1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This head looks so cartoonish or like a game version. If there was a 12 inch line of Battlefront II figures, this would work.

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

This head looks so cartoonish or like a game version. If there was a 12 inch line of Battlefront II figures, this would work.

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

Not even close to BF2 mate. While I can see this isn't perfect it is much better than the baby-like doll head on the HT Luke. The open mouth just seals the deal on the baby face.

Boy, I don't know. The more I see the SS sculpt, it slightly.. slightly....looks a bit Asian. The way artists capture that stylized look when drawing Western themed characters in a cartoon. I can't quite pinpoint it exactly, but there is just something off with the sculpt. Hands down I'll take the "Babyface slightly open mouth" HT sculpt over this every time. As I've said we all see these through our own perceptions, but this one, to me, is just bad. It's a jedi-like generic character, but not even close to Mark Hamill. Maybe the way the hair looks oddly spikey in front kills it for me.

Not even close to BF2 mate. While I can see this isn't perfect it is much better than the baby-like doll head on the HT Luke. The open mouth just seals the deal on the baby face.

Oh, I don't think it looks like the game version either, I'm just saying it looks very cartoony like a video game. If I had some video game 1/6 figures of Star Wars, I'd use this.

The Battlefront II game couldn't nail Mark's likeness and did as bad a job as Sideshow. Both are cartoonish and that's where my comparison laid.

It's much better than Hot Toys Luke? Sorry man, I don't even remotely see how you can think that but to each his own. Glad you like it.

It really looks nothing like this lol

It also looks nothing like Mark Hamill other that it's supposed to represent his likeness, just like BF2 was and they both failed.

This isn't awful, it's just not realistic looking and doesn't resemble Luke as much as the Hot Toys version. You of course disagree and that's fine. That's why it's good we have multiple choices of a character from different companies. More of a chance to fit someone's style and taste. Just for me, I'd use this as a video game or cartoon version on my display, just not the realistic depictions I'm used too with Hot Toys.

Star-Wars-Luke-Sky-walker-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Jacket-450x600.jpg

8a44e91c-dee3-4a80-b4f8-c2bed2cae8c9.jpg

It also looks nothing like Mark Hamill other that it's supposed to represent his likeness, just like BF2 was and they both failed.

This isn't awful, it's just not realistic looking and doesn't resemble Luke as much as the Hot Toys version. You of course disagree and that's fine. That's why it's good we have multiple choices of a character from different companies. More of a chance to fit someone's style and taste. Just for me, I'd use this as a video game or cartoon version on my display, just not the realistic depictions I'm used too with Hot Toys.

Star-Wars-Luke-Sky-walker-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Jacket-450x600.jpg

8a44e91c-dee3-4a80-b4f8-c2bed2cae8c9.jpg

Actually this comparison, even if the expression is closer to the HT one, made me think that the SSC sculpt isn’t that far from Hamill. The hair isn’t good though.

yoooooooooo

pretty sweet seeing headsculpts like this, but then it always hits me. This thang cost an easy $100-120, unpainted, so then you gotta pay a badass painter, I dunno, another hundo, so at this rate you're paying the price of a figure for a really great head, but it's THE PRICE OF A COMPLETE FIGURE. Yeah I know, we are all here for the same thing, but a certain quote from a certain movie comes to mind when I think about how far will you go...I'll give you a hint, Menace II Society, "I got this cheeseburger, man..."

I am looking forward to seeing some in-hand photos of this guy. Right now it is a maybe purchase for me. I have the Hot Toys version and to my eyes it is just "ok" I have the Inigo sculpt which i really love but don't have it painted yet.

Back