1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason, each time i look at that sculpt i keep seeing a young(er) Malcolm McDowell :dunno

196155__63749.1342531723.380.500.jpg

Ditto on that crazy racing suit as others mentioned. That was only thing I was supporting as better than the HT.
Repaint or not, no way that sculpt comes close to the HT version.

Im like: What in Tom Brady, ball fumbling- Chris Pine sitting in a racing car with a backwards number 3 on the door monstrosity is this?"

Sideshow Hoth Luke is struggling through the snow to get back in time to get in his Jedi outfit and ship out to collectors everywhere! :)

LOST ON HOTH.jpg

Just having a little fun on the side here....

I think the Sideshow new Jedi Luke would benefit from some good futzing....it could end up looking pretty sharp.

d935f9f2c0bc55c1f0642a74c15b450d.jpg

And this sculpt looks awful! Hot toys isn’t perfect but it’s a million times better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know about the rest of you but I think it’s pretty cool that SSC did a 1:6 figure of Mark Hamill’s stunt double.

Sculpt-wise, I think a key issue with the unhelmeted head is the hair - it seems quite tall and the sculpt detail is lacking. I quite like the helmeted head on this release, maybe because the hair isn't visible.

It's interesting that HT and SSC can both produce pretty off-looking hair - HT because the shape is often wrong and the paint, while realistic, is usually a weird color (metallic, or black instead of brown) whereas SSC often does a better overall shape but sculpt detail is poor and apps look unconvincing. Here the SSC hair shape looks a bit off too.

The one issue is that none of these images from the video truly shows how the headsculpt paint apps look - and that's been the key dealbreaker for Sideshow human heads even up to the most recent releases. The Mythos Ben looks on-apr with Sideshow's best recent examples, but they are still not at the level of realism of a HT head.

This one looks to be on-par with with the Snowpseeder Luke - which was really quite decent, but not good enough for a helmetless head that has to carry the whole figure like a Death Star battle Luke.

And this sculpt looks awful! Hot toys isn’t perfect but it’s a million times better than that.

It's a poor quality screen grab, but it does look a bit like a 6" Hasbro Black Series figure there.

Sideshow Hoth Luke is struggling through the snow to get back in time to get in his Jedi outfit and ship out to collectors everywhere! :)

View attachment 439462

Just having a little fun on the side here....

I think the Sideshow new Jedi Luke would benefit from some good futzing....it could end up looking pretty sharp.
Is that real snow? I just cringed a little

Sculpt-wise, I think a key issue with the unhelmeted head is the hair - it seems quite tall and the sculpt detail is lacking. I quite like the helmeted head on this release, maybe because the hair isn't visible.

It's interesting that HT and SSC can both produce pretty off-looking hair - HT because the shape is often wrong and the paint, while realistic, is usually a weird color (metallic, or black instead of brown) whereas SSC often does a better overall shape but sculpt detail is poor and apps look unconvincing. Here the SSC hair shape looks a bit off too.

The one issue is that none of these images from the video truly shows how the headsculpt paint apps look - and that's been the key dealbreaker for Sideshow human heads even up to the most recent releases. The Mythos Ben looks on-apr with Sideshow's best recent examples, but they are still not at the level of realism of a HT head.

This one looks to be on-par with with the Snowpseeder Luke - which was really quite decent, but not good enough for a helmetless head that has to carry the whole figure like a Death Star battle Luke.

Excellent summary. All true.

Gonna agree with you on that. I know perception of something is a personal view, but I can't figure out for the life of me how someone can seriously try to claim the SS sculpt is better than the HT. Preferring one over the other of course is one's own opinion, but it baffles me someone could look at both headsculpts side by side and claim SS is a more accurate looking Luke/Mark Hamill. It's just not there. I'm not claiming one figure is better than the other overall, as again, that's personal preference, but I can't for the life of me picture someone seeing the SS sculpt, and thinking...man, they nailed Luke with this one!

I've said this numerous times...take the SS head sculpt without any accesories, body, or any hints to who it is, and show it to 10 people, and I can't see even 2 saying...oh, yeah, that's a Mark Hamill headsculpt, right?

I’m not getting any of the ROTJ Lukes, so it’s not because I’m protecting an investment. But I think that this one actually looks very good. The sculpt looks much more accurate in the video than in the promo pictures and the clothing, including the robe, does look better than HT. If I was getting a Jedi Luke I would be in real trouble deciding which one to get tbh...

Back