SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to use photobucket. But here is a shot of the dogtags. I like the detail, but it looks like it fairly easily wears off.

DSC07202.jpg

I wanted to do a shot with a flag. And I remembered this one that my son made for my to hang in my office. He will be stoked to see his flag posted here at SSF.

DSC07206.jpg

Nice shots DC! Glad to finally see some good pix of him. Mine will be here today and I will be sure to post some too.

I was a little disappointed by the initial round of pics, in fact I was even wondering if I wanted Duke at all, but after seeing Dave and Cruel's pics with the helmet on I think it's just a matter of the day glow hair bringing the overall figure down a notch or two... Does anyone plan on giving the hair a brown wash to tone it down a bit? Looks like Sting with the helmet off out of the box...

wyaqOGUj5EJrfnX.jpg

I was a little disappointed by the initial round of pics, in fact I was even wondering if I wanted Duke at all, but after seeing Dave and Cruel's pics with the helmet on I think it's just a matter of the day glow hair bringing the overall figure down a notch or two... Does anyone plan on giving the hair a brown wash to tone it down a bit? Looks like Sting with the helmet off out of the box...

wyaqOGUj5EJrfnX.jpg

I considered it, but in hand, it just doesn't bug me as much. My brother-in-law has the same kinda hair (Norwegian descent) so it's something I'm used to seeing. And using that pic of pre-EMO Sting should rekindle the awesomeness of this figure for you. The fact that it didn't is now a double-fail with cheese.

I wanted to post a couple of details. I was very curious about the Pro 1.2 so I stipped Duke. I like the new Pro. Even though the front looks sort of like the back, it really gives the costume a nice shape when it is together. I am only slightly disappointed about the veins not being there. Didn't the proto have veins sculpted on the forearms?

DSC07198.JPG

And a close-up of the head sculpt as well. I like that it appears that they detailed the bloodshot aspect of his eyes.
DSC07201.JPG

I have a couple of more shots, but the gallery has an attitude with me right now.

Nah, the forearms were smooth on the proto pics as well.

I do really like the abs/torso joints on the new Pro bodies. It works very well with the Anakin figure and has a much greater range of movement for crouching/bending poses.

I considered it, but in hand, it just doesn't bug me as much. My brother-in-law has the same kinda hair (Norwegian descent) so it's something I'm used to seeing. And using that pic of pre-EMO Sting should rekindle the awesomeness of this figure for you. The fact that it didn't is now a double-fail with cheese.

Well, not sure about your Norwegian bother-in-law but Sting dyed his hair platinum blonde and that's how Duke looks to me... Like a dude who's dying his hair. :gah: I think I'm either going to try to take the neon huge out or leave the helmet on.

Nah, the forearms were smooth on the proto pics as well.
I do really like the abs/torso joints on the new Pro bodies. It works very well with the Anakin figure and has a much greater range of movement for crouching/bending poses.

Are you sure? I could have sworn the proto it had veins. I think we had that discussion back when the figure was announced.
Edit: I just went back to the first post for pics of the proto. It didnt have veins but it had muscle tone, it was not smooth.

That thing with Sting and Flair became a running gag in pro wrestling. Every couple years, Flair would go begging for Sting's help. After a few weeks, Sting would begrudgingly accept, saying "but if you try to screw me over Flair. . .!" Then of course, Flair would turn on Sting and kick him in the nuts or something, renewing their feud. :lol

Are you sure? I could have sworn the proto it had veins. I think we had that discussion back when the figure was announced.
Edit: I just went back to the first post for pics of the proto. It didnt have veins but it had muscle tone, it was not smooth.

Yeah, that is the thing that bugs me about the arms is the lack of any sculpted muscle definition other than just the general shape of the arms. It will look pretty stupid for characters with exposed arms.

That thing with Sting and Flair became a running gag in pro wrestling. Every couple years, Flair would go begging for Sting's help. After a few weeks, Sting would begrudgingly accept, saying "but if you try to screw me over Flair. . .!" Then of course, Flair would turn on Sting and kick him in the nuts or something, renewing their feud. :lol

New EMO ****** Sting. That never would've happened with the old Sting. The Crow has gone the way of the dodo, it's time for Sting's outdated persona to do the same. Now he just looks as ridiculous as ICP, but at least theirs is intentional being wicked clowns and all. Sting just looks like a clown.

Here is another. The sun was coming in a window to my right front so the white balance sucks, but oh, well.

DSC07207.jpg

That looks damn cool, Cruel! :rock

Thanks, Flosi! It is my favorite as well, so far. But I have a rock formation set up in my yard to get some outdoor shots when I get a chance that I think will be real cool as well. I freakin' washed the rocks and everything so I wouldn't get the figure's costume dirty.:)

Here is another. The sun was coming in a window to my right front so the white balance sucks, but oh, well.

DSC07207.jpg

awesome pic, darth and...sold. i like the in-hand pics i've seen so far but this one caused me to go place my order. i think he looks good.

Back