SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Teaser/Preview

I like the latter part after the bolded statement. I wonder if SS is upping the bar on paint apps for portraits. This could prove particularly interesting but ultimately disappointing for SS and Duke.

I think you're right, thanks to our fellow member Josh (small_studios) who's painted the prototypes the stock paint apps will hopefully improve, fingers crossed it's an end to the dreaded doll-dot as well. :pray:
I suppose it's about time really, the likes of DiD, Soldier Story etc are fast approaching the current Hot Toys standard, Sideshow's playing catch up.

I think you're right, thanks to our fellow member Josh (small_studios) who's painted the prototypes the stock paint apps will hopefully improve, fingers crossed it's an end to the dreaded doll-dot as well. :pray:
I suppose it's about time really, the likes of DiD, Soldier Story etc are fast approaching the current Hot Toys standard, Sideshow's playing catch up.

Unfortunately this might very well mean I'll need to get Duke and Storm Shadow repainted to match. As much as I welcome improvements, I think consistency is just as important. Especially within a line.

Last edited:

Looking forward to this guy but jus the Reg. for me. Don't need the lollypop guild head. :lol

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4614.jpg

Sweet. Great pics, Josh. Can't wait for both Beach Head and Firefly.

Thanks! BH and Firefly both looked even better in person. This line has crazy detail all over the place.

I was really looking forward to this figure. In the pics it looked amazing, crazy detail and lots of goodies. But I must say after seeing him at the con, he felt very underwhelming and even though all of the greatness was there, I felt something was lost. For now I have decided not to pass on him (I still have an exclusive order on SS) but I think I can pass on him for now.

But FIrefly....he was nothing but awesomness, I cannot wait for him!

can you actually put that beret on him or is it just supposed to stay on his shoulder? I love his crossbow.

put myself on the waitlist couple of days ago, any changes it will convert?

There is always a chance...even if it is slim. I got on Duke's waitlist waaayy late in the game like you did with BH and I got a conversion. I believe you will be good-to-go.

I cancelled mine on AE, but still have a waitlist for the Exclusive, im like 80% sure I am going to pass. I was very underwhelmed by this figure at SDCC.

Hard to say because this figure was amazing in pics, but something was lost in translation.

I got onto the waitlists for SE, SS, and the Cobra Trooper months after they were sold out and they all converted, so I think you have a good chance.

There is always a chance...even if it is slim. I got on Duke's waitlist waaayy late in the game like you did with BH and I got a conversion. I believe you will be good-to-go.

I cancelled mine on AE, but still have a waitlist for the Exclusive, im like 80% sure I am going to pass. I was very underwhelmed by this figure at SDCC.

Hard to say because this figure was amazing in pics, but something was lost in translation.

I got onto the waitlists for SE, SS, and the Cobra Trooper months after they were sold out and they all converted, so I think you have a good chance.

thanks guys for giving me hope , didn't care much about the other exclusives but this one with the extra head seems worth the extra price

IMG_6100.jpg

I love this headsculpt.​

Seeing how much detail this head is. That head is really awesome. Im guessing the cost for making these figures probaly cost more than what Sideshow expected. This is why its taking them so long to bring out another figure. Sideshow, if you want to make figures on the line of Hot Toys and Enterbay go head and raise the price. I'll pay 200 bucks for a figure. especially for a awesome 12 inch GI Joe figure.

Back