Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Now. Batman looks more badass w that scar

N we are suckers to super muscular dudes LOL

Here's the prototype of a Kelley Jones custom portrait I've painted for a client. Sculpted by Thiago Provin

Wow! :clap

He has turned out Great Kevin! A good competition to Lee's version. :) Have you painted the cowl a bit lighter / more bluish shade this time or is it just the light?

And, now I'd love to see Finch's painted as well! Earlier, I thought its was bit extreme, but guess it'll look fantastic!

Also, can we have a pic like this for KJ, if possible:

BATS_PF_JL_zps2ee5efc6.jpg

Here's the prototype of a Kelley Jones custom portrait I've painted for a client. Sculpted by Thiago Provin

I like this more than the Lee portrait. Gotta say though...I don't think this portrait looks much like Jones' work. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks fantastic. However, Jones' Bat face looks different and the ears on his Bats are huge. To be honest, I'm not much of a Jones fan but I really like this portrait. Before I forget, great paint up by the way.

I think all 3 look good in their own way, cannot really say which one is better. I like Jones' till now as I find it has more intricate details than Lee's and looks more badass. But now, I'd like to see Finch painted too! And then I'll be able to decide. Wish I had the money to get at least two. I wouldn't mind selling my Andy B.'s version if it helps me get them. :D

B_zps1a93fc31.jpg
26052014-P1020175_zps0783cd10.jpg
601F38B8-F0DB-448C-A9D8-B64C4C0393D9_zpscc6b197b.jpg

I think all 3 look good in their own way, cannot really say which one is better. I like Jones' till now as I find it has more intricate details than Lee's and looks more badass. But now, I'd like to see Finch painted too! And then I'll be able to decide. Wish I had the money to get at least two. I wouldn't mind selling my Andy B.'s version if it helps me get them. :D

B_zps1a93fc31.jpg
26052014-P1020175_zps0783cd10.jpg
601F38B8-F0DB-448C-A9D8-B64C4C0393D9_zpscc6b197b.jpg

Yeah It's tough. I like the facial expression on the Finch but the Ears of the Jones....

It's true that it's not 100% Kelley Jones. My bet is my client asked Thiago for a Jones inspired headsculpt and gave him the greenlight to reinterpret the art his own way.

IMO it's somewhere between Alex Ross and Kelley Jones. I absolutely love it.

I think it's cool that Jim Lee and Jones are 2 very different sculpts. Thiago wasn't lazy with these.

Jim Lee has a more of a comic book feel to it while Jones looks grittier, maybe more realistic. 2 very cool additions to the PF.

And wait till you see Finch!

It's true that it's not 100% Kelley Jones. My bet is my client asked Thiago for a Jones inspired headsculpt and gave him the greenlight to reinterpret the art his own way.

IMO it's somewhere between Alex Ross and Kelley Jones. I absolutely love it.

I think it's cool that Jim Lee and Jones are 2 very different sculpts. Thiago wasn't lazy with these.

Jim Lee has a more of a comic book feel to it while Jones looks grittier, maybe more realistic. 2 very cool additions to the PF.

And wait till you see Finch!

:goodpost: totally agree with all your points Kev...great paint up on the Jones head my friend. Now you've made me even more excited about receiving mine....and your painting all 3 for me! :lol :panic: :panic:

Kind of like my German shepherd ears hahaha... Looks good mate

I like the Kelley Jones best and I don't really like Kelley Jones.... :)

Back