Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I REALLY dig this new head sculpt. It looks better than the 2 heads that come with the PF.

But if this really is for a Blue Variant, it's gotta be a good deal different for me to buy it again. The head and paint scheme is one thing, but I'd also need a difference In:
- the cape
- the base
- and something's else, too, similar to the way they changed the arms and weapons from Deadpool to X-Force Deadpool and PI's plants

If all of those things were changed I'd possibly get the variant, but I would've preferred they saved this classic head style for an all new Batman PF done with the blue, Yellow oval symbol and metal belt with the capsules. I guess there's still room down the line for that version, as already discussed Batman has had different iterations of black and blue costumes with various bat symbol and belt match ups (black or blue with black bat and pouch belt, black or blue with yellow oval and metal belt, all black with yellow oval and metal belt, etc).

I REALLY dig this new head sculpt. It looks better than the 2 heads that come with the PF.

But if this really is for a Blue Variant, it's gotta be a good deal different for me to buy it again. The head and paint scheme is one thing, but I'd also need a difference In:
- the cape
- the base
- and something's else, too, similar to the way they changed the arms and weapons from Deadpool to X-Force Deadpool and PI's plants

If all of those things were changed I'd possibly get the variant, but I would've preferred they saved this classic head style for an all new Batman PF done with the blue, Yellow oval symbol and metal belt with the capsules. I guess there's still room down the line for that version, as already discussed Batman has had different iterations of black and blue costumes with various bat symbol and belt match ups (black or blue with black bat and pouch belt, black or blue with yellow oval and metal belt, all black with yellow oval and metal belt, etc).

I would be perfectly content with new heads and a different paint scheme. I have contemplated getting a second of the current PF just to be able to display both heads, but at $400 it's out of the question. If they changed up the color/costume I would jump right in. If they change everything that would be a huge bonus.

I would be perfectly content with new heads and a different paint scheme. I have contemplated getting a second of the current PF just to be able to display both heads, but at $400 it's out of the question. If they changed up the color/costume I would jump right in. If they change everything that would be a huge bonus.

I wonder with a new head would it still come with 2 heads or just the new head? If they use the same styrofoam my guess is the new head would take the place of the current sideways head once packed in. So the forward head could still possibly be packed in. I wouldn't mind that one in blue.

I think what's more important is value for the price. At $400 I got 2 heads and a batarang hand. Yeah the batarang is extra so it shouldn't really count but if I were to pay $400 again I'd want 2 heads again or 1 head and a different accessory. Someone suggested a grappling gun, I'd be down for that with this look. I just wouldn't want less in the box.

And it looks like the base could possibly be being reworked. The bat-gargoyle is in the background unpainted and without the rest of the base, so it's possible.

But I agree about having 2, when I have the space for my ultimate display this could give me the opportunity to put one with the Bat villains and one with the JLA.

If I were collecting multiple batman statues I would want nothing that looks remotely like what I have now. Even if there were slight differences. I suspect the body sculpt and base will remain the same and that too much like what I have.

If I were collecting multiple batman statues I would want nothing that looks remotely like what I have now. Even if there were slight differences. I suspect the body sculpt and base will remain the same and that too much like what I have.

Exactly! Don't want to pay another $4bills for the same statue in a different colour

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

i would definitely prefer a different pose for my bronze age batman PF.

but seeing what they just did with ivy and the legendary bats bust,

i could see the same sculpt, diff. head and costume working for sideshow.

The forum would explode if that happens :lol

seriously..im pissed already thinking about it..this is BATMAN..hes got an enormous past, with so many variations and poses that they don't even need to be creative they can just copy…if they truly just do a simple switch out like deadpool as someone suggested, its a disservice to bats, to the DC license, and it shouldn't be approved by DC imo..dont play us out with that effortless crap.

seriously..im pissed already thinking about it..this is BATMAN..hes got an enormous past, with so many variations and poses that they don't even need to be creative they can just copy…if they truly just do a simple switch out like deadpool as someone suggested, its a disservice to bats, to the DC license, and it shouldn't be approved by DC imo..dont play us out with that effortless crap.

It will still sell if they use the same sculpt.

My repainted Batman portraits by Rafael! Can't wait to get them, mine were SUPER dark. Like these much better.

Attachments

• 10421152_890282140988673_793026693786713648_n.jpg
    10421152_890282140988673_793026693786713648_n.jpg
    89.7 KB

Forgot to mention that SSC was super great about replacing my scratched side view head. I think I'll actually try and do a bloody custom with the damaged one. Just to have as an alternate display. Wish me luck!

Forgot to mention that SSC was super great about replacing my scratched side view head. I think I'll actually try and do a bloody custom with the damaged one. Just to have as an alternate display. Wish me luck!

They usually make you destroy the piece they replace.

That's exactly why I think a blue variant of this Batman is not a bad idea. He's worn this exact same costume (pouch belt and black bat symbol) with black and with blue depending on what comic he was in, so they can get away with it. It's the blue Jim Lee color vs everybody else's coloring during the same time period for the same exact costume.

But it's still my hope that a classic blue Batman with yellow chest symbol and metal belt will get an all new sculpt. The real classic Batman deserves something new.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Yes please. New sculpt please SS. I will buy it and I'm sure everyone else will. Old sculpt means less sales overall

The forum would explode if that happens :lol

No ****!!! Can you imagine just how much whining there will be

The White Storm Varient went up during last years SDCC and it was sold out with an extremely low ES in less than an hour, and 2-5 hrs before the email explaining she was coming... lol.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Lol I could go with a Blue Variant of the one I have as long as its a super limited release. Like less than 200

Back