SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Matt, I don't know if you can shed any info on this. But, are we getting 1 figure a year for both DC and Marvel or are things going to pick up down the road?

--
The "reality" is sinking in about the figure.
There are those who pre-ordered it without hesitation.
There are those who ended up pre-ordering it after hesitation.
There are those who complained about it and posted they will not pre-order it, but actually ended up pre-ordering it.
There are those who complained about it and posted they will not pre-order it, but slowly coming to realization they will likely pre-order it after waiting a bit more (i.e. letting it all sink in).
There are those who complained about it and posted they will not pre-order and for all purposes will likely not pre-order it and that's fine. It's their choice.

I'm in the "There are those who mildly complained and then mildly defended it and will not pre-order it but as long as it doesn't come out like a shipwreck will order it one production pieces are in hand and it will ship immediately" camp.

Why does anyone pre-order anything these days anyway? I can't remember the last time something sold out before it even went out the door, or even well afterwards for that matter. I stopped pre-ording stuff a while back and have yet to miss anything. As with all the releases in this line so far, in hand pics are the final say so it seems. Best to just wait for them than take a gamble.

It seems like the exclusives are worth pre-ordering because they waitlist, (but always convert).
I like the flex pay option so that by the time it's ready I'm only paying $40-60 when it ships. It worked out well with the dock issue where I had 5 figures come all at once and it was only a few hundred bucks instead of over $1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does anyone pre-order anything these days anyway? I can't remember the last time something sold out before it even went out the door, or even well afterwards for that matter. I stopped pre-ording stuff a while back and have yet to miss anything. As with all the releases in this line so far, in hand pics are the final say so it seems. Best to just wait for them than take a gamble.

Most recently, ACI's Aragorn sold out on pre-order. Now people are scrambling trying to find one at a decent price.

I noticed that there is a NRD for this figure. I thought that Sideshow was charging a NRD on figures over $224.00. How long till this is eligible for the $20.00 code?

Yeah but SSC and certain other manufacturers seem to follow a certain trend. I would be interested to see this guy following the ACI trend, but with certain sellers I found it's better to wait especially if the retail is too high and when you don't know about the QC (albeit he doesn't really have eyeballs so any deformities won't be too bad or easily fixed with Wite Out I hope). Also you never know if another production run will be made.

If only I could go back in time and cancel a few pre-orders and then get those figures on sale...or just cancel altogether :slap

comparison.jpg

For those who may want to see what the guys may look like together scaling may not be fully accurate.

That's a great question. The pace on these is killing me.

Last year we shipped Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Batman and I believe we got Superman out before the strike...but I may be off on Superman.

This year is going to be obviously less - Gotham Black Knight and Deadpool, as of today are targeted to ship within 2015. Now, barring unforeseen production issues, another port strike, multiple Kaijus emerging and taking out shipping containers or any other unforeseen issue, that obviously can change - but those two guys are on schedule.

After experiencing the issues at the port the past few months, obviously we don't take that into consideration when we make our delivery forecasts and issues like that, can make an already long production cycle seem...like....forever. So since because of said strike and other potential problematic schedule issues which are just completely out of our control we are providing ourselves some additional padding, in the event these unforeseen issues pop up, so if something comes in a bit earlier - it's more of a pleasant surprise.

This year, we plan to put up the other two previously announced Marvel figures as well as an additional DC character...maybe two depending on how we get through development in the back half of this year.

We are in the midst of prepping for our 2017 development which includes more DC and more Marvel. The development takes about a year to a year and half from the initial character name going on a schedule to a finished, approved prototype. Add onto that roughly 12 months (average) once we deliver the proto and masters to our manufacturing to actually ship the product then another 3-4 weeks (barring said strike and Kaiju attack) for it to get across the ocean, through the ports, into our warehouse, processed, shipped to your door....it's quite a journey.

Capacity both in development and production will always be what dictates how many characters, from each license, we can squeeze into a year so the decision on which character we do, how much work is invested and the cost to produce really needs to be strategized which is usually the longest process.

I hope in one of those paragraphs I answered your question but I also hope I gave you a little more insight into why the process takes so long. Thanks for the question and your interest - I hope that you dig what we have coming up.

Thanks for the insight about time frames. I had no idea you've got roughly 2 years to go from concept to an in-hand figure. We've seen lots of complaints from collectors about Hot Toys not always getting prototypes out while movies are in the theaters (recent Wolverine from Days of Future Past being an example), but considering Matt's post, the fact that they are able to assemble approved prototypes as quickly as they can is really impressive.

I think a hooded GA or a Cyborg could look great! So many great characters to cover, I understand the reasons but I do wish we could see more each year.

Doesn't the double jointed elbow create that "rounded" appearance? I'm not too keen on that. I haven't noticed much restriction on my Supes and Bats in terms of posing. I'm all for more poseability but I'm not sure I'd want that unsightly rounded elbow to get it.

Reported. Humor is no longer permissible. :lecture

20150325_073622_resized.jpg20150325_073622_resized.jpg

With double jointed elbows he could strike a pensive pose with one hand on his chin, or both fist to his chest ready to strike with a two fisted blown, a tender touch to a female's face(lois?), MMA fight stand(not an 1800's fight stand(those guys with the handle bar mustache), he could cover-up(his face while being punched by Zod, or Doomsday. In short he becomes more life like!!! Isn't that what we want? Realism? Sometimes I feel like the character in Pluto's play "The clouds"

Thanks for the insight about time frames. I had no idea you've got roughly 2 years to go from concept to an in-hand figure. We've seen lots of complaints from collectors about Hot Toys not always getting prototypes out while movies are in the theaters (recent Wolverine from Days of Future Past being an example), but considering Matt's post, the fact that they are able to assemble approved prototypes as quickly as they can is really impressive.

It is impressive and I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into development of proto unveiling or shipping product to coincide with theatrical releases. Both Hot Toys and NECA seem to have a decent grip on pulling that off very effectively and I tip my cap to both of them. It's also must be pretty unnerving to try and gauge whether a character or film will resonate and transform into popularity for the product, prior to theatrical release results. Knowing what it takes, it must be gut wrenching after all the development and production work for the film or character to be a flop.

Last year we shipped Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Batman and I believe we got Superman out before the strike...but I may be off on Superman.

This year is going to be obviously less - Gotham Black Knight and Deadpool, as of today are targeted to ship within 2015. Now, barring unforeseen production issues, another port strike, multiple Kaijus emerging and taking out shipping containers or any other unforeseen issue, that obviously can change - but those two guys are on schedule.

After experiencing the issues at the port the past few months, obviously we don't take that into consideration when we make our delivery forecasts and issues like that, can make an already long production cycle seem...like....forever. So since because of said strike and other potential problematic schedule issues which are just completely out of our control we are providing ourselves some additional padding, in the event these unforeseen issues pop up, so if something comes in a bit earlier - it's more of a pleasant surprise.

This year, we plan to put up the other two previously announced Marvel figures as well as an additional DC character...maybe two depending on how we get through development in the back half of this year.

We are in the midst of prepping for our 2017 development which includes more DC and more Marvel. The development takes about a year to a year and half from the initial character name going on a schedule to a finished, approved prototype. Add onto that roughly 12 months (average) once we deliver the proto and masters to our manufacturing to actually ship the product then another 3-4 weeks (barring said strike and Kaiju attack) for it to get across the ocean, through the ports, into our warehouse, processed, shipped to your door....it's quite a journey.

Capacity both in development and production will always be what dictates how many characters, from each license, we can squeeze into a year so the decision on which character we do, how much work is invested and the cost to produce really needs to be strategized which is usually the longest process.

I hope in one of those paragraphs I answered your question but I also hope I gave you a little more insight into why the process takes so long. Thanks for the question and your interest - I hope that you dig what we have coming up.

Thanks for all the info! I'm just impatient for the line to get going with some more Justice League and Superman characters after all the Batman ones. :lol With 8 months between the Green Lantern debut at SCDD and the PO and Flash still not up, it seems like the releases are going down to 1 (or 2 at the most) per year. Makes waiting for a full Justice League tough when it'll probably be 5 years or so before they're all in hand (assuming they all get made).

Oh yeah. We've seen at least one instance where the need to rely on incomplete, preliminary information totally backfired for Hot Toys:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-the-mandarin-hot-toys-902077/

But by the time they knew what the truth was about "Mandarin," I'm sure they had sunk so much into his development that they couldn't backtrack even if they wanted to! I also think this creates problems when they have something that sounds good on paper--Prometheus for example--but doesn't meet expectations when the films finally get released. Hot Toys obtained the license, developed early prototypes, and then apparently decided against producing those figures. And that Tonto figure. . .has to sting, though Howard Chan seems to produce anything Johnny Depp-related, regardless of of the source material or its interest to collectors!

Hello matt,
I been reading this tread since 6am today and must say that it was getting pretty hectic, thank you for your time and insight and for coming out of schedule to talk to us. But can you please put some more defenition on muscles for the figures ure producing , i understand that you are trying to define ea. Figure . But like superman and now the green lantern with a smaller figure well they don't look pretty. Understand that many of us see this figure s as demigods an if those muscles would show more through the fabric many of us would be pleased ,im looking forward to the released of marvel line aswell as the dc line in the near future..thank you.

I wonder how durable the material chosen for the outfit on this figure is. I hope it doesn't start cracking/ flaking off in a couple of years.

Back