1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching the video further, likeness seems better on the sculpt with the helmet.

Outfit materia seems better than the HT one. I don’t think the HT one have magnet in the middle of the chest to keep the flap in place?

You could say the same for Hot Toys Jedi Luke. While SS version looks like comic version, it does not suffer "baby doll face" and weird fat body like HT.

The hood on the cloak has a pretty unsightly seam right above his forehead but I liked the vest a lot. The plastic molded boots look a bit too fat and short compared to the HT pleather boots but I think I like the SSC bodysuit's fabric and overall cut more than the HT version, even though the SSC collar seems too big/squared and has the border sewing.

I still see a lot of Chris Pine in the main sculpt but the helmeted head looks really good - love the overall look of it. In all, the release came out about what I expected. Overall a really solid set, but I wish the main Luke head was a little better with the likeness

I think the sculpt looks mostly like the character. It's the eyes that are mostly off. I mean, it's not like the HT is that accurate either. The suit top fits a lot better, but the overall materials look cheaper

26409022c822a987c0e2d3340c973a97.jpg

03f6ab0ceb6a51f7984a71781ce00aaf.jpg

1ce9502d8acfd4df528842d593874356.jpg

cac54749e39074b780dead011f1909ee.jpg

b78b46aeeb528b8c940662f628a8195d.jpg

b735ee1d5f4d0c95a6ba5bfb5c01e265.jpg

ef98a74356ced0819888132608c9df4a.jpg

068083bd51db286f6287857353ba9e08.jpg

91303eb8f1f20253cd0ea237d3829df7.jpg

Screen grabs. Looks pretty good. I like the tailoring and the fact that the helmeted head is separate. The saber gripping hand will be a hot commodity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty bad to me, like most SSC efforts.

1. Comic book sculpt .
2. Fabric looks wrong, like its a track suit.
3. Stitching isn’t any better than HT.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Looks pretty bad to me, like most SSC efforts.

1. Comic book sculpt .
2. Fabric looks wrong, like its a track suit.
3. Stitching isn’t any better than HT.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

1. The sculpt is better than Hot Toys. I’m sure repainted it wouldn’t look comic style.
2. It’s more accurate than Hot Toys. What are you talking about? Look at the props.
3. The tailoring itself looks 1000x better than Hot Toys, especially in regards to the fitting.

1. The sculpt is better than Hot Toys. I’m sure repainted it wouldn’t look comic style.
2. It’s more accurate than Hot Toys. What are you talking about? Look at the props.
3. The tailoring itself looks 1000x better than Hot Toys, especially in regards to the fitting.

At this price level you shouldn’t have to repaint a head sculpt. However good or not the sculpt is, it’s obvious from the video that SSC are still very much lacking in the detailing technique of skin texturing. Sadly this looks just like the Luke snowspeeder unhelmeted sculpt. Flat and lifeless.

Definitely agree with you on the tailoring, I think it looks really good, especially with the Death Star look.

While I’ll admit the tailoring looks super clean. The suit itself looks too baggy and like mentioned before a racing jumpsuit. The collar is too high. Thrown on a helmet and you’ve got an Indy car driver or F1 driver.

Throw the suit on HT Luke and I’m sure it’ll be even bigger and baggier than HT fit. Sadly I won’t be buying the clothing other than grey vest and hooded robe. I was really hoping the black suit would be tighter and not as shiny from the material picked.

Yeah I'm getting a racing suit vibe from this as well.

The fit is definitely a whole lot better than HTs, but that's the only thing about this figure that I think they got right.

Back