1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was curious to see if that "hair lip" looking mark was intentional...

SSC-LUKEv2CU.JPG

....and it's hard to say here. Odd choice if so.
It is slightly visible on this proto shot from the SCC site too:

SSC-LUKEv2CUa.JPG

It's interesting to note that the "mark" is not on the "regular (no helmet)" portrait.
Wonder if it's a case of production getting carried away with the intended "mark". Whatever the case, odd choice from SSC here...
Now, looking at Mark's actual face in ROTJ, the mark can be seen slightly on his face...

Luke EndorCU.JPG

....so, it IS there...just not as big and exaggerated as it appears on that shot of the production figure. I'd bet it wasn't SSC's intention to give Luke that hairlip. Looks like production got carried away.

Need more pics of the figure here....

Last edited:
Was curious to see if that "hair lip" looking mark was intentional...

View attachment 441483

....and it's hard to say here. Odd choice if so.
It is slightly visible on this proto shot from the SCC site too:

View attachment 441485

It's interesting to note that the "mark" is not on the "regular (no helmet)" portrait.
Wonder if it's a case of production getting carried away with the intended "mark". Whatever the case, odd choice from SSC here...I don't recall Mark having that kind of "issue" on his lip in ROTJ that would have inspired the mark. (Lotta "marks" there...)

Need more pics here....

The scars (from the car accident) seem correct, but shouldn’t be painted like in that production picture
eb35d970dcb74c75027d8bf2b3b2e508.jpg

Funny! I posted the same thing several pages back before these new pics. LOL
cda1efd23d2076cfb75c83f367369f69.jpg

6537e08e39db0f4dbf2fc13471afbb71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... because of the lip scar? Really? ...nose, chin, lips, eyes - everything else - looks nothing like each other.
Not saying that I like the sculpt at all, but anyways...

Do you both have the ROTJ HT figure too? Curious about comparisons as I’m intrigued by the outfit too. Would sell off the heads and accessories but probably keep the poncho for a while, at least until the HT deluxe comes out to compare those.

I do have the HT version. I will take some comparison shots.

I think this sculpt looks good, much better than the HT Endor Luke.

As for the rest of the figure, I will hold judgment until in hand.

Not wanting to jump on the bandwagon, but my first thought seeing this new shot was "Joaquin Phoenix". I think it's the combination of the mouth (+ scar) and eye brows.
And its actually a good shot unlike most first pictures we get of new figures. The HT looks pretty much exactly to what I have in hand.

It's a mixed bag for me. I need to see it in person, but I don't think either Sideshow or Hot Toys captured Hamill in their respective releases. I'm shooting myself for missing the Inigo sculpt.

It's a mixed bag for me. I need to see it in person, but I don't think either Sideshow or Hot Toys captured Hamill in their respective releases. I'm shooting myself for missing the Inigo sculpt.

Agreed, the likeness on HT Luke is also not very strong.
Inigo's sculpts look good, but I have two main issues with them: the neutral sculpt had the same blank expression as the HT, and painting one to be on par with the HT costs more than I'm willing to pay. The HT for me is at a 'good enough' point, while an improved sculpt would certainly be very welcome.

attachment.php

In the comparison, I'd say HT looks more like Hamill and certainly more like a real person, the Sideshow looks very cartoony standing next to it. If Hot Toys had done a better job with the stitching on the front flap of Luke's shirt, it would certainly help, both outfits lose in that regard, however, Sideshow seems to have more stitching showing throughout the outfit which hurts the appearance. That said, Sideshow fit and proportions look better overall. There's no clear winner and no optimum figure out of mixing the two, you can make a hybrid that may be best of both, but there will still be issues. The stitching one probably won't matter on a shelf so if that's the majority of your use for the figure, then an HT Luke with Sideshow outfit might be best overall figure.

Collar looks a bit big but material looks good overall, and doesn't look to barrel-chested. Maybe not as smooth as it could be but the Hot Toys is probably overly smooth. Curious to see clothing swaps and all that.

Regardless of face sculpt, as to one looking more like Hamill or not, you can clearly tell the difference in quality of the head.

The HT looks much more realistic to me in sculpt, detail and paint. Between the 2, SS's looks more "doll" like. And that's why SS fails and still struggles with the quality of their human figures. It's either the material or the paint apps, not necessarily the sculpt itself. That head overall is just not in the same league as HT. And why it's so discerning for SS to think their figures are worth the same, or in some cases more, than HT figures.

So for me, the HT head is definitely a win. Now curious to see how the clothes and tailoring compare.

That side by side comparison really tells it all. Although the HT sculpt is not perfect, it looks like a person. The Sideshow looks like a toy from a cartoon version of Star Wars.

Back