Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Whelp, my replacement body came, but Sideshow sent it to the wrong address =( Because I was visiting family when it shipped, I changed the address from my home to another so someone could sign for it. And with this replacement, instead of sending it back to my home address where every other pre-order of mine is still set to ship to, they again sent it back to my families house which is a whole 300+ miles away... And what makes it worse, to get it forwarded to me from where it is now would cost me $20... Ugghh, I'm gonna have to wait a whole month until I can get to my grandfolkes house where it is just so I can pick it up. They're certainly too old to comprehend box swapping and shipping things out these days, so I'm stuck having to wait just because my family will screw something up and not get it to me properly =/

Wow, they definitely changed the paint application on the face. Big bummer for the first batch people.

Every time I see this when I pass through my local store, I really really want it. I just have too many orders right now, but I feel like I will end up picking it up one day once I can spare the money. By now, the EX version is probably out of reach. Question for those who have this displayed in a BESTA, since it stands taller than 1 unit, is it recommended to use VASSBO doors w/ the thick border to hide the shelves that would show if TOMBO doors are used?

Every time I see this when I pass through my local store, I really really want it. I just have too many orders right now, but I feel like I will end up picking it up one day once I can spare the money. By now, the EX version is probably out of reach. Question for those who have this displayed in a BESTA, since it stands taller than 1 unit, is it recommended to use VASSBO doors w/ the thick border to hide the shelves that would show if TOMBO doors are used?

I don't have a Bezt, but I would wonder how much the VASSBO doors would obscure the figure. As for waiting, I would just keep an eye on the product page to make sure it isn't about to sel out. Now I know tha some will say it may be around for years, but I wo Lunt be so sure because....

saw this in person today and damn is it one heck of an impressive piece! :rock

:exactly::goodpost:... And the more guys see it the mote it will start to move off of the shelves. You going to pick it up Gipetto???

For me yes. Personally I'm not a fan of Tombo's anyway. Never liked the metal frames. I just think the Vassbo's look more like furniture. Here's a quick phone pic of how it looks. Bit cramped as is but now that I have Harley I'll be displaying Joker with her instead.

^^^ nice collection but the pic gives off some weird 2-D vs 3-D. the wall and white background makes it looks like 2-D but the frame and ironman, bat, joker make it looks 3-D; reflection too. seem to give off photoshop look, no?

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

I don't know anything about photoshop but I did actually buy a gallon of paint to repaint the wall behind my display just yesterday. The tan walls and the off white I used to paint the backs of my Bestas are to similar. I went with a darker copperish color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The taller PF's will show off the Vassbo advantage -- the thicker frame borders obscure the unsightly shelf edge.

But you still have the issue of less visible real estate, especially on the bottom 1/3rd of the unit.

If I had to build my shelves again, I would probably go with a PAX though.

:exactly::goodpost:... And the more guys see it the mote it will start to move off of the shelves. You going to pick it up Gipetto???

oh no. It's great and I love the custom heads being made for it but I just admired it from afar :lol it was on display at a booth at Dallas Comic Con this weekend and it was the first time I had seen how massive this thing is! it did get me a ton more excited about my EX Superman PF whenever that decided to arrive :lol It also made me realize I need to do some major re-organizing so I can display it properly until Coco has the time to make my wall shelf haha

oh no. It's great and I love the custom heads being made for it but I just admired it from afar :lol it was on display at a booth at Dallas Comic Con this weekend and it was the first time I had seen how massive this thing is! it did get me a ton more excited about my EX Superman PF whenever that decided to arrive :lol It also made me realize I need to do some major re-organizing so I can display it properly until Coco has the time to make my wall shelf haha

Stop admiring him from afar and jump the Batman will catch you....lol. Those custom heads painted by DarkSpideyare amazing... That and the work that tamato is doing inspired me to get started myself. That and I have Josh keeping me company....lol

An update...He has ears!!!

9577a7701dec15fdf837af81a7f0ad3e_zps36e1b98e.jpg

4a3e8f6724b90a58f2b73962fea346dd_zpsbef0cf10.jpg

Figure I may try smoothing him with some rubbing alcohol tomorrow, and then try a bake or a boil.

Stop admiring him from afar and jump the Batman will catch you....lol. Those custom heads painted by DarkSpideyare amazing... That and the work that tamato is doing inspired me to get started myself. That and I have Josh keeping me company....lol

An update...He has ears!!!

9577a7701dec15fdf837af81a7f0ad3e_zps36e1b98e.jpg

4a3e8f6724b90a58f2b73962fea346dd_zpsbef0cf10.jpg

Figure I may try smoothing him with some rubbing alcohol tomorrow, and then try a bake or a boil.

Definitely a work in progress type of thing. Its so different from any other medium I've attempted previously.

4ene5u6e.jpg

Nice jobs Spidey and Josh! I gotta get mine painted up but I'm pretty happy with the outcome for my first attempt at molding and casting (and really my first attempt at sculpting a realistic face, or half a face at least Lol!).

Got a few bubbles and bumps here and there but all around pretty clean...

Niceee... So many talented sculptor here

Definitely a work in progress type of thing. Its so different from any other medium I've attempted previously.

4ene5u6e.jpg

I know, just trying to get the eyes right ......:gah:

Nice jobs Spidey and Josh! I gotta get mine painted up but I'm pretty happy with the outcome for my first attempt at molding and casting (and really my first attempt at sculpting a realistic face, or half a face at least Lol!).

Got a few bubbles and bumps here and there but all around pretty clean...

EVERYTIME I see yours well... :thud:. Damn I have a lot more work to do....lol

Niceee... So many talented sculptor here

Josh and I are the noobs ...lol

Back