SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely inspect your hooded eyes for wonkiness. :lol

6m1w.jpg

m1va.jpg

Can't say I'm a fan of the new eye system yet. If they could move it would be nice, but unless that is possible, you have to worry about misaligned eyes.

So if the eyes are wonky... can they be adjusted?

So one of the magnets from the cape fell off on mine. Luckily I still have it, but what would be the best glue to fix it? My main concern is something like a super glue leaving a stain or a residue on the jacket.

Got the Commander in and overall I'm pleased... definitely overpriced but there's a lot of positives with the figure.

But I need to get the big negative out of the way first, those ****ing knees! I don't get who designed them and who continues to approve them, but I want to kick them in the nuts or twat. The rest of the body is fine, no issues, but I couldn't bend the knees. So I undressed the figure and hope seeing the joints will aid me. But instead I find I can only bend the leg at the bottom of the knee joint and it's impossible to get the legs 100% straight?!? WTF?!?

Aside from that incredibly annoying issue, the only other minor hits would be the sleeveless inner shirt is pretty cheap for a $175 figure and the closures (especially at the neck) are kind of bulky. And the two guns are just a single solid piece of plastic, they both look good but sliding pieces or a clip for the Luger would have been nice. I agreed the reflective dome should wrap around more, but as-is it didn't really bother me in hand.

Positives- both heads look good, no wonky eyes on my hooded sculpt although I'll probably never use it. The tailoring on the outfit is very good and the magnet cape is very nice. Glad Sideshow if finally using high quality materials for the capes so we get a nice natural drape. And again with the exception of the knees the rest of the body works very well and has nice proportions. The harness and holsters are also very well done, the material feels a bit soft so I'd be careful not to tear them, but they look great. Hands and pimp cane are also great :rock

If it weren't for the knees I'd be pretty stoked about this figure, but when you struggle just to bend the ****ing leg it does take some of the enjoyment out of the figure. I really hope someone at Sideshow is paying attention and get's rid of this terrible design.

And a quick photo of mine:

c7c4e8d9-5cf8-46f7-a398-cb6b06689b6f_zpsfafd8591.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine Yesterday And his right epaulette on his shoulder isn't connected properly, I emailed SSC so hopefully they'll send me a replacement jacket or other wise I'll be jumping on the partout wagon as well!

Back