SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you guys have got me thinking Duke looks like that Small Soldiers guy. Every time I see a pic of his head he makes me think of that guy.

The resemblance is uncanny.

Cinefex75.jpg

Ok, got Duke today. The hair is that bad and his tan is that fake looking. Other than that, he is great. But I'm not a fan of the freshly bleached hair look and the spray tan coloring. I would be totally fine with him being tan. I mean if he is in the field much, he would be. But just like a spray tan doesn't look quite right, neither does he. And the hair is just too vibrant. Had it bee more like Hot Toys Wesker's coloring, it would have been perfect!

But holy crap he comes with a ton of crap! Just putting him together takes a good 1/2 hour or more. So many little parts and things to put in pouches! :google

Ok, got Duke today. The hair is that bad and his tan is that fake looking. Other than that, he is great. But I'm not a fan of the freshly bleached hair look and the spray tan coloring. I would be totally fine with him being tan. I mean if he is in the field much, he would be. But just like a spray tan doesn't look quite right, neither does he. And the hair is just too vibrant. Had it bee more like Hot Toys Wesker's coloring, it would have been perfect!

But holy crap he comes with a ton of crap! Just putting him together takes a good 1/2 hour or more. So many little parts and things to put in pouches! :google

Eh, I'd just give his hair a dark wash and it'll look fine. The tan looks bad because of how "albino" his hair looks.

his gear was the main reason I wanted him....Duke will be my first Joe and I am very excited to get all of his gear in order....especially that water bottle...

Ok, got Duke today. The hair is that bad and his tan is that fake looking.

Too bad. At least bad paint is easier to "correct" than a bad sculpt or weak tailoring and accessories. Still a bummer when other companies have figured out how to have production paint look just as good or better than the protos.

Sad to say but I had to ultimately pass on Duke in favor of the DiD Erwin Konig fig. If that figure looks half as good in hand as it does in photos, I will say I chose wisely. However, case in point, I am reserving judgment. Sad though, because I still had high hope for Duke. Still stoked for the rest of the line though. Duke was never a must have for me.

Some quickies

dsc01611t.jpg

dsc01612hm.jpg

I wish I could put the helmet on him but the straps are very goofy and when I finally got it on his head, the chin strap was too loose and I didn't see a strap for that to be tightened. :confused:

Figures like this really need to come with instructions. There is just so much gear and those of us unfamilar with military gear are totally lost.

you gave him a gay pose Buttmunch...he looks like a poseur.

:lol Not his final pose. I was just tired of putting all of his gear on. Took just as long, if not longer than Snake Eyes. At least his magazines fit in their pouches easily unlike Snake Eyes. That took forever to get those in on him.

Sad to say but I had to ultimately pass on Duke in favor of the DiD Erwin Konig fig. If that figure looks half as good in hand as it does in photos, I will say I chose wisely. However, case in point, I am reserving judgment. Sad though, because I still had high hope for Duke. Still stoked for the rest of the line though. Duke was never a must have for me.

failbirdpoop.jpg

Looks like I'm gonna repaint mine :yess:

Back