SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, calls him an idiot if I remember correctly.

Actually it was CC and Dr. Mindbender riding with him. Mindbender had a coat on too which would be an option for SSC to include if they ever make him and can't do a proper bare-chested base body for him. Of course we don't want them to get too crazy with the winter gear but at least its a way to keep them reasonably "vintage" if they don't plan on giving us a shirtless version anyway.

Ahhh I was close, guess they were all riding along side each other in the vehicles...:monkey3

You could just as easily justify Boy George Snake Eyes. :rolleyes: ...FAIL!

Except that nobody has ever complained about the cartoon's depiction of FF. He came through the series pretty unscathed.

I don't know. That's stretching it a bit :D

Its one of those "take it for whatever its worth" things.

I really like this figure. It is what has convinced me to start collecting the SideShow Gi Joe line. I am a Joe collector (well 25th, grew up with the ARAH line in the 80's) and am very excited to start collecting these, especially Firefly.

Except that nobody has ever complained about the cartoon's depiction of FF. He came through the series pretty unscathed.

Tranny Snake Eyes had more screen time than Snow-blow Firefly. In any case, I think both ideas are crap. I intend to swap out FF's BDUs anyway rather than justify it off of a few seconds of screen time in the silly cartoon series. :lol

Tranny Snake Eyes had more screen time than Snow-blow Firefly.

I just watched Pyramid of Darkness about a week ago and the entire mini-series (not just Boy George Snake Eyes) is almost ROC bad. Just brutal. I'll probably just go with that entire storyline being a radiation induced nightmare Snake Eyes had while recovering in the MASS Device. All the other miniseries' have a lot more good than bad though.

I really like this figure. It is what has convinced me to start collecting the SideShow Gi Joe line. I am a Joe collector (well 25th, grew up with the ARAH line in the 80's) and am very excited to start collecting these, especially Firefly.

Welcome to the boards, you'll love these figures!

When Cobra attacks the Broadcast Energy Transmitter in the snowy mountains toward the beginning of the 1987 movie Firefly is copiloting a STUN and wearing a winter coat with his bandolier over it. So for those who feel that SSC's version is a little too "cold weather" for their tastes at least there's a vintage ARAH precedent for the jacket.

Well there are several episodes where Cobra Commander is wearing a winter coat, so it will be ok when they make shield CC in a winter coat?

Welcome to the boards, you'll love these figures!

Very excited to see if I get one for Christmas.

I gave my Fiance a list with Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Trooper on it.

We'll see who I get first!

Very excited to see if I get one for Christmas.

I gave my Fiance a list with Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Trooper on it.

We'll see who I get first!

If she's anything like my wife, the only thing you'll get is a dirty look :lol

Kudos to those of you guys who have wives who will buy them man-dollies, but I've never been quite so lucky. I have to buy them myself!

So I got the 21st Century Swat uni the other day in hopes of using it for FF at some point.... There's just too much black on it.... Does anyone make an all grey camo uni (no black)?

So I got the 21st Century Swat uni the other day in hopes of using it for FF at some point.... There's just too much black on it.... Does anyone make an all grey camo uni (no black)?

There's a Dragon Urban marine that's just gray. Find him on ebaY for pretty cheap. Also comes with a gray camo plate carrier.

There's a Dragon Urban marine that's just gray. Find him on ebaY for pretty cheap. Also comes with a gray camo plate carrier.

Not bad... It looks as if there's grey camo squares on it? Could be good fodder though...

So the EX is set at 500 pieces? Just saw that a few posts above :google It's nice to have an EX really be exclusive.... I'm still waiting for Duke to convert... if he ever does. :confused: Should have started in with the Joe line from day one :banghead.

I bet that Duke will convert when the time comes to pay. I might cancel mine. Not sure the goggles are worth the extra $20-30 over what it would cost me at BBTS (after shipping).

Well there are several episodes where Cobra Commander is wearing a winter coat, so it will be ok when they make shield CC in a winter coat?

I thought they had included arctic CC in the Hasbro Arctic Missions figure pack but he surprisingly wasn't.

HAS15582.jpg

Really I almost picked one up as well, it doesn't work well for FF?

Back