SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DUKE is another figure that virtually all of us had/have high expectations for considering he is one of the absolute core characters/figures within the GI JOE line. With some of us finally receiving DUKE . . . in typical fashion . . . some of us are pleased and disappointed for a variety of reasons. In reading some of the replies . . . it's coming off like meeting an absolutely stunning woman . . . taking her home . . . anticipating a sinful night of lust . . . only to find out that she used to be "he" (post-op).

:rotfl

:slap

If this is how we're going to respond to DUKE . . . then I can't wait to see how we're going to respond to FIREFLY when he is finally released along with FLINT.

DUKE is another figure that virtually all of us had/have high expectations for considering he is one of the absolute core characters/figures within the GI JOE line. With some of us finally receiving DUKE . . . in typical fashion . . . some of us are pleased and disappointed for a variety of reasons. In reading some of the replies . . . it's coming off like meeting an absolutely stunning woman . . . taking her home . . . anticipating a sinful night of lust . . . only to find out that she used to be "he" (post-op).

If this is how we're going to respond to DUKE . . . then I can't wait to see how we're going to respond to FIREFLY when he is finally released along with FLINT.

Our expectation for FF are low. So it wont be all that bad. Flint, we just have to wait and see.

dramaqueen-lg.gif

In all seriousness, it's just the hair and it's not that bad. :rolleyes::lol

I think the exaggerated hair and tan is in perfect keeping with the character's comic book incarnation. AND the cartoon for that matter. And as such, (even though my own preference tends toward a more "live-action" type interpretation) my opinion is that this figure is awesome in how it nails the primary concept of Duke.

Some quickies

dsc01611t.jpg

dsc01612hm.jpg

I wish I could put the helmet on him but the straps are very goofy and when I finally got it on his head, the chin strap was too loose and I didn't see a strap for that to be tightened. :confused:

Figures like this really need to come with instructions. There is just so much gear and those of us unfamilar with military gear are totally lost.

I would have pushed Han out of the way but that's just me....how long did it take you to set up Duke? I'm thinking 30 minutes minimum.

Okay freaks, here is Duke. No gear just some quick shots to show his face with and without a flash. This is the best Duke figure we have to date. The face paint is not too dark to me. The body is tight and easily poseable.

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

Back