SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think baroness is gonna be near 200.00 no matter what. All new body and accessories, plus it's friggin baroness. It will sellout very fast regardless.

my guess is 159.99-169.99

$200? no way.....not yet! the dollar has to lose more buying power

But that's just it. It's all part of the gimmick. People buy into the gimmick ...cough... you ...cough... :nana: without even taking a step back to think about what this means for the figures that came before. This line will be "Boba'd" into a price hike with this stand to bring standard figures up to the $199 mark with others. It's already happened with the Clone Commanders. Watch. :monkey1

I just don't see it as a gimmick, it's a practical solution to finding a accessible out of the way place for the extra accessories.
You wouldn't be pooing on the idea had Sideshow started the line with them.
All this belly aching over a stand.
God damn overpriced rubber Hulk is pissing everyone off!

--

Yes. It's look awesome, but very overpriced.

If only TOY BIZ or MARVEL TOYS or whatever name they're going by now simply used the Hulk rotocast from a few years, but LARGER . . . MUCH LARGER . . . at an affordable & reasonable price point. Heck, they produced a freaking humongous SENTINEL figure for the X-MEN (to use with their 1:18 scale figures). They can do it.

I just don't see it as a gimmick, it's a practical solution to finding a accessible out of the way place for the extra accessories.
You wouldn't be pooing on the idea had Sideshow started the line with them.

Actually, I would. They'd still result in a price hike and are completely unnecessary given you can store your parts in the box. Even more unnecessary when you consider you won't get things like larger rifles or Baroness' hair in them.

All this belly aching over a stand.

$287 shipped from BBTS. Not bad for a figure who's a foot and a half tall. I would've paid $360 from SSC with tax and shipping. :monkey1

A little bent that there's no stand though. :mad:

Actually, I would. They'd still result in a price hike and are completely unnecessary given you can store your parts in the box. Even more unnecessary when you consider you won't get things like larger rifles or Baroness' hair in them.

$287 shipped from BBTS. Not bad for a figure who's a foot and a half tall. I would've paid $360 from SSC with tax and shipping. :monkey1

A little bent that there's no stand though. :mad:

If it had been better designed with 3 pairs of solid switch out arms with a twist joint at the bottom of the shoulder and more hand options and at least a second alternative head, then I would pay $300, but rubber arms are the main deal breaker, I'm not spending that much for something I know won't last 3 years.

If it had been better designed with 3 pairs of solid switch out arms with a twist joint at the bottom of the shoulder and more hand options and at least a second alternative head, then I would pay $300, but rubber arms are the main deal breaker, I'm not spending that much for something I know won't last 3 years.

Given the size of the arms, I'm betting they'll be the same "rubber" as the torso. They look like they come out of the box with a slight bend, so while it's not what I would've wanted (a ****ing joint like the other muscle bodies), it's doable (especially at $287 shipped from BBTS w/no $30 NRD), and means he won't be stiff-arming it in the detolf.

Theres people quoting on the thread that OMG is saying its PVC not rubber arms.

But it floors me that this of all the characters does not come with an alternate HS of a screaming head. C'mon its the Hulk...

Theres people quoting on the thread that OMG is saying its PVC not rubber arms.

But it floors me that this of all the characters does not come with an alternate HS of a screaming head. C'mon its the Hulk...

Yeah I read about the PVC, but the bent elbow just doesn't look natural here:
297563_10150984693827344_1149706831_n.jpg

And I still won't trust HT with seamless joints, especially after they reassured us the rubber wouldn't break down after the HT Gen 1 rubber bodies started to crack or melt.

Screaming, smirking or snarling with a closed mouth, there's plenty of reasons there should've been alternative heads.

Last edited:
Yeah I read about the PVC, but the bent elbow just doesn't look natural here:
And I still won't trust HT with seamless joints, especially after they reassured us the rubber wouldn't break down after the HT Gen 1 rubber bodies started to crack or melt.
Screaming, smirking or snarling with a closed mouth, there's plenty of reasons there should've been alternative heads.

:goodpost: You definitely have a point on that one.

Well we still don't know what, if any, the price hike will be. Hopefully it's minor. All I know is I want this figure now!!!

Has this been posted in here yet? Even if it has been, it's still worth a second or third look. That Trevor Grove is quite talented. I like the little hint of a sexy smirk on her face. I wish we could see more of the armless body that the heads are on.

281u49k.jpg

I'm not suggesting Hot Toys does it well, I'm saying keep the doll hair away from my Joes.

Has this been posted in here yet? Even if it has been, it's still worth a second or third look. That Trevor Grove is quite talented. I like the little hint of a sexy smirk on her face. I wish we could see more of the armless body that the heads are on.

281u49k.jpg

Oh so we don't actually get another head, but only the hair? I don't like that idea so much, I can see that not staying on too well. Damn

Back