SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that paint apps aren't the end-all, be-all. And I understand that theJosh may be talking about the "global" figure, and not trying to nit-pick certain features--if so, again, I agree! I'll take a SSC Joe over some random DiD or HT WWII/Vietnam guy any day of the week. I also agree that the weapons are top-notch, and I think the paint apps are good enough on the masked features that a more nuanced, realistic paint job a la Hot Toys really isn't necessary.

The paint apps are quite good and like I said with Flint's hair I think being the lone exception. As a whole though I'm talking more globally that these figures are as good as anything out there.

I could have sworn you had swapped more than those two (must be all the custom Joes you make I'm thinking of). I've swapped all of mine to TT mainly to give them better articulation. I don't like how the Pros arms stick out and the legs don't rotate much.

Pythona_Gem.jpg

I agree that paint apps aren't the end-all, be-all. And I understand that theJosh may be talking about the "global" figure, and not trying to nit-pick certain features--if so, again, I agree! I'll take a SSC Joe over some random DiD or HT WWII/Vietnam guy any day of the week. I also agree that the weapons are top-notch, and I think the paint apps are good enough on the masked features that a more nuanced, realistic paint job a la Hot Toys really isn't necessary.

Not sure if you've seen the DID WWII figures in hand, but they are really awesome. I was also not a fan of WWII "non-modern", but the quality of DID and the amount/quality of accessories they include turned me around. I just rec'd the "Enemy at the Gates" figures: Vasily, Konig, and Josef and they are quite amazing-looking considering the price. Good likenesses, multiple uniforms, metal and wood accessories, and incredible, ever-improving paint apps. I only wonder what a company like DID or Soldier Story could do with the Joe license, let alone HT...

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Hawk. About the only thing I'm really liking is the jacket. Need to start researching what parts I can grab that might match the look and what SSC parts I'll end up needing after that...

sideshow's joes got me back into 1/6th military collecting. i had sold pretty much everything over the years but have jumped back in with both feet. snake eyes proved to be the perfect gate way drug back into collecting 1/6th military stuff (i.e. random military guys).

geez all the whining ,as usual ,drowns out the fact that these joes are dope .

Seeing Ski's work does make me think we should be expecting better than what we get sometimes

That is not a very nice thing to say about Ski's work. He tries real hard.

:)

Uh, besides "Tiger Force Hooker Faced Flint" we get a lot. This is their best line going...and I <3 SW more than JOE.

:lecture Right Darth Diarrhea.

I have to agreee with this. SW is my 1st love. But the GI Joe figures are better overall than the Star Wars ones...but not by very frakkin' much any more.

That is not a very nice thing to say about Ski's work. He tries real hard.

:)

:rotfl

As for the current running topic, I'd say Beachhead was as close to being perfect for a military figure as any of the Joe releases. Dusty looks to be up on par with some of the better stuff out there too, Soldier Story etc.

Back