SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more group shots (ill post in Baronesses thread as well)

313m1d5.jpg

23lgmls.jpg

s1uah5.jpg

dyxg1z.jpg

vhqa35.jpg

The Baroness steals the show.

He looks real nice but so young, I wonder which body will be a good substitute for the good Commander. Great pics Jo!

I've got a Luke DX body I'll try out on him. I'm hoping I might have some shoes I can use as the stitching is getting stretched out by the boots.

I was annoyed to see the new knees on this figure...until I finally figured out how to make them work...

I'll post up some pics when I get Baroness tomorrow. Overall I like him, but yea overprice for what you get. $140 figure at best.

He looks real nice but so young, I wonder which body will be a good substitute for the good Commander. Great pics Jo!

Well the style suit CC wears is form fitting. It is ment to be snug. CC is a egotistical car salesman who gets people to do things for him. So he isn't a muscle type dude.

What's the trick for the knees? I'm at a loss :huh

Swapping the knees with a pro body that has the original knees. I swapped him over to a pre ratchet/rubber knee 1.2.

Swapping the knees with a pro body that has the original knees. I swapped him over to a pre ratchet/rubber knee 1.2.

I'd definitely agree this a $140 figure.

That sucks about the knees... I can't fathom why they'd abandon a design that worked for these total crap ones :huh

Yea, the rubber knees are awful. The ratchet ones sucked and we even had a thread to get rid of them and they give us immovable ones. You try and bend the knee and the calf pops out. The original knees were never a problem.

EF was CC shipped to your house already..?

Yup I have him now and am fiddling with it.

I got my CC today and was a mixed bag. On the one hand, he does look really nice overall. I just had a couple QC issues. The fix point for the dagger on the belt was broken and the lapel was trimmed pretty sloppy. I e-mailed SS and hopefully they will hook me up with replacement. Overall I think it's really sweet figure though.

photo_zpscd760110.jpg

photo1_zps510c8d18.jpg

photo1_zps3ed4f8f6.jpg

Well the style suit CC wears is form fitting. It is ment to be snug. CC is a egotistical car salesman who gets people to do things for him. So he isn't a muscle type dude.

I get that, it's just... he looks shrimpy. Maybe it's the pictures. Maybe a Clone Trooper body would work? Might give mine new shoes too.

I took a pair of Jedi Luke boots and cut off the tops and gave them to the Commander, they're a bit basic looking, but work well enough w/o stretching out the pants legs. I think stirrups would be a very easy next step to getting a more classic look.

e0cb24cd-16da-4598-8de2-03821a2482f1_zpscf99a456.jpg

I think the size of the helmet plays heavily in how tiny the rest of him looks.

Yup, are you still making those kits MANDO?

I took a pair of Jedi Luke boots and cut off the tops and gave them to the Commander, they're a bit basic looking, but work well enough w/o stretching out the pants legs. I think stirrups would be a very easy next step to getting a more classic look.

e0cb24cd-16da-4598-8de2-03821a2482f1_zpscf99a456.jpg

Not bad, I was looking at a DiD German riding boot that might work either way.

Looks good. Nice to see some use for those crappy boots.

I stuck a pair of CG feet on him.

I think the size of the helmet plays heavily in how tiny the rest of him looks.

It is a bit tall. I also tried a standard short neck to lower it down, but it is to wide for the collar. The long necks are narrow I guess or may just be this one for CC.

Yup, are you still making those kits MANDO?

Yep. I've got the pistol pack going in my custom thread. Not sure what my helmet is going to look like yet though.

I hate to keep harping on it as, despite the changes I plan to make, I think it's a pretty amazing figure as-is (price not withstanding). But that Vader helmet baffles me to no end.

Back