SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, if you could, would you respond about the hand proportions on GL here? The fists look proportional but the open hands look quite a bit oversized to my eyes. Is it too late to resize the hands to look more proportional?

I'll admit the look of the costume is starting to grow on me, but I wouldn't complain if it was changed to a spandex type of suit.

I still want to know why the GI Joe line had to end since you were a big part of that :)
I'd like to hear more about the Joe line too. It's unfortunate it stopped before getting to some of my most wanted characters, Lady Jaye, Scarlet, Roadblock, Wetsuit, EELs, Snow Serpent, Flash, Grandslam, Jump jet pack, Copperhead, etc..., too many that needed to be made.

As I'm sure most of you know, we don't go around the threads posting things other than in our own thread, but per this conversation I just want to clarify that we HAVE decided to get some Green Lanterns to part out, but we will be ordering much less than normal. We feel that they should have included at least one more head, maybe one of the other GL's like Jon Stewart or Guy Gardner, etc. With the body and hands completely covered in outfit, any alternate GL head could have worked on this figure provided they have a normal human body. Plus, maybe the lantern could have lit up?? An extra set of boots just does not cut it for the price of this figure. Thank you for your attention.
Toy Anxiety

As I'm sure most of you know, we don't go around the threads posting things other than in our own thread, but per this conversation I just want to clarify that we HAVE decided to get some Green Lanterns to part out, but we will be ordering much less than normal. We feel that they should have included at least one more head, maybe one of the other GL's like Jon Stewart or Guy Gardner, etc. With the body and hands completely covered in outfit, any alternate GL head could have worked on this figure provided they have a normal human body. Plush, maybe the lantern could have lit up?? An extra set of boots just does not cut it for the price of this figure. Thank you for your attention.
Toy Anxiety

--

I guess the discussion and the importantance/relevancy with GL's "flaws" is not moot considering a known and respected 1:6 retailer chimed in with their $.02 more or less.

Once again thread cleaned.

Please remember your opinion is not a FACT. You don't like the material - fine. Others do.

As for including an alternate head - none of the other GLs ever wore a costume like this which in style is from Rebirth from 2011. An unmasked version of Hal would be appreciated though. I could even lose one of the constructs for that if it's a question of tooling.

Sideshow might want to include on their website that this lantern lights up. Especially since it was only mentioned here. On their site doesn't elude to that and can put their retailers off put further.

If I decide to buy this figure it will be only after I have closely seen enough reviews on YouTube to decide, cause there are always gonna be people that are risk-takers that will buy this no matter how it looks. I think the outfit is not too bad but those white gloves are over-sized and should be tighter to the forearms. What we saw on pre-order is all that we will get, so we're not gonna change their minds in giving us another head/accessories. It is what it is.

Please remember your opinion is not a FACT. You don't like the material - fine. Others do.

As for including an alternate head - none of the other GLs ever wore a costume like this which in style is from Rebirth from 2011. An unmasked version of Hal would be appreciated though. I could even lose one of the constructs for that if it's a question of tooling.

I would have liked the power circle to really make it Rebirth inspired:

green-lantern-rebirth.jpg

The constructs aren't completely clear, a magnet in the chest, and hidden in the construct could have achieved this I think.

Plus, maybe the lantern could have lit up??

Matt confirmed in one of his other posts that the lantern will light up.

The lantern/battery accessory is planned to illuminate. Since the internal illumination effect in a small piece like this requires the help of our manufacturing partners, we were unable to show the light effect on our prototype for the gallery images.

Matt confirmed in one of his other posts that the lantern will light up.
that maybe but the sideshow does not have that posted on the website. Toy Anxiety didn't know that nor does any other retailer until they change the print on there site. you forget these people have businesses to run

I'm not annoyed at all I'm just saying businesses that retail sideshows items don't stop by and sift through forum pages for info. they usually rely to newsletters emails and what's on the website. Like I said Sideshow has not updated this info on there website and if it isn't in print it doesn't exist bottom line.

No where on here does it state illuminated battery lantern

Product Summary

"In brightest day, in blackest night…”

Joining our celebrated DC Comics Sixth Scale Figure collection, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the next member of the Justice League – Green Lantern!

Limited only by willpower and imagination, Hal Jordan is Earth’s first – and possibly greatest – member of the Green Lantern Corps! Proudly bearing the Green Lantern emblem on his chest, the masked hero is decked out in an exquisitely tailored version of his emerald green and black costume with shiny metallic highlights. Packed with powerful accessories he can pull from the pocket dimension, Hal Jordan wields his infamous ring, power battery, and massive green fist construct. Crafted with meticulous attention to detail on a fully articulated muscular superhero body design, the Green Lantern is sworn to guard and protect his Sector of the Universe – in brightest day and in blackest night!

Product Details

Expected to Ship
Jan 2016 - Mar 2016

License
DC Comics
Scale
Sixth Scale Figure
Manufacturer
Sideshow Collectibles

Product Size
12" H (304.8mm)*
View Size Chart »
Product Weight
2.00 lbs (0.91 kg)*
Dimensional Weight
TBD
Int'l Dim. Weight
TBD

Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more »

Product Sku
UPC

Artists:

Kat Sapene (Paint)
Wan Lee (Paint)
Tim Niver (Sculpt)
Matt Broullard (Sculpt)
Andy Bergholtz (Sculpt)
Esther Skandunas (Costume Fabrication)
Kevin Ellis (Costume Fabrication and Development)
Jesse Lincoln (Development)
Matt Bischof (Development)
The Sideshow Collectibles Design Team

™ & © DC Comics. (s15)
What's in the Box?

The Green Lantern Sixth Scale Figure features:

Fully Articulated Body
Green Lantern Portrait
Detailed Green Lantern Corps Uniform
Power Battery
One (1) Pair of Standing Boots
One (1) Pair of Flight Boots
One (1) Pair of Glove Gauntlets
Right and Left Fists
Right and Left Flight Posed Hands
Right and Left Grasping Hands
Left Power Battery Holding Hands
Right Fist Construct Hand and Gauntlet
Exclusive Right Fist with Power Sculpt

Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

So if your toy anxiety, cotswald,monkey depot, big bad toys etc what would you think

100335-product-silo1.jpg

If I decide to buy this figure it will be only after I have closely seen enough reviews on YouTube to decide, cause there are always gonna be people that are risk-takers that will buy this no matter how it looks. I think the outfit is not too bad but those white gloves are over-sized and should be tighter to the forearms. What we saw on pre-order is all that we will get, so we're not gonna change their minds in giving us another head/accessories. It is what it is.

i always do this with any products ... well after this i think i going to see much more written and video review before deciding to buy SSC products.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but... I bet Tony mei will make an epic classic outfit for this guy.

Hopefully.... the only problem is... as Groovy mentioned is buying the parts needed.

My plan is a Tony Mei suit and hopefully he can make some boots to match (does he make boots). Gonna use a Green Lantern Mattel 12 inch head (surprisingly it is as good as SSC sculpt) (not an insult or knock either, just an observation) and of course a body. The problem is the gloved hands and gauntlets. I feel like the hands and gauntlet will be very pricey on sites that will part out this figure....

Now this is going to be a very very very.... very stupid question. Laugh at me all you want but is there a way to paint fabric? Or a way to remove the metallic/shiny effect off the suit and boots? I am going to guess no, but if there was I might get this figure if it drops in price and take a swing at it....

Hopefully.... the only problem is... as Groovy mentioned is buying the parts needed.

My plan is a Tony Mei suit and hopefully he can make some boots to match (does he make boots). Gonna use a Green Lantern Mattel 12 inch head (surprisingly it is as good as SSC sculpt) (not an insult or knock either, just an observation) and of course a body. The problem is the gloved hands and gauntlets. I feel like the hands and gauntlet will be very pricey on sites that will part out this figure....

Now this is going to be a very very very.... very stupid question. Laugh at me all you want but is there a way to paint fabric? Or a way to remove the metallic/shiny effect off the suit and boots? I am going to guess no, but if there was I might get this figure if it drops in price and take a swing at it....
It depends on what type of fabric you're trying to color. If it's a natural fabric like cotton you can bleach and dye it. Unfortunately most 1:6 manufactures use synthetic thread which won't dye. So the stitches will stay the original color. Also, the GL costume here appears to be made from synthetic materials.
There is a way to re color synthetic materials, you basically have to paint it with acrylics. It's a complicated process that doesn't always turn out the best. I've recolored some pouches with Elmer's paint markers with mostly great results (I screwed up on two out of ten pouches). Here's a thread over at OSW on the subject:
Custom Clothing An Alternative To Rit Dye For 1:6 Clothing

I'm actually not bothered so much by the metallic, for me I feel its more that if the green was going to be patterned/textured than the black should have been smooth or vice-versa, also I do wish the green came all the way down to the waist/crotch region. That said the more I look at him the more he is growing on me, (that price tag sure as hell isn't) but the figure itself could wind up being one of those great in-hand surprises like Batman was.

That's true – but the opions of the many outweigh the opinions of the few! :wink1:

Even IF I did like the material, I'd still refuse to pay that asking price!

I'm actually not bothered so much by the metallic, for me I feel its more that if the green was going to be patterned/textured than the black should have been smooth or vice-versa, also I do wish the green came all the way down to the waist/crotch region. That said the more I look at him the more he is growing on me, (that price tag sure as hell isn't) but the figure itself could wind up being one of those great in-hand surprises like Batman was.

I fully agree here. Although some would feel it's blasphemy, I actually prefer the "Rebirth" outfit over the original, so I'm fine that the green part ends at the beltline. I've also always liked the idea that the suit is created by the ring (not the look of the movie, mind you), but I think a metallic green is very suitable for the character.... actually Aquaman as well.... The figure would definitely be improved if the black portions were not as textured.
But again, it's a prototype. Maybe the material won't be so stiff, maybe it'll be improved. Maybe not.
In my previous post, when I mentioned non-customizers might be easier to please, I was referring to an overall purchase mentality. If I can't make a better product (whether it's toys, clothes, watches, cars, appliances, etc.), then I have to be happy with what's available. If I'm not happy with it, I simply don't buy it. It makes the decision so much simpler.
Where (for me) it gets more difficult, is the "in-hand" possibility. In this case, I don't DISLIKE the figure more than I did Superman (when the protos came out). I was very happy when I had Supes in-hand, so there is (for me) a very real possibility that I'll be just as happy with GL

Matt, if you could, would you respond about the hand proportions on GL here? The fists look proportional but the open hands look quite a bit oversized to my eyes. Is it too late to resize the hands to look more proportional?

I'll admit the look of the costume is starting to grow on me, but I wouldn't complain if it was changed to a spandex type of suit.

I'd like to hear more about the Joe line too. It's unfortunate it stopped before getting to some of my most wanted characters, Lady Jaye, Scarlet, Roadblock, Wetsuit, EELs, Snow Serpent, Flash, Grandslam, Jump jet pack, Copperhead, etc..., too many that needed to be made.

I think it might be the angle of the image giving you that impression. To me, and they are right in front of me, they look proportional. I think also to consider when you make a fist, your hand gets a bit smaller as it is compressed and compacted into a tight ball - perhaps that is giving the effect that it is smaller than the other hands.

It is unfortunate. I really, really wanted to do a snow serpent...as well as an EEL, BAT, Alpine, Spirit, Snow Job, Blow Torch...I could go on. It was really, really fun to be able to work on the line. When I first started at Sideshow I was bestowed the opportunity to create the design for the packaging so thats where the RAH influence came in on that. I got into the development/production end of Joe toward the end but I hope that other Joe fans felt we ended on a high note. My favorites were the Beachhead, Zartan, Firefly, COBRA Trooper Crimson Guard - I think those ones came out really nice. We only have so much capacity in both development and production so somethings need to give. Maybe someday we can return to Joe, it was really enjoyable to work with Hasbro - bunch of great folks over there. I saw on Facebook a post about Hasbro coming back to Joe so one can hope that we get more Joe in our lives.

Back