1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I already committed to this one, so I guess hood up-head down Luke in Jabba's throne room is the way I'll be displaying this. Too bad they can't find a different factory for their human figures. How is it they can have someone overseeing Jabba so closely for QC, but they let the main character slide like he's unimportant...

Someone here had inside info that this was actually both sculpted and painted years ago and just didn’t get finished and released until now for some reason. That would explain both the weird timing and the outdated paint job.
Maybe they have the budget to oversee something as expensive as Jabba closely, but can’t do the same with cheaper figures... I have a friend who oversees production for her clothes brand in China and she says that it makes all the difference. That might be the issue with SSC overall.

Someone here had inside info that this was actually both sculpted and painted years ago and just didn’t get finished and released until now for some reason. That would explain both the weird timing and the outdated paint job.
Maybe they have the budget to oversee something as expensive as Jabba closely, but can’t do the same with cheaper figures... I have a friend who oversees production for her clothes brand in China and she says that it makes all the difference. That might be the issue with SSC overall.

This makes sense to me.

Seriously Sideshow?

I don't think this was painted years ago. That idea seems a bit absurd, they only just stopped doing that separate eye system thing with X-wing Luke and I imagine this was started at some point after that. Does make more sense that it was sculpted a while back though, and my impression was that Snowspeeder Luke and this were sculpted around similar times -- they both seem to be on par sculpt and paint-wise (so maybe the heads could have been done at that time but that still seems a bit of a stretch).

My guess is they decided to go with Snowspeeder Luke first since they wanted to time the ROTJ version with Jabba -- doesn't seem like a coincidence that they're coming out days apart. The problem for Sideshow is that in the interim Hot Toys came out with what many consider superior.

No, you guys took my comment way out of context. lol

No, you guys took my comment way out of context. lol

Page 68 melter says that he believes it was developed years ago, Tali and I joked that it was sculpted and painted years ago. Just a punchline, nothing else.

So the sculpt may look outdated, but probably not the case:lol

The figure was conceptualized and put on hold for awhile, like Yoda.

More pics from Myla
50703122_600260127072167_8090557112406507520_o.jpg

I have a dilemma. I found someone who will sell me their Inigo 2.0 sculpt, but I have heard that the Sideshow body is necked. How much of a pain do you guys think it would be to find a good body match to transfer the outfit onto? I really want that Inigo sculpt.

:lol

Is this a joke release?

The paint/sculpt is 2006 quality as some have pointed out, and even the materials which are usually SS’ high point came out wrong with the high collar and weird shoulders.

The silhouette isn’t as good as in the proto shots either due to the outfit not fitting as well around the rest of the body.

The video’s not so great itself but you get a feel for the figure well enough.

While this is unquestionably a lackluster release, that video is doing this piece no service, poor futzing an posing. The problem with the net is anyone with a video device can upload something, but there are those who take the time to do a proper video to server the public, and those who rush something out quickly just to get hits first.

Is this a joke release?

The paint/sculpt is 2006 quality as some have pointed out, and even the materials which are usually SS’ high point came out wrong with the high collar and weird shoulders.

The silhouette isn’t as good as in the proto shots either due to the outfit not fitting as well around the rest of the body.

480p

HAHAHA

A 2006 quality video for a 2006 quality figure (with 2019 prices :horror) seems oddly fitting. :lol

Sad release maybe, sad video definitely. Way to use that natural light. :lol

We should start a kickstarter for him to fund a new camera too. Way to go with that 480 resolution.:lol

But seriously, anyone who thought this headsculpt was going to be decent was deluded. Until people really confront Sideshow about these awful or very underwhelming human heads - by loudly complaining or not buying - they will continue to make them. This kind of thing needs to be loudly criticized and mocked. They need a huge change of approach and its many years overdue. And I say this as a fan of Sideshow 1/6. It's sad to see this so many years on - and its pathetic they do this and ask the prices they do.

^ Yup

We should start a kickstarter for him to fund a new camera too. Way to go with that 480 resolution.:lol

But seriously, anyone who thought this headsculpt was going to be decent was deluded. Until people really confront Sideshow about these awful or very underwhelming human heads - by loudly complaining or not buying - they will continue to make them. This kind of thing needs to be loudly criticized and mocked. They need a huge change of approach and its many years overdue. And I say this as a fan of Sideshow 1/6. It's sad to see this so many years on - and its pathetic they do this and ask the prices they do.

I think this figure might just do it. I can’t see many actually buying this with the superior HT release already out, and the deluxe on the way.

Is this a joke release?

I think this guy might be really inexperienced. The photos that Myla Snyder posted on facebook made the outfit and fitting look pretty good. The collar surely isn't supposed to be as high as it is in his video. I'm ok with parting this out and putting the outfit on the HT body with the fat suit removed and using the Inigo sculpt.

looks like crap, omg. why did both companies have to screw up jedi luke who is probably the most wanted human character in SW! ugh... so now I need to what get the HT luke and look for a better painted head and sculpt because the HT is horrible and SS has no depth. man this is a sad day.

Back