SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

You really love your low-impact passive-aggressive gaybashing, don't you... :)

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of Power Rangers and trying to come up with a colorful cereal (almost said fruity pebbles), but if you read gay undertones in that, perhaps that's a subconscious dilemma you should discuss with your therapist? :dunno

Sucks to see this thread has turned from Firefly discussion into a pissing contest between the usual suspects. Carry on whiners!

Oh hello Irishjedi, nammagazine!:wave

:confused: Have you bothered to read any of it? Ironically, it's not me. I'm just trying to fend off the little petty jabs from Dave. See the quote above for an example. :lol

hell with it, just bought an urban cammo set.

urbancamouniset.jpg

same set on a body

urbancamoset.jpg

all ready for monday.

not bad. yeah, the one i went for might be a little low, quality wise, but it seems to be the one that OSW is recomending, and i got it for 17$, so, yay

urbancamouniset.jpg

same set on a body

urbancamoset.jpg

all ready for monday.

That stuff is crap, like DollarTree crap. Cheap rehashes of 21st Century stuff. You could've picked up the Dragon Marine that actually comes with the vest you bought last night for about $28 and his cammo is gray with dark gray squares. :(

urbancamouniset.jpg

same set on a body

urbancamoset.jpg

all ready for monday.

I collectyed these figures a while back because I was trying to create an urban camo version of the gear I wore in the Marines. I have 3 or 4 sets of this camo. You just inspired me to gather a bunch of that stuff and see if I can come up with a cool Joe figure.

I collectyed these figures a while back because I was trying to create an urban camo version of the gear I wore in the Marines. I have 3 or 4 sets of this camo. You just inspired me to gather a bunch of that stuff and see if I can come up with a cool Joe figure.

since you've got 3 or four of this set mate, can you comment on the uniform quality?

...and sent. :D Clue... you've already seen them on Firefly. ;)

I saw that one, but the "America's Finest" stuff seems a bit suspect, quality wise. I went with the less-accurate-but-still-vastly-superior-to-the-wacky-Sideshow-parka get-up here:

https://www.kerenza.com/kf-bbi-21111.html

That's exactly what I'm using. Keeps him contemporary without straying too far into Ice Viper Parka :)p) territory. But if they paint fat white blotches on the head to match the Ice Viper Parka :)p) cammo he's got now, that idea's pretty much ruined.

Last edited:

reminds me a lot of MGS snake. Perhaps thats why I like this. Good job SSC. The first joe/cobra figure I am seriously consider getting.

And there it is.

That pretty much says it all.

Way to go, Sideshow. The JOE fans are not happy, but the MGS & Non-JOE fans are. :rolleyes:

I don't see Solid Snake in there at all. . .

The Resolute Firefly sort of looked like Snake from MGS 1, but not the Sideshow Firefly. Which version are you talking about?

MGS 1 Snake

snake.jpg

MGS 2 Snake

SolidSnake.jpg

MGS 3 Naked Snake

180px-Naked_Snake.jpg

Honestly, I would probably prefer any of those over the parka.

Back