edited:

Hands down the Comic PF for me. However if we had the comic PF on a base like Keaton's that wouldve been idle

I disagree, unless it's a fashion trend to have your pits down by your mid section.. People who claimed it wasn't an issue at first but ended up doing the fix have all said it makes a huge difference in appearance.

That's cool. I've seen some who did the fix that jacked the symbol up. If it's possible to keep the symbol straight then great. Otherwise I'll keep my symbol straight.

That is your opinion, and others couldn't give a ****. Some thing bother certain people, and not others.

Man I'm tired just looking at your pics. I guess that's why I pay SS for statues :lol I just don't have it in me, props to you!

Now! back to reading my Iron Man armour omnibus

is there anyone who HAS gotten the pits fixed who said they didn't mind how they looked? Ik thats sorta contradictory but it seems like the people who have this piece who don't wanna fix it or don't know how or don't know some1 to do it all think it looks great, while theres the other group that fix it, if that makes sense as to what I'm trying to say….

is there anyone who HAS gotten the pits fixed who said they didn't mind how they looked? Ik thats sorta contradictory but it seems like the people who have this piece who don't wanna fix it or don't know how or don't know some1 to do it all think it looks great, while theres the other group that fix it, if that makes sense as to what I'm trying to say….

I think as long as you can do the fix without a hitch. Meaning no cockeyed symbol, stretched symbol then great. The pit issue mainly plagues the left side where the cape covers much of his shoulder. Pictures make things look much worse than they are In My Opinion.

When I got him, I didn't mind the pits. I certainly wouldn't do the pit surgery myself, the risk of my inexperience ruining a $400 EX would be too great. They looked fine. That being said, I live within an hour and half of Rafael, who did the original pit surgery on YouTube. I contacted him, and he did it for me. My Batman now looks like the prototype. It looked good before, but now looks like when they advertised him. More form fitting.

Dude if you like art you are going to love this.... Oh but be sure t understand that everything will not working according plan at first...lol.

d6ce76a4e28790a6b9ec539bedc2c074_zpsdb2e3fc6.jpg

abc1902696deb1ac1b4bfe6b7c434e2f_zpsd1c5dd0c.jpg

22328fd6cb32f78cb8b9ea19fca23015_zps43f84e86.jpg

Love art

When I got him, I didn't mind the pits. I certainly wouldn't do the pit surgery myself, the risk of my inexperience ruining a $400 EX would be too great. They looked fine. That being said, I live within an hour and half of Rafael, who did the original pit surgery on YouTube. I contacted him, and he did it for me. My Batman now looks like the prototype. It looked good before, but now looks like when they advertised him. More form fitting.

Yea, Raf is the one who customized mine, i just feel like no one looked at the prototype at sdcc and thought, "hey his costume should sag a little bit under the armpits, wth." So when it came in the way it did (and again I never saw it in person with the sag) I def would've been upset.

That is your opinion, and others couldn't give a ****. Some thing bother certain people, and not others.

It's not an opinion it is a FACT that his armpits are down by his mid section you can see it with your own eyes, if you don't give a **** that's fine, but he asked for an honest opinion about the statue and I gave him one. What is getting old is you defending EVERY statue SS makes... You want to be a SS cheerleader that's fine but maybe you should put that under your name so people know your bias in your opinions.

Last edited:
Back