SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there are several episodes where Cobra Commander is wearing a winter coat, so it will be ok when they make shield CC in a winter coat?

No but in the case of Firefly what's done is done. If we can't get a true 1984 Firefly then I'd at least rather have a 1987 movie FF than a Devil's Due or Resolute one.

If it came with the original figure, it is essential.

Absolutely!

What the hell kind of crazy looking binoculars are those, anyway. Looks like an MC Escher painting.

Check out the M-16 too. Nice job on perspective, buddy. These new 25th Anniversary artists had nothing on the guys who did the original paintings from the '80s...

duke.jpg

So I guess all you guys saying what came with the original toy is essential bought the Snake Eyes wall for Timber? And you're gonna buy the Cobra Sniper for the gun to go with Cobra Trooper? And you're gonna have to get a more toy-accurate backpack for Duke? And you're gonna mod the Snake Eyes to have ankle pouches and a little arrow thing on his arm? Etc. etc.

Really I almost picked one up as well, it doesn't work well for FF?

It could, Ski, but If I'm going to go for the look of the original with mine I'm either going to go all or nothing. I'll just let it sit in my parts bin till FF hits and see how it looks then.

Flosi don't listen to that I can get the reg much cheaper song without the Ex. Keep your Ex! :rock

Dude, I still need to convert! I jumped into the Joe line once I saw in hand pics of SS so I missed the PPO for Duke by quite a few weeks. No Binoculars = Fail.... I can't deal with Storm Shadow having no nuns much less Duke with no binoculars. :sick

It could, Ski, but If I'm going to go for the look of the original with mine I'm either going to go all or nothing. I'll just let it sit in my parts bin till FF hits and see how it looks then.

Dude, I still need to convert! I jumped into the Joe line once I saw in hand pics of SS so I missed the PPO for Duke by quite a few weeks. No Binoculars = Fail.... I can't deal with Storm Shadow having no nuns much less Duke with no binoculars. :sick

NUMS == DA WORLD!!!!

So I guess all you guys saying what came with the original toy is essential bought the Snake Eyes wall for Timber? And you're gonna buy the Cobra Sniper for the gun to go with Cobra Trooper? And you're gonna have to get a more toy-accurate backpack for Duke? And you're gonna mod the Snake Eyes to have ankle pouches and a little arrow thing on his arm? Etc. etc.

Somethings are more essential then others.... I think it's safe to say that Storm Shadow has been the best overall piece from this line so far (some might say the Trooper) and the reason why has quite a bit to do with how much he looks like the original, straight out of the box. The closer Sideshow gets to the originals the happier we all are.... So Binoculars and Nunchucks, both being from the original 3 3/4" counterparts, become must haves for the 12" line... :lecture

Last edited:
Somethings are more essential then others....
Of course that is true, but saying that something that came with the original toys is essential means what, given that most of these figures are missing parts or contain inaccurate parts of some sort?

I think, as others have said, that making Firefly actually look like Firefly is pretty damn important. Moreso than giving Duke some binoculars. Yeah, the toy had them, but was the use of binoculars important to him in the cartoon or comic? No. So to me, not essential.

I think, as others have said, that making Firefly actually look like Firefly is pretty damn important.

I don't understand why people think that he does not look like Firefly...

I look at that figure, and install think.. FIREFLY.

In my opinion the only thing that would add to him is an arm band with a cobra logo, or a cobra logo on his arm..

That figure is the most badass that SideShow has showed thus far!

In my opinion the only thing that would add to him is an arm band with a cobra logo, or a cobra logo on his arm..

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Of course that is true, but saying that something that came with the original toys is essential means what, given that most of these figures are missing parts or contain inaccurate parts of some sort?

I think, as others have said, that making Firefly actually look like Firefly is pretty damn important. Moreso than giving Duke some binoculars. Yeah, the toy had them, but was the use of binoculars important to him in the cartoon or comic? No. So to me, not essential.

The first time we see Duke in the comics, isn't he's looking through binoculars while Roadblock is shooting the 50cal?

If you squint and look from far away, I guess that's Firefly. But the eyes and camo on his jacket aren't nearly enough.

The first time we see Duke in the comics, isn't he's looking through binoculars while Roadblock is shooting the 50cal?
Pretty sure he was shooting down a Rattler with Roadblock, but I could be wrong.

If you squint and look from far away, I guess that's Firefly. But the eyes and camo on his jacket aren't nearly enough.

Pretty sure he was shooting down a Rattler with Roadblock, but I could be wrong.

I don't remember (and am too lazy to go look in the TPBs), but yeah, he's either shooting alongside Roadblock, or spotting for him.

See, you should "INSTANTLY" think Firefly. The fact that you have to "install" Firefly into the image means you agree with us. :D

Back