SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
none...SS never beat quick kick in the cartoon

comics a different story

Something about this is wrong, where's the scene where SS jumps on top of QK and he ends up falling off the building/stones?

are you talking about the end where Joe's WIN every time :lol Well no ____....

Yeah, imagine how he would have to walk. In some ways, though, I like that Zartan better than the 2nd Firefly. At least he maintains the punk/Dreadnok spirit, and has the same face-paint design. What in the hell is this supposed to be?

Back on topic (sort of), I was re-reading the comics recently, and noticed that Duke didn't show up very often. At least through the first 60 issues, he just isn't there very much. Hawk is a significantly stronger presence. In fact, it seems that Hawk as general shows up more than Duke does at all. Flint, Ripcord, hell even Tripwire also seem to get more page-time than Duke. Kind of weird, seeing as how Duke is the most recognizable Joe leader, and has spawned the most incarnations in various media.

I'm kind of doing that too currently, reading the comics again that is, and I'm either at the same point you are or just behind a little. Some great issues in the beginning and when it starts to hit the space stuff it starts to get kind of dumb. I think as a kid this is where I kind of stopped (not for that reason but financially at the time) and I have all the original run of Marvel issues now to see what I missed.

Maybe I enjoyed those first issues because Duke wasn't in them a lot!?!? :lol

Never hated the guy, never completely liked the guy, just kind of always been one of the so so Joe's for me. I do like the Sideshow figure from what I've seen though. Love that they included the standard Joe rifle.

I just kind of always rooted for him to go into another coma. :D

I'm kind of doing that too currently, reading the comics again that is, and I'm either at the same point you are or just behind a little. Some great issues in the beginning and when it starts to hit the space stuff it starts to get kind of dumb. I think as a kid this is where I kind of stopped (not for that reason but financially at the time) and I have all the original run of Marvel issues now to see what I missed.

Maybe I enjoyed those first issues because Duke wasn't in them a lot!?!? :lol

Never hated the guy, never completely liked the guy, just kind of always been one of the so so Joe's for me. I do like the Sideshow figure from what I've seen though. Love that they included the standard Joe rifle.

I just kind of always rooted for him to go into another coma. :D

You're either a Duke fan or a Hawk fan, just like a CCC fan or a CC fan :rotfl

Do you have SE back again?

Something about this is wrong, where's the scene where SS jumps on top of QK and he ends up falling off the building/stones?

are you talking about the end where Joe's WIN every time :lol Well no ____....

I remember the stones scene, but dont remember no ass wooping on quick kick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT5TmntOI7E

^^^^ quick kick kicking SS's arse :)

Spirit was SS's equal in the cartoon. But then again, a small number of Cobra Troops could capture Snake Eyes in the cartoon. And no one ever hit anyone with their laser guns.

Yeah SS could dismantle a tank with his hands but Spirit was his equal in hand to hand combat.

Makes perfect sense really.

Wish Resolute was an ongoing series so we could see a more adult Joe cartoon that could correct all these things.

Zartan was a better archer. :p

Storm Shadow caught one of his arrows.

And yet, nobody really nameable on that list. Zartan nailed both the Hard Master AND Serpentor.

In the flashback scene where the Soft Master is describing their relationship, he talks about how Snake Eyes quickly surpassed Storm Shadow in terms of fighting skill once he began training, but would intentionally lose so that Storm Shadow could save face. I don't know that Snake Eyes ever used a bow.

Not that any of this matters much, but in the comic, they made it pretty clear that Snake Eyes was the best. In the cartoon, I don't even know if the two interacted.

Of course, Zartan is superior to both.

A few hours late to the argument, but Storm Shadow is the superior archer. Yes, Zartan took down both the Hard Master and Serpentor, both targets who were individually skilled and of high importance. However, the evidence that Storm Shadow is the superior archer is taken from the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero issues #26 and 27, "The Origin of Snake Eyes". Based on my recollection (and I may be wrong as it's been at least ten years since I've re-read any Joe comics) Storm Shadow is described as having the "Ear that Sees", hearing so acute that he could hit a target beyong his line of sight. When the Hard Master was killed by an arrow that went THROUGH a wall from the opposing courtyard, everyone believed Storm Shadow (then known as the Young Master) murdered his uncle (I believe that was the relationship). Of course, it was Zartan, who was using a compound bow fitted with sound applification equipment, which of course Storm Shadow would not have needed. Storm Shadow could have made that shot with a normal short bow.

Last edited:
It has to deal with some type of sword, Excalibur perhaps? :angelsmil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKXEORcPtDE

around the 4:00 mark....quick kick didnt get his arse kicked there...SS got lucky and knocked quick kick off the tower..spirit fixed his leg and he was back in business...SS only had one up over him because he hurt his leg from the fall...SS is cool,but awfully overrated

In the flashback scene where the Soft Master is describing their relationship, he talks about how Snake Eyes quickly surpassed Storm Shadow in terms of fighting skill once he began training, but would intentionally lose so that Storm Shadow could save face. I don't know that Snake Eyes ever used a bow.

Not that any of this matters much, but in the comic, they made it pretty clear that Snake Eyes was the best. In the cartoon, I don't even know if the two interacted.

Of course, Zartan is superior to both.

And if it wasn't for Storm Shadow, Snakes would have died on a field in 'Nam.

:) I like SS...just a bigger fan of Quick Kick

I always liked Quick Kick quite a bit... One of my favorite figures.

quickkick.jpg

And if it wasn't for Storm Shadow, Snakes would have died on a field in 'Nam.
True, but that was before Snake Eyes was trained as a ninja.

My Quick Kick got a lot of play as a kid, and lost a thumb during a mission. I also liked that figure, though nowhere near as much as Snake Eyes (1985 version--ended up losing both thumbs) or Storm Shadow.

Also kind of liked Duke. How about that guy?

A few hours late to the argument, but Storm Shadow is the superior archer. Yes, Zartan took down both the Hard Master and Serpentor, both targets who were individually skilled and of high importance. However, the evidence that Storm Shadow is the superior archer is taken from the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero issues #26 and 27, "The Origin of Snake Eyes". Based on my recollection (and I may be wrong as it's been at least ten years since I've re-read any Joe comics) Storm Shadow is described as having the "Ear that Sees", hearing so acute that he could hit a target beyong his line of sight. When the Hard Master was killed by an arrow that went THROUGH a wall from the opposing courtyard, everyone believed Storm Shadow (then known as the Young Master) murdered his uncle (I believe that was the relationship). Of course, it was Zartan, who was using a compound bow fitted with sound applification equipment, which of course Storm Shadow would not have needed. Storm Shadow could have made that shot with a normal short bow.

Fact is, we don't know because he never made it. Truth be told, if Hama had fleshed it out more, they likely thought it was SS due to the impossibility of the shot. The shot that took out Serpentor looked to be farther and Zartan (to the best of my knowledge) didn't use any sights for that.

Back