SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

I guess this is the last time they let out development art.

So it needs camo on the balaclava, another bandolier and a regular BDU shirt instead of a hooded jacket - right?

Just from a cool looking figure perspective - only the 2nd bandolier would make it more interesting. Losing the jacket would be mistake I think, and it looks like he's got a grey turtleneck on underneath.

But I respect that it's not what was expected. Perhaps they're trying to cater to both the diehards and casual fans like me and getting caught in the middle. The concept art would have looked too much like a toy from the '80s for the casual fan, I guess.

i second this ... i still like it ... and i love the old GI Joe

My initial shock and sadness have subsided somewhat, its a cool looking figure, but so far removed from what we were teased with I cant help but feel bumbed :(

Oh well. Its not what I was expecting, but its a cool looking figure.

I wish I had never seen the concept art though.

I will be ordering.

are you guys putting the negative feedback on SSC's site because it is incredibly tame compared to the feedback posted here?

Don't those comments have to be approved though? I seriously doubt they'll allow me to link the concept art, but I'll give it a shot.

We'll see if it goes up:

"What the heck happened to the 1984 version of Firefly we saw the concept art for during SDCC?

https://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn92/XMPhotos/GI%20Joe/SSCFirefly.jpg"

i still kinda like the black patches on the coat and pants, but I need the mask painted and am not liking the hood. If it doesn't change, I will wait a while to pick him up second hand and then I'll turn the hood into a collar and repaint the head.

I never imagined I'd have to consider passing on Firefly. WTH?
Crossing my fingers for better treatment of Beachhead.

I never imagined I'd have to consider passing on Firefly. WTH?
Crossing my fingers for better treatment of Beachhead.

dumb+donald+fat+albert.jpg

My initial shock and sadness have subsided somewhat, its a cool looking figure, but so far removed from what we were teased with I cant help but feel bumbed :(

Oh well. Its not what I was expecting, but its a cool looking figure.

I wish I had never seen the concept art though.

I will be ordering.

I hate to say it because I love how SSC has been more forthcoming with the R&D process but yeah...this is kind of sucky. But we'll make the nest of it. I'll order him.

Its like Sideshow promising this:
1202162048_really-hot-chick.jpg

Then giving us this:
alice.jpg

:( Its not a total fail, but the 1st choice would have been much cooler :(

I guess this is the last time they let out development art.

So it needs camo on the balaclava, another bandolier and a regular BDU shirt instead of a hooded jacket - right?

Just from a cool looking figure perspective - only the 2nd bandolier would make it more interesting. Losing the jacket would be mistake I think, and it looks like he's got a grey turtleneck on underneath.

But I respect that it's not what was expected. Perhaps they're trying to cater to both the diehards and casual fans like me and getting caught in the middle. The concept art would have looked too much like a toy from the '80s for the casual fan, I guess.

He needs to look like this, which is what the concept are looked like. I'm sure the casual fan woud have been all over it, as that is what is remembered.

Why not modernize Star Wars. As long as they looked cool, right?

firefly.jpg

I don't see how they could trail so far off the mark with the awesome work they did with the Cobra Trooper/Officer, Storm Shadow and Duke. Duke is a perfect example of what this line should be. Traditional designs with modern updating instead of making up something and passing if off as Firefly.

My hopes were pretty damn high for this figure. Especially since 1) We knew he was coming out and 2) We (thought we) knew what was going to look like and 3) FF is one of my personal faves.

I submitted a question to Sideshow's production blog asking why they went with something so different from the SDCC concept art. I also asked if there was any chance things could be changed from now until production (such as at least giving the mask camo). Hopefully we get a decent answer.

My hopes were pretty damn high for this figure. Especially since 1) We knew he was coming out and 2) We (thought we) knew what was going to look like and 3) FF is one of my personal faves.

I feel you man. I had actually promised my nephew I would give him my bash, after I got the SS one. FF is my 2nd fav after SE. Im still in shock. Why shows us the concept art, and then give us this? What is the tought pattern on this one?

I submitted a question to Sideshow's production blog asking why they went with something so different from the SDCC concept art. I also asked if there was any chance things could be changed from now until production (such as at least giving the mask camo). Hopefully we get a decent answer.

I'm sure it is far to late to make changes to this figure. I'm all for a second figure based on the concept art.

I feel you man. I had actually promised my nephew I would give him my bash, after I got the SS one. FF is my 2nd fav after SE. Im still in shock. Why shows us the concept art, and then give us this? What is the tought pattern on this one?

:lol What are you going to tell your nephew now?

Back