SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The binoculars were on the original so I have to have um... It would be Storm Shadow all over again if I went non-ex. :sick
I don't feel they are as essential to the character as the nunchuks personally, but even if they were, it's easier to find decent binocs that can fit with him than it is to find Storm Shadow-worthy nunchuks from other figures. Still, I've been going back and forth with it. Unlike some, I don't buy exclusives just because they are exclusives, and they have more re-sale value, etc. I buy them if they have an accessory that warrants the extra premium you pay to order through Sideshow. And like Snake Eyes, this one's just not a deal maker for me.

They came with the 82 mail-away Duke and that makes the ex. a must-have. Sideshow should have included a vintage accessory with every figure as the exclusive.

I donno, i'd rather the Ex be something that is not essential, bu still a cool addition to the figure.
The IED with firefly is a perfect example. on one level, it's just an addition explosive. HOWEVER, it's a VERY COOl explosive.
the punch dagger with snake eyes is another good one. the binoculars for duke, however..... i think that was a bad call. Not a terrible call, but a bad call. A smiling headsculpt would have been better.
The EX needs to be something that adds to the figure, but is not so essential, that you dn't want the figure if you can't have it.

EVERY figure should include something that gives the character the option to display them with their traditional vintage look. Had Firefly included something like that I would have bought him. The IED should have just been included along with the rest of the accessories.

EVERY figure should include something that gives the character the option to display them with their traditional vintage look. Had Firefly included something like that I would have bought him. The IED should have just been included along with the rest of the accessories.

i can kinda agree with that, but , for example, had the MARS laser pistol been Cobra commanders EX, or the Vintage laser rifle been duke's, people would riot.

Actually the MARS blaster would have been a better ex. The sceptor is absolutely essential.

As for Duke's laser rifle, too many Joes use it to have been an exclusive which would have negated SS's policy of not re-using exclusives.

WRONG!

duke_full.jpg

Back