Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Amazing result for first try buddy...

Here is an update on my alternate head for my Batman PF.

This is my first pull from my first mold ever and.... not good. I may have not mixed the resin enough but the the ears and the back of the head are kind of gooey and not drying. If I cant get the goo out of the mold I may have to mold him again, but it is fun to learn and the parts that came out good look really good so I'm happy about that.

That's pretty good man, especially for a first try. What's with the copperish colored one? Did you try Metal Powder casting? I was thinking of doing that with the base I'm making for the Batman heads. I've seen it turn out great.

This is my first pull from my first mold ever and.... not good. I may have not mixed the resin enough but the the ears and the back of the head are kind of gooey and not drying. If I cant get the goo out of the mold I may have to mold him again, but it is fun to learn and the parts that came out good look really good so I'm happy about that.

Aside from the parts you mentioned that didn't work, this looks great!! Incredible work for a first try! Keep at it. This sculpt is phenomenal, and I can't wait to see one complete and painted up.

I like the solid black repaint, and I think it would be a fairly straight forward concersion. The only trick areas would be around the mouth and the hands and boots. The costume on the other hand would be a ***** and very easy to screw up.

Damn m8 that looks SICK... I need you to teach me soon. So so much learning to do.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Amazing result for first try buddy...
Thanks!
That's pretty good man, especially for a first try. What's with the copperish colored one? Did you try Metal Powder casting? I was thinking of doing that with the base I'm making for the Batman heads. I've seen it turn out great.
That is just the original sculpt (super sculpey) I just baked it several times and that's the color it turned.
Aside from the parts you mentioned that didn't work, this looks great!! Incredible work for a first try! Keep at it. This sculpt is phenomenal, and I can't wait to see one complete and painted up.
Thanks Trip!
Damn m8 that looks SICK... I need you to teach me soon. So so much learning to do.
Thanks bro! I'm learning too!
That looks really cool, Tamato!
Thanks man, I appreciate that... and thanks to you after this head I may try the pit surgery

Your defiantly on the right Tract Tamato, keep at it, you'll perfect it in no time.... Plus we need more people to make us customized stuff for our statues :lol

Wow man that looks sick Tamato. Good job bro. Spidey also starting to look good bro.

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

I know it'll be unlikely, but I've been on the WL since March to get the EX. Should I just give up and just get the Reg at this point?

I know it'll be unlikely, but I've been on the WL since March to get the EX. Should I just give up and just get the Reg at this point?

Give up. I got on the 2nd day this went to WL Jan 22 and it has still not converted yet, so you have no chance.

Well, I figured I asked. Really wish I could get the EX, but reg will have to do.

Well, I figured I asked. Really wish I could get the EX, but reg will have to do.

You will still get both heads. The regular is still badass. Also see if you can get one if spazzys awesome extra pieces. He's making a hand with a grappling gun, Batarang, and a couple other options. They are really cool!

Thanks man. It was Tamato's sculpt that inspired me to get started really. Honestly, it is SO MUCH FUN!!!

Inspiration is creation Lol sounded a little corny. But good work nonetheless. I bet it is, looks like loads

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

You will still get both heads. The regular is still badass. Also see if you can get one if spazzys awesome extra pieces. He's making a hand with a grappling gun, Batarang, and a couple other options. They are really cool!

Painted prototypes up soon being primed right now and will work on the color matching tonight.

You will still get both heads. The regular is still badass.

I agree. Now that my Supes EX converted, while having WW EX on order, I want to get Bats PF as well.
Will pick up Bats reg down the line. Glad I was never crazy about the batarang, unlike the heat vision on supes.

I agree. Now that my Supes EX converted, while having WW EX on order, I want to get Bats PF as well.
Will pick up Bats reg down the line. Glad I was never crazy about the batarang, unlike the heat vision on supes.

Same here. I actually just ordered the reg Bats and have WW on preorder. I too will get Supes but that'll be down the road. I actually like the reg Supes more then the heat vision. So it'll be one EX I don't mind getting.

Back