SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics. Been waiting for more on him.

Banking on someone to let go of their preorder of Mr. McDonald's hat so his exclusive comes my way.

Thanks again

Got my conversion email tonight. Sept 21/11. So likely to ship within the next week or two.

Hopefully others who came late to the dance on this exclusive will get theirs too.

Usually, it's not too dificult to jump in on the EXs for this line. Hawk's a good choice though, because he probably really will sell out in the next couple months after orders are filled.

I might have got a little over excited and ranted off on speculation.

He is slated for 4th quarter mind you.

Viper for November.... and since October is just around the corner...it would make sense for either Rock n Roll or Hawk to hit October/December since there isn't a figure roughly slated for those months.

Anywho..... dont mind me.

I am dying for another Joe though. My Cobra-Joe ratio is a 2:1.

I don't ever go by when they are expected to come out, that always changes.

All that matters is the "Coming is xx days" and "UPS quantum" emails.

I have to admit, I had no interest in this figure. I figured I would pick one up later at a lower price, maybe. After seeing this post, I checked out the exclusive and he is AWESOME! What do you think my chances of getting one are if I go on the wait list now? I am new to SSC collecting and have no idea.

I have to admit, I had no interest in this figure. I figured I would pick one up later at a lower price, maybe. After seeing this post, I checked out the exclusive and he is AWESOME! What do you think my chances of getting one are if I go on the wait list now? I am new to SSC collecting and have no idea.
i'd say your chances are good. the sooner you put your WL in the better your odds are of conversion. you should do it ASAP cuz it isn't gonna cost you anything to do the WL and you can still cancel after it converts. after the 'shipping soon' notices go out, lots of people cancel.

Get on the wait list!
I bet it will still convert YT74. I ordered the exclusive, but I might cancel, I have no intention of ever displaying him with the hat. Would have preferred a blond Hawk, but at least he can switch heads with Duke easy.

Get on the wait list!
I bet it will still convert YT74. I ordered the exclusive, but I might cancel, I have no intention of ever displaying him with the hat. Would have preferred a blond Hawk, but at least he can switch heads with Duke easy.

Me either but that may change once I see it in person. I usually only insist on exclusives if it is a head sculpt. Added accessories I can live without. You can likely achieve the same look with a cloth WW2 cap from Monkey Depot or somewhere.

But yeah, you can bet your bottom dollar General Hawk will be asking you if you would like fries with that...... (exclusive).

Me either but that may change once I see it in person. I usually only insist on exclusives if it is a head sculpt. Added accessories I can live without. You can likely achieve the same look with a cloth WW2 cap from Monkey Depot or somewhere.

But yeah, you can bet your bottom dollar General Hawk will be asking you if you would like fries with that...... (exclusive).

Talk like that around a WWII vet could coax him to shine his boot by shoving his foot up your ass. :lol

Talk like that around a WWII vet could coax him to shine his boot by shoving his foot up your ass. :lol

Doubt it.
If they survived WW2 then they knew the difference between humor and disrespect, and when its applied to a fictitious Military-Sci-Fi doll...there is no disrespect.

Except that G.I.Joe was a clear glorification of the American military tradition for a generation who grew up in the shadow of an era that harbored more contempt for that tradition than any other in the country's history. Humor mocks and trivializes its subject. I can understand that you intended no disrespect, but that doesn't make the joke respectful.

Aye Aye Aye boys....
To each their own.

Sorry I aint going down this road. :slap:gah:

Back