SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

the figure is not flawed, its just flawed in its appearance of looking like the awesome RAH Firefly.now,He looks like a combined Resolute and Rise of Cobra Firefly figure,if that

I liked the concept art that they showed. I would also like to see the concept art for this version. And I wonder how many they had. Maybe...someday...they can go back and do concept figures similar to what hasbro did with the McQuarrie concept figures.

the figure is not flawed, its just flawed in its appearance of looking like the awesome RAH Firefly.now,He looks like a combined Resolute and Rise of Cobra Firefly figure,if that

resolute was awesome and so were the character designs, firefly wasnt in ROC, so.. who knows....

sideshow just puts the characters in a modern day than asks "what would they look like? where would they get their equipment, etc. " sideshow isnt doing ARAH, as for the concepts, it could have just been one of many, i might go to sideshow in the summer, ill let you guys know about that lol

Last edited:

Firefly was not in the film but he did have a Rise of Cobra action figure though that looks similiar to Sideshow

Uh, yes they are. This is officially an ARAH line. It's even branded as such. It's also right there on the packaging, if you're paying attention.

i meant it isnt the same ARAH that all you guys grew up with, sorry for not including that, ive said it before and wont repeat it, their just doing it differently, ive begun to understand your guys arguments and agree with you on some levels, but if they were to do a full fledged FF from the 80's, it would look dumb, it wouldnt fit in any real world senario, and thats what sideshow is going for.

if they were to do a full fledged FF from the 80's, it would look dumb, it wouldnt fit in any real world senario, and thats what sideshow is going for.

So you're saying a man with a white jumpsuit and throwing stars would be right at home on a real world battlefield?

i meant it isnt the same ARAH that all you guys grew up with, sorry for not including that, ive said it before and wont repeat it, their just doing it differently, ive begun to understand your guys arguments and agree with you on some levels, but if they were to do a full fledged FF from the 80's, it would look dumb, it wouldnt fit in any real world senario, and thats what sideshow is going for.

I take it you've never seen ACUs and XM8s (which were nearly approved). :lol

well they have to keep it GI Joe :lol

That wasn't my point. My point was "futuristic uniforms" that don't blend with **** and rifles that look like laser rifles are actually a reality. One is standard issue now being worn by the Army and the other was barely canceled just before going into production:

Army Combat Uniform:
ACU_2.jpg

XM8 Lightweight Modular Weapons System:
077_xm8.jpg

The fact that both of these exist, one is being issued and the other nearly so (but thankfully halted at the last minute), negates any foundation for an argument that what G.I. Joe RAH has to offer doesn't fit into the real world.

Like they didn't use futuristic weapons and lasers in ARAH. :rolleyes:

duke-gi-joe.jpg

No outfit or laser weapon in ARAH is being used today:rolleyes:
look at the uniforms.. any soldiers wearing them? anyone using "laser "weapons? nope....
sideshows doing "Modern" not futuristic,

Ninja Commandos don't exist in the "modern" world either.

That's what you think! Sounds like they are doing their job quite well if you don't believe in them. :lol

When was the last time you saw an army of ninjas armed with an arsenal of "modern" infantry weapons deployed on the battlefield?

nunchuk.jpg

Last edited:

Ninjas relied on stealth, so if they were doing their job right, you would never see an army of them.

But I do see what you mean. But I wouldn't doubt the existance of a single ninja-like commando. I suppose anyone who had extensive martial arts training would be ninja-like to most people. Obviously he wouldn't go walking around looking like Snake-Eyes, but he might just as likely kill you with his bare hands or a knife than a gun. :dunno

There is no way around it. GI Joe is fiction. And as with all fiction, there are some liberties taken. Even the realistic Nolan Batman series has its fantastical elements. Two-face being a good example. More realistic looking than Tommy Lee Jones, but still not 100% realistic. Same with Sideshow's GI Joe line. It is a realistic take on these characters much like Nolan's Batman.

Back