SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With swords and knives. However, with the bow, Storm Shadow had no peer.
In the flashback scene where the Soft Master is describing their relationship, he talks about how Snake Eyes quickly surpassed Storm Shadow in terms of fighting skill once he began training, but would intentionally lose so that Storm Shadow could save face. I don't know that Snake Eyes ever used a bow.

Not that any of this matters much, but in the comic, they made it pretty clear that Snake Eyes was the best. In the cartoon, I don't even know if the two interacted.

Of course, Zartan is superior to both.

Of course, Zartan is superior to both.

zartan2.jpg

Awesome, I remember owning that Zartan when I was a kid. I believe him, Metal Head, and the talking Cobra Commander were my only Cobras back then.

Love the knives (if that's what those are) on the thigh holder too. That seems comfortable AND functional at the same time.
Yeah, imagine how he would have to walk. In some ways, though, I like that Zartan better than the 2nd Firefly. At least he maintains the punk/Dreadnok spirit, and has the same face-paint design. What in the hell is this supposed to be?

Back on topic (sort of), I was re-reading the comics recently, and noticed that Duke didn't show up very often. At least through the first 60 issues, he just isn't there very much. Hawk is a significantly stronger presence. In fact, it seems that Hawk as general shows up more than Duke does at all. Flint, Ripcord, hell even Tripwire also seem to get more page-time than Duke. Kind of weird, seeing as how Duke is the most recognizable Joe leader, and has spawned the most incarnations in various media.

The two interacted in the cartoon and were mere equals, it was always a "til I meet you next time" sort of thing with both of them... I don't think either of them got the upper hand on each other in the cartoon.

The two interacted in the cartoon and were mere equals, it was always a "til I meet you next time" sort of thing with both of them... I don't think either of them got the upper hand on each other in the cartoon.

:confused: Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow NEVER fought in the cartoon (at least from what I can remember). They always put SS up against Spirit. :monkey4

:confused: Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow NEVER fought in the cartoon (at least from what I can remember). They always put SS up against Spirit. :monkey4

There is a scene or two, although your right he was put more against Spirit.

O and Quick Kick was thrown in there to get his arse handed by SS.

In Larry Hama's eyes, Hawk was the leader, and other than Snake Eyes, was the most important character. He had some very cool ideas and stories, but he also came up with this kind of crap for which there is NO excuse:

https://asylums.insanejournal.com/scans_daily/636386.html
In fairness, though, Hama didn't create that Firefly look (as far as I know). It was Hasbro's "creative" team, who created the toy, that Hama then had to fit into the comics somehow. Having said all that, I'm pretty sure Hama could have used that look without employing the insanely stupid ninja storyline. Hama might have been so burned out of having to write about Eco-Warriors and Ninja Forces at that point, that he just didn't care and started phoning it in. He seemed to try his damndest to avoid dumb crap like Cobra-La in the mid-80s, but by the 90s there was no way to avoid the stupid garbage Hasbro was producing, because that's all that there was.

There is a scene or two, although your right he was put more against Spirit.

O and Quick Kick was thrown in there to get his arse handed by SS.

in pyramid of darkness, Quick Kick kicked SS's arse

and Spirit fought SS to a repectable tie

Spirit was SS's equal in the cartoon. But then again, a small number of Cobra Troops could capture Snake Eyes in the cartoon. And no one ever hit anyone with their laser guns.

Back