InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on then, how many of you have buckled and pre-ordered? I'm still on the fence. I really want it (and give future me the problem of paying it off) but the price is utterly outrageous no matter what way I look at it.

I also think the base is putting me off too. I know it's supposed to be Minas Morgul but I'd much prefer it to be a grassy or gnarled root undergrowth as that is what I see when I think of the Nazgûl on horseback. Seeing the Nine leave Minas Morgul is an awesome scene of course but their true terror is the fear of encountering them on a lonely pastoral road.

Come on then, how many of you have buckled and pre-ordered? I'm still on the fence. I really want it (and give future me the problem of paying it off) but the price is utterly outrageous no matter what way I look at it.

I also think the base is putting me off too. I know it's supposed to be Minas Morgul but I'd much prefer it to be a grassy or gnarled root undergrowth as that is what I see when I think of the Nazgûl on horseback. Seeing the Nine leave Minas Morgul is an awesome scene of course but their true terror is the fear of encountering them on a lonely pastoral road.
Yeah, I agree with this. The base just looks out of place to me, mostly because why would he be on the top of the battlements...? It doesn't really work as a base since it's a miniature.

I dont care for the base, you can easily Cover it under stones and sand

I ordered dx

Edit: i have a horse Falling over last month so iam glad this one is glued to a base...

It all comes down to how much we want these.

I was opted for the deluxe but from my understanding the horse would be 40cm high without the nazgul on it. My shelves has 35cm and my top shelf 40cm. So only thing i could do is place the horse on the top shelf with the nazgul in front. With Nazgul its simply to high sadly. Edited a picture on how that looks. Or just get the regular nazgul and safe some $$$ but then again might regret not getting this beautiful horse

Picsart_24-10-05_11-05-43-995.png

Not sure if the scale is 100% correct, but you get the picture.

Main problem with this (aside from the price being so high for a headless figure with only a few accessories), is that the preorder window happens at the same time with Legolas.

People will review the pricing and put their budget on Legolas instead, one of the main characters, with a great likeness of the actor.
Maybe people will just compromise using the asmus Nazgul instead and placing it at the background..

If that’s the case, will this be a rare figure in the future.. that I regret not having?

One click away from preordering the dx here. Please stop me.

I didn't buckle.
Pre ordered 5mins after it went live.

Both the Horse and the Rider.
Legolas too!!

Main problem with this (aside from the price being so high for a headless figure with only a few accessories), is that the preorder window happens at the same time with Legolas.

People will review the pricing and put their budget on Legolas instead, one of the main characters, with a great likeness of the actor.
Maybe people will just compromise using the asmus Nazgul instead and placing it at the background..

If that’s the case, will this be a rare figure in the future.. that I regret not having?

One click away from preordering the dx here. Please stop me.
Asmus steed was crazy rare in the end and went for 500+ on eBay (with nazgul) too.

So it us not like asmus is an option for steed or super inexpensive

Asmus steed was crazy rare in the end and went for 500+ on eBay (with nazgul) too.

So it us not like asmus is an option for steed or super inexpensive
That is sadly true.

I’m fortunate that I have the asmus steed, and it’s one of their best products.
That, at least, is holding me back from preordering this dx Nazgul.
And the standard is too expensive for just the figure.

Although I have to say the look of this Nazgul is so much better than the asmus one.
Very very tempting.

The problem I had with the Asmus steed, and why I ultimately unloaded the 5 I had, was that the leg stance was too narrow and tapered inward. It was tough to get it in any decent poses.
I will probably order one of these. If the horse were semi-posesble so that you could have a variety of looks I might order multiples, but having several in the same stance would look odd.

Oh yeah, that is true.
I can't display that steed without a base with a gripping claw.
Also one of the ankle tend to just fell off.
But that's asmus. I'm used to it.

I like that it's articulated, and flocked so it helps to hide the articulations.

InArt steed, the sculpt is amazing. Love to have it, but just the wrong timing. There's Legolas, the BW Ghostbusters reissue, and Samurai Predator.
Things I've missed back then, ghost of the past.. now back to haunt me.

It all comes down to how much we want these.

I was opted for the deluxe but from my understanding the horse would be 40cm high without the nazgul on it. My shelves has 35cm and my top shelf 40cm. So only thing i could do is place the horse on the top shelf with the nazgul in front. With Nazgul its simply to high sadly. Edited a picture on how that looks. Or just get the regular nazgul and safe some $$$ but then again might regret not getting this beautiful horse

View attachment 730722

Not sure if the scale is 100% correct, but you get the picture.
The horse appears to stand about as high as a standard figure on its base judging by the below image- which means it’s probably only about 33cm tall.
1728135379231.jpeg

With the rider on top, it will surely surpass 40cm though.

Edit: Better size comparison-
1728135626634.png

The base is a deal breaker for me on the Nazgul. I would only want him if mounted on a marsh or woodland base. What's the point of getting a hyper-realistic figure only to display him on a stylized base? And they just came out with some really nice looking marsh/woodland bases - why didn't they just do the same thing for this figure?

Back