SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's three and a half years ago I know, but you could buy TWO Sideshow Tusken figures ($135) for the price of this Luke.
Just trying to get my head around the idea of a pretty standard Sideshow figure that's nearly $300.:horror

Jedi Luke was fifty bucks.

And people still bitched about the price.

It's not bad for the clothes, boots, belt, bone and saber.

Treat the head and body as freebies.

I think I paid £25 for mine.

If the Snowspeeder head turns out to be acceptable I'll probably be digging old Jedi Luke out again.

Well, Jack’s intel does shed new light into the situation! I’ll definitely have to give it some serious consideration now. It will all depend on whether I can get a good deal for it, and what else is coming down the pike. Yes, they definitely could have given us the grappling gun and detonator, but I think the proto looks good overall. And like I said before, the TOD Indy has instilled some confidence in Sideshow’s end product quality for me.

BTW, thanks, for dropping in, Jack! You’re always a welcome presence. Don’t let those haters keep you away!

Yep I have seen nothing indicating SS and HT will simultaneously release the same figures or that HT is doing a pilot Luke. Jedi Luke yes, pilot no. ;)

168.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

I left that out because it's ten years ago. But yeah - you could buy nearly SIX of that figure for the price of this one.:rotfl

I mean six years ago this ginormous thing was only $200 more than the Luke figure (though it could be had for $400, making the difference only $130) ...

901731-batmobile-tumbler-002.jpg

This guy is up for pre-order again and he's $20 CHEAPER than the Luke figure...

2164-imperial-probe-droid-011.jpg

The list goes on! This is 3 years ago and was only $30 more than the Luke figure...

901247_press07-001.jpg

oh help me rhonda thats a crazy hike :( that said i think he looks really good! if he makes it to production this is one helluva likeness and overall figure. but that price siiiiigh:yuck

I know it's tiresome, but I just can't get over the crazy prices Sideshow is charging for their figures. If you can't put out a product as good as HT for the same price then you need to get out.

$240 is the new base price for a figure and while they have improved dramatically since the $50 days or Jedi Luke, there is just no reason the figures should be this high.

I always thought the "when will you be priced" out threads were funny as I was kept in as prices krept to $200 a pop; but with Sideshow leaping from $200 to $270 (with less included) in such a short period of time I finally found the spot where I'm out.

I probably would buy the same figure at $270 if it were HT because I know the final product would look great, but no way I'll do that here.

It's sixty years ago and you could buy a house from Sears for eight dollars more than Luke. ;)

Next time the housing market collapses we may be back there again :lol

Fill your boots...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-rogue-group-snowspeeder-pilot-sideshow-collectibles-1001171/

The Luke Skywalker Rogue Group Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure features:

• Fully articulated light body
  • Highly detailed Luke Skywalker portrait for helmet
  • Highly detailed Luke Skywalker portrait without helmet
  • Helmet with visor and comlink
  • Detailed flight suit
  • Cold weather flight jacket
  • Flak vest
  • Life support unit with chest pack straps
  • Detailed utility belt with holster and saber clip
  • DL-44 Luke blaster
  • Lightsaber hilt
  • Lightsaber hilt with blade
  • Gear harness
  • Two sculpted boots
  • Signal flares with belt
  • One (1) pair of glove gauntlets
  • Nine (9) interchangeable hands including:
    - One (1) pair of gloved fists
    - One (1) pair of relaxed gloved hands
    - One (1) pair of trigger gloved hands
    - One (1) pair of lightsaber wielding gloved hands
    - One (1) Right force gesture gloved hand
  • Figure stand
  • Exclusive - One (1) pair of ungloved hands with bunched flight gloves for 'pre/post flight' display

From the specs it appears the helmet is removable.

Back