SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

Sucks to see this thread has turned from Firefly discussion into a pissing contest between the usual suspects. Carry on whiners!

Oh hello Irishjedi, nammagazine!:wave

Yeah, the "usual suspects" that out of the 9 total figures announced/previewed or released in this line so far have had major issues with exactly 2 of them (CCC and Firefly) and dared to be vocal about it. :rolleyes: Don't be such a lace-curtained Pollyanna. If you're gonna try and tweak me, at least make sense.

That's exactly what I'm using. Keeps him contemporary without straying too far into Ice Viper Parka :)p) territory. But if they paint fat white blotches on the head to match the Ice Viper Parka :)p) cammo he's got now, that idea's pretty much ruined.
I actually think the black (or charcoal gray, or whatever it is) mask will work well with the BBI fatigues without a paintjob toward making him look more updated, yet more clearly Firefly-like than he currently is. I might not even get it painted as I'm thinking about it. I don't know. Jesus I wish we could just use him as he comes.

since you've got 3 or four of this set mate, can you comment on the uniform quality?

I was completely fine with it. Truthfully...other than the pockets not being as detailed as Sideshow and HotToys I thought they were about as good, or at least very, very close.

Here is what my mad MS Paint skills have come up with following my previous post:

fireflymod1.jpg

vs.

firefly1.jpg

Still looks a bit generic, but seems more Firefly-ish to me.

DR-70121.jpg

Probably this; the Dragon USMC Urban Camo looks nice.

It is really sad that we are already looking at ways to fix the Sideshow items that should come on their standard.

I completely agree. And it is so un-necessary. The figures should just be left as they are.

:monkey3:D

Eh. All Sideshow has to do is camo the balaclava and 90% of the complaints will magically be silenced. I know I'd be much happier about it.

It would still be confoundingly different than their concept art, though.

DR-70121.jpg

Probably this; the Dragon USMC Urban Camo looks nice.

It is really sad that we are already looking at ways to fix the Sideshow items that should come on their standard.

I went with that outfit from a loose parts dealer. Looked pretty good to me.

Eh. All Sideshow has to do is camo the balaclava and 90% of the complaints will magically be silenced. I know I'd be much happier about it.

It would still be confoundingly different than their concept art, though.

That and camo those solid gray patches on the arms and legs.

SSC already has all the materials needed to make a classic Firefly. If you look at the '84 figure you can see that he has a camo button-up shirt over a turtleneck.

firefly_large.jpg

Well look what we have here:

sideshow-duke-01.jpg

Lose the hooded sweatshirt and then camo Duke's shirt and give it to Firefly. Paint FF's mask to match and presto, we've got our classic Saboteur. :)

Having said that I still see enough of a vintage homage in this totally badass (even if they did go a little too far) update:

FF1.jpg

firefly.jpg

Last edited:

Does he have the same bag as Duke? Just noticed that.

yeah its the one major thing that is bugging me is the re hash of already used items .

Where is the COBRA logo? Shouldn't the COBRA Saboteur have a COBRA logo somewhere? The original had one. While this is a nice figure it just isn't Firefly to me. The Resolute Firefly was a really cool update of the character; the SSC concept art looked like they had him down. What happened?

Last edited:

yeah its the one major thing that is bugging me is the re hash of already used items .

I don't see that as a issue.

Where is the COBRA logo? Shouldn't the COBRA Saboteur have a COBRA logo somewhere? The original had one. While this is a nice figure it just isn't Firefly to me. The Resolute Firefly was a really cool update of the character; the SSC concept art looked like they had him down. What happened?

Well technically Firefly is a mercenary like Major Bludd, so a Cobra logo shouldn't be on him.

Back