SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always liked Quick Kick quite a bit... One of my favorite figures.

quickkick.jpg

Agreed, truthfully one of the best.

166992.jpg

Fact is, we don't know because he never made it. Truth be told, if Hama had fleshed it out more, they likely thought it was SS due to the impossibility of the shot. The shot that took out Serpentor looked to be farther and Zartan (to the best of my knowledge) didn't use any sights for that.

A valid and reasonable argument, and an assumption on my part that Storm Shadow could have made that shot. But to me, the use of a compound bow and sound applification equipment by Zartan is evidence enough that Storm Shadow is the better archer. However, there is no concrete evidence provided by Hama in the comic that points to who is the better archer, so it's speculation on our part. And this is why I was slightly irked that Storm Shadow version 2 and Sideshow's Storm Shadow both came with a compound bow; in the mind's eye of my childhood, I imagined that Storm Shadow was skilled enough to shoot as accurately if not more accurate than any technological advancements, and was discipined enough and trained enough to draw his bow string as taut or with enough resistance than a compound bow.

And you are correct, the shot by Zartan that took out Serpentor was longer, and not straight on. Zartan shot vertically (well diagonally, at an angle) up in the air and was able to compute the trajectory in such a way that it hit Serpentor in the head. Impressive. But we'll just have to disagree on this one as to who is the better archer. :)

EDIT: To get on topic, I can't wait for Duke!

Last edited:
A valid and reasonable argument, and an assumption on my part that Storm Shadow could have made that shot. But to me, the use of a compund bow and sound applification equipment by Zartan is evidence enough that Storm Shadow is the better archer. However, there is no comcrete evidence provided by Hama in the comic that points to who is the better archer, so it's speculation on our part. And this is why I was slightly irked that Storm Shadow version 2 and Sideshow's Storm Shadow both came with a compound bow; in the mind's eye of my childhood, I imagined that Storm Shadow was skilled enough to shoot as accurately if not more accurate than any technological advancements, and was discipined enough and trained enough to draw his bow string as taunt or with enough resistance than a compound bow.

And you are correct, the shot by Zartan that took out Serpentor was longer, and not straight on. Zartan shot vertically up in the air and was able to compute the trajectory in such a way that it hit Serpentor in the head. Impressive. But we'll just have to disagree on this one as to who is the better archer. :)

EDIT: To get on topic, I can't wait for Duke!

(bah, ____ all the "Duke's coming in May" crap... other than that, there's nothing to discuss about him that hasn't been said in the past 91 pages :lol.)

I dunno. I always took it as a matter of availability. I doubt, in a ninja training camp in the Joe-verse, you'd find a $1k compound bow and scope. They'd want Storm Shadow to perfect his craft using rudimentary weapons. Same reason they didn't have guns. Whereas, Zartan, the hired assassin would've likely bought it just to improve his craft. Just because professional pistoleers use customized guns, doesn't mean they're any less the sharpshooters.

I figure Zartan would have had the accuracy, but lacked the ability to sense where the Hard Master was located. That doesn't make him a less effective archer, so much as a non-super ninja.

Only Flint is a better archer than Zartan.

I figure Zartan would have had the accuracy, but lacked the ability to sense where the Hard Master was located. That doesn't make him a less effective archer, so much as a non-super ninja.

Only Flint is a better archer than Zartan.

Flint is a ********* who picks up on lesbians. He's gotta carry around a shotgun to compensate for his failed aim. :p

People call Flint a ********* because they are jealous of his mad skills and awesome beret. He only uses a shotgun because he likes to kill multiple people at once, being a homicidal maniac. And are you calling this fox a lesbian? Pshaw.

People call Flint a ********* because they are jealous of his mad skills and awesome beret. He only uses a shotgun because he likes to kill multiple people at once, being a homicidal maniac. And are you calling this fox a lesbian? Pshaw.

Only if they're jealous of total fail. :lol Again, shotguns are compensating for his lack of aim. As for lesbian, a picture says a thousand words, and these scream mullet, sleeveless pendletons and canned tuna air fresheners...

ladyjaye.jpg
ladyjaye2.jpg
ladyjaye3.jpg

:lol Smart ass. Touche'.

I gave you too much credit... when you had it as "look up" rather than "scroll up" I thought you were refering to my shaved head and the fact that I love me some ladies.... refer to my previous posting on the look of her figure.

And just in case there's any further "debating," here's the actress who played her...

marymac235.jpg

Mary McDonald-Lewis​

:huh
I'd hit it.

Yeah, but you probably dig on mullets, hairy armpits and 5-o-clock shadows anyway. If you pull a "Dundee" and get a handfull, you'd probably just look her deep and the eyes and say, "You better not breathe a ____ing word of this to anybody or I'll have you sleeping with the fishes... understand? Now hurry up!"

Yeah, but you probably dig on hairy armpits and 5-o-clock shadows anyway. If you pull a "Dundee" and get a handfull, you'd probably just look her deep and the eyes and say, "You better not breathe a ____ing word of this to anybody or I'll have you sleeping with the fishes... understand? Now hurry up!"

:confused: :huh I always thought that was a decent way to warm a lady up... :monkey3 Are you saying that's out of line?? ....I'm not sure what women want from me anymore? Foreplay? No foreplay?.... Wish the ladies would make up their damn minds. :tap

Back on topic...received this seconds ago...

Dear Valued Collector,

Your pre-order of the Duke 12-inch Figure – Sideshow Exclusive will be arriving into our US warehouse in approximately 18 days at which time we will charge your card for the item. Please verify that your shipping address and payment information are correct on your order by Friday, April 30, 2010 through your online account.

Indeed. Hopefully Firefly will be following shortly, like how closely the Cobra Officer and Storm Shadow shipped last fall. And with Duke shipping, I hope we get a new Joe announcement / pre-order. I kind of like having three or four G.I. Joe figures in queue.

Back