SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

Not by Bradstreet, no. Those two are from a pair of prequel issues before the main series had come out. Pretty much anyone here will tell you the run was crap though. IIRC, Storm Shadow was dressed very similar to the movie version.

The series is actually called Reloaded, not "Reborn". Brain fart. :duh

Even still, while they resemble the Bradstreet paintings the most, Sideshow still, thankfully, took some creative licensing with the characters.

True, but the file cards were written by Larry Hama...who also wrote the comic. Anything written in the comic supercedes what Mr. Hama wrote for the file cards.

Hahahaha...LOL...Congratulations! Of all of the extreme reaches for any rationalization concerning the vintage Joe line...this one has just covered all others with it's shadow and has emerged as the one that is paramount.

That's actually not extreme at all. Hama himself has said that he considers the Marvel comic series (particular the first 60 issues) to be the definitive ARAH canon. If there's a debate to even be considered here, I'm siding with The Man.

Besides, it didn't veer away from the film cards too much anyway. As others have already pointed out, Hama wrote both.

That's actually not extreme at all. Hama himself has said that he considers the Marvel comic series (particular the first 60 issues) to be the definitive ARAH canon. If there's a debate to even be considered here, I'm siding with The Man.

Besides, it didn't veer away from the film cards too much anyway. As others have already pointed out, Hama wrote both.

Well...if that is the case, even I can't argue with that.

:lecture:lecture:lecture The only thing that's extreme is the sheer amount of naivete in ignoring that Hama authored both. It was his creating of the file cards that led to him scripting the books.

:lecture:lecture:lecture The only thing that's extreme is the sheer amount of naivete in ignoring that Hama authored both. It was his creating of the file cards that led to him scripting the books.

Although I was poking a little fun at DinoDB1975 and I am not trying to piss you off. I have to be honest with you. In my own case, it is not naivity in ignoring so much as it is indifference in ignoring. And I am curious as to whether or not I am mistaken. Are you really offended by people not caring about the vintage G. I. Joe line? It seems that way, but I could be misinterpreting.

Although I was poking a little fun at DinoDB1975 and I am not trying to piss you off. I have to be honest with you. In my own case, it is not naivity in ignoring so much as it is indifference in ignoring. And I am curious as to whether or not I am mistaken. Are you really offended by people not caring about the vintage G. I. Joe line? It seems that way, but I could be misinterpreting.

:lol, no, I'm not offended, just was a little surprised you'd disregard such a blatantly obvious factoid like that. Ironically, I'm one who loves the franchise, was there for the straight-arms, the comics (until the Ninja Force crap), and the cartoon and yet still thinks there's enough "Firefly" in this figure. Perhaps a ":p" would enlighten us to the sarcasm a bit better? :huh

Not by Bradstreet, no. Those two are from a pair of prequel issues before the main series had come out. Pretty much anyone here will tell you the run was crap though. IIRC, Storm Shadow was dressed very similar to the movie version.

The series is actually called Reloaded, not "Reborn". Brain fart. :duh

Crap! I thought I could use other images for referece on what SS might model other characters off of. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see and customize out what I don't like.

comic13l.jpg

I'll customize my Firefly to look more like this one. The head will definitely need the camo paint. Is anyone going to swap the uniform or just bits and pieces of it?

Kewl cover, but Devils Due is fan fiction.

truth.

they did have a few cool covers though.

i'm still grabbing the sideshow version...just looking at it like maybe it's wash day for firefly. i hope they camo the mask though. i think if they do that he'll be golden since there are several cool camo sets, etc. floating around out there.

Last edited:

It's really weird that he's holding SMG just by the magazine instead of the grip.

With all of the complaining in this thread, I haven't seen much praise for the awesome accessories. The IED exclusive is very awesome, as is the case with the explosives. Both seem like things Jack Bauer would even be called in to stop. Very cool :rock

The only accessory I don't think is awesome is the sub-machine gun. Everything else is cool as hell. I wonder if there's any way to add a frame to the backpack.

Back