SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone it has been updated.

The Green Lantern Sixth Scale Figure features:

Fully Articulated Body
Green Lantern Portrait
Detailed Green Lantern Corps Uniform
Light-up Power Battery
One (1) Pair of Standing Boots
One (1) Pair of Flight Boots
One (1) Pair of Glove Gauntlets
Right and Left Fists
Right and Left Flight Posed Hands
Right and Left Grasping Hands
Left Power Battery Holding Hands
Right Fist Construct Hand and Gauntlet
Exclusive Right Fist with Power Sculpt

It depends on what type of fabric you're trying to color. If it's a natural fabric like cotton you can bleach and dye it. Unfortunately most 1:6 manufactures use synthetic thread which won't dye. So the stitches will stay the original color. Also, the GL costume here appears to be made from synthetic materials.
There is a way to re color synthetic materials, you basically have to paint it with acrylics. It's a complicated process that doesn't always turn out the best. I've recolored some pouches with Elmer's paint markers with mostly great results (I screwed up on two out of ten pouches). Here's a thread over at OSW on the subject:
Custom Clothing An Alternative To Rit Dye For 1:6 Clothing

Cool. Thanks! Appreciate the answer. :hi5:

Wow I give big props for Matt coming in to this thread and giving his insights. His answer are anything but typical PR responses and they are full of class. I was a bit on the fence with this figure, but Im Pre Ordering a GL figure in his Name right now!

i always do this with any products ... well after this i think i going to see much more written and video review before deciding to buy SSC products.

Anybody not looking at reviews really needs to get their heads checked out. I almost bought a Cub Cadet tractor that was a complete lemon but after I read about 50 reviews I made the smarter choice to the John Deere which was even the same price.

Still not happy about the price, so I'm still not buying it. But, the suit it growing on me. The boots still bother me though, they should be form fitting.

Yep said the same thing about the boots - they got them so right on Superman and Batman, GL's should be tighter to his leg I feel.

As for the suit - still can't get past that ugly green patterned material – the suit choice i'm fine with, love the head, love the gloves! But price is the deciding factor!

Yep said the same thing about the boots - they got them so right on Superman and Batman, GL's should be tighter to his leg I feel.

As for the suit - still can't get past that ugly green patterned material – the suit choice i'm fine with, love the head, love the gloves! But price is the deciding factor!

Plus the nrd does not fill me with confidence as to the final product. Obviously they are worried about cancellations, but why this figure?

I want to be able to enter an ACBA contest and win hands down(because of superior sculpts/articulation) it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'll keep an eye out for future releases.

Plus the nrd does not fill me with confidence as to the final product. Obviously they are worried about cancellations, but why this figure?

So, I have never ordered directly from Sideshow - all my pre-orders have been through a uk seller, is the NRD on top of the price?
Surely it should be deducted from the final value? So,as an example, with the GL figure at $220 if the NRD was $20 then when the figure ships you just have $200 to pay... if you don't then you lose it? Is that right, or is it $20 on top of the $220 – making the figure actually $240?

So, I have never ordered directly from Sideshow - all my pre-orders have been through a uk seller, is the NRD on top of the price?
Surely it should be deducted from the final value? So,as an example, with the GL figure at $220 if the NRD was $20 then when the figure ships you just have $200 to pay... if you don't then you lose it? Is that right, or is it $20 on top of the $220 – making the figure actually $240?

--

The figure's price is $219.99 USD when ordered directly from Sideshow.

The NRD is $22.00 USD. The NRD is deducted/subtracted from the $219.99 so if one chooses to pay the balance when the figure arrives in stock and ships out sometime next year, the remaining balance due is $197.99 USD plus shipping.

--

The figure's price is $219.99 USD when ordered directly from Sideshow.

The NRD is $22.00 USD. The NRD is deducted/subtracted from the $219.99 so if one chooses to pay the balance when the figure arrives in stock and ships out sometime next year, the remaining balance due is $197.99 USD plus shipping.

Well that seems fair enough to me, to be honest.

Well that seems fair enough to me, to be honest.

--

Let's be honest.

The "reality" is sinking in about the figure.

There are those who pre-ordered it without hesitation.

There are those who ended up pre-ordering it after hesitation.

There are those who complained about it and posted they will not pre-order it, but actually ended up pre-ordering it.

There are those who complained about it and posted they will not pre-order it, but slowly coming to realization they will likely pre-order it after waiting a bit more (i.e. letting it all sink in).

There are those who complained about it and posted they will not pre-order and for all purposes will likely not pre-order it and that's fine. It's their choice.

There are those on both sides of the discussion who passionately posted about it (for and against) under the best of intentions initially, but quite a few (myself included) ended up making the situation worse for a variety of reasons, etc. because after all is said and done . . . it's still a figure and we're either going to pre-order it or not regardless of how we feel about it and looking back we could have discussed it in a more nuanced manner.

No.

I didn't pre-order it. I still have very mixed feelings about the figure like some.

--

Let's be honest.

The "reality" is sinking in about the figure.

There are those who pre-ordered it without hesitation.

There are those who ended up pre-ordering it after hesitation.

There are those who complained about it and posted they will not pre-order it, but actually ended up pre-ordering it.

There are those who complained about it and posted they will not pre-order it, but slowly coming to realization they will likely pre-order it after waiting a bit more (i.e. letting it all sink in).

There are those who complained about it and posted they will not pre-order and for all purposes will likely not pre-order it and that's fine. It's their choice.

There are those on both sides of the discussion who passionately posted about it (for and against) under the best of intentions initially, but quite a few (myself included) ended up making the situation worse for a variety of reasons, etc. because after all is said and done . . . it's still a figure and we're either going to pre-order it or not regardless of how we feel about it and looking back we could have discussed it in a more nuanced manner.

No.

I didn't pre-order it. I still have very mixed feelings about the figure like some.

Haha... I can safely say I did complain, and have not pre-ordered, nor intend to... I will however pick up the figure if I can get him cheap on Ebay after release, but I will not pay the asking price for this guy.

It's not the money. It the fact that the nrd is in place. What if the figure is worse than what is shown as the prototype. You don't like it, you have to ship it back with shipping coming out of your own pocket.

--

Dude . . . I hear/read you. I probably posted/said the same thing myself in one form or another; however, I concede that at this point it's literally beating a dead horse and then some.

Believe me. I know the feeling from both sides.

It's time to let it go and as cliched and naive as this sounds . . . hope for the best in terms of being optimistic.

We either pre-order it or not thus far.

I believe they're putting nrd's on almost everything now and my guess is the dock situation really exposed them to a rare, but gigantic problem with how they handle pre-orders.
I'm assuming they lost a ton of orders on the Stealth Cap because the new Cap was announced before they received their stock. There were also a ton of cancellations according to posts here on some of the Iron Men and Starlord from people just buying it on eBay or overseas and receiving it months in advance of while Sideshow's stock was held hostage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--

Dude . . . I hear/read you. I probably posted/said the same thing myself in one form or another; however, I concede that at this point it's literally beating a dead horse and then some.

Believe me. I know the feeling from both sides.

It's time to let it go and as cliched and naive as this sounds . . . hope for the best in terms of being optimistic.

We either pre-order it or not thus far.

I get it, thing aren't changing, I was just responding to dario's comment about the nrd. :)

I believe they're putting nrd's on almost everything now and my guess is the dock situation really exposed them to a rare, but gigantic problem with how they handle pre-orders.
I'm assuming they lost a ton of orders on the Stealth Cap because the new Cap was announced before they received their stock. There were also a ton of cancellations according to posts here on some of the Iron Men and Starlord from people just buying it on eBay or overseas and receiving it months in advance of while Sideshow's stock was held hostage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, so its on all new products. I thought it was for just this figure.

Why does anyone pre-order anything these days anyway? I can't remember the last time something sold out before it even went out the door, or even well afterwards for that matter. I stopped pre-ording stuff a while back and have yet to miss anything. As with all the releases in this line so far, in hand pics are the final say so it seems. Best to just wait for them than take a gamble.

Why does anyone pre-order anything these days anyway? I can't remember the last time something sold out before it even went out the door, or even well afterwards for that matter. I stopped pre-ording stuff a while back and have yet to miss anything. As with all the releases in this line so far, in hand pics are the final say so it seems. Best to just wait for them than take a gamble.

I think it's just habit. I know it was for me. But, you are right, why pre-order. Even when the item is "sold out", they pop back up again later on.

Last edited:
Back